Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaiterra

Hangar Rules

9 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to Hangar Rules.

Read ahead if you have any questions or if it's your first time in the hangar. If the stuff here or the rules in the Rules section didn't help, feel free to ask any of the mods or anyone in the chatroom/Bridge/Pilot Lounge for help.

Edited by Kaiterra

Hangar Rules: Scope

The SimChamber allows combat between units from vastly different series. You can have Ride Armors rubbing shoulders with Gundams taking on Mazingers and Heavy Gears. However there is still a limit to what is acceptable in the SimChamber. Series that do not fall within the "scope" of the Simchamber, so to speak, will not be considered for addition to the Hangar or MechDev under any circumstances. The scope is defined as follows:

Any series that features a heavy amount of robotic combat, with the robots (but not androids, cyborgs, etc.) being the main focus. Exceptions will only be made if the series is included in a Super Robot Taisen or SD Gundam G-Generation game, or linked to any such series (i.e. a sidestory or sequel)

Take note that while this means that units that do not fit the above criteria from a robot-focused series could be valid in the SimChamber (such as the Dopps from Mobile Suit Gundam), that does not mean that similar units from a series without robots are. As well, the Hangar mods still have the final say, and they may reject a series that might otherwise fit this description if they feel that it is inappropriate.

Of course this does not stop you from taking an existing unit and retheming it to be something beyond this scope, however do not expect to see those units added to the Hangar or to MechDev.

Edited by Umbaglo

Hangar Rules: Evolution Units

How do I evolve a unit?
  • To evolve your mech, you must meet the necessary requirements for it. Let's take the Super Boss Borot for example:
    Evolution Cost: 5 (Boss Borot)
    That means, in order to obtain a Super Boss Borot, you must have used a Boss Borot in 5 SimChamber battles. Parallel Assimilator and Virtual Stadium battles however will NOT net you evolution points for your unit.
  • Here's another example:
    Evolution Cost: 3 (F90 Unit-1), 3 (F90 Unit-II (Zeon)). Replaces either.
    So for the second example, to acquire Gundam F90 II, Gundam F90 Unit-I and Gundam F-90 Unit II (Zeon) must each be used 3 times in a SimChamber battle. That makes a total of 6 battles. After that, you may choose to replace either Gundam F90 Unit-I or Gundam F90 Unit-II (Zeon) with Gundam F90 II. The one that is not chosen will remain in your inventory.
    Can I not evolve a unit?
  • You may opt to not evolve your unit once the requirement has been met, and then evolve it at any time afterwards.
    What happens to my upgrades when I evolve my unit?
  • Simple, the bonus bestowed by the upgrade is automatically transferred to the new unit. However, if the unit that you're evolving to is incompatable with an upgrade, the incompatable upgrade is lost.
    Can I deploy in the previous form of a unit that I evolved?
  • This is a strict NO. If you want to use that unit but you've already evolved it to the second form, then I suggest you buy another one and keep that one un-evolved. Under no circumstances can you deploy in any fight with a unit that you no longer own.
    This means that if you evolved D Gundam First into D Gundam Second, you can NOT use D Gundam First in any battle since you no longer own it. You can however, use D Gundam Second. If you wish to use D Gundam First in a battle again, then buy a new one to do so.
    What happens to units that I lend to other members to fight?
  • If you lend your unit to someone else and it's used in an SC battle, it gets an evo point. Why?
    All you need to upgrade a mech's technology is battle data. No matter who fights in it, it should still "learn," so to speak.
  • Let's say I own an Excellence AF and Rebi owns an Excellence AF of her own. She wants to evo her AF as fast as possible and since her AF is in use, she borrows my AF. Does she get an evo point for her own unit?
    The answer, friends, is NO. My AF gains the evo point.
  • If I borrow my friend's Wing Gundam and evolve it all the way, do I get to keep a Wing Zero of my own?
    Nope. The guy you borrowed it from decides whether or not to evolve it (see rules in above posts). Whether or not he or she decides to evolve it to its next form, the evolved form ends up with the original owner.

Edited by Kaiterra

Hangar Rules: Replacement Units

What is Replacement Cost and how does it work?
  • Lets take Silhouette Gundam Kai as an example.
    Replacement Cost: 120 CR (Silhouette Gundam)
    This means, in order to acquire Silhouette Gundam Kai, you must first own a Silhouette Gundam. You can then at any given time after purchasing that unit, pay the Replacement Cost for it. After paying the cost, Silhouette Gundam Kai will then replace Silhouette Gundam.
  • You can NOT however, "unreplace" a unit that has been acquired through Replacement Cost. Once a unit is acquired through Replacement Cost, it stays that way.
    Can I deploy in the previous form of a unit that I replaced?
  • Again like evolved units, this is a strict NO. If you want to use that unit but you've already replaced it with its stronger form, then I suggest you buy another one and keep that one un-replaced. Under no circumstances can you deploy in any fight with a unit that you no longer own.
    This means that if you replaced Silhouette Gundam with Silhouette Gundam Kai, you can NOT use Silhouette in any battle since you no longer own it. You can however, use Silhouette Kai. If you wish to use Silhouette in a battle again, then buy a new one to do so.

Edited by Kaiterra

Hangar Rules: Omake Units

How do I get these Omake Units?
  • Just like Evolution Units or Replacement Units, there're acquirement information for the Omake Units. Lets take Strike Rouge for example:
    Omake Cost: 5 (Strike Gundam (normal, Aile, Sword, Launcher, Gunbarrel, or IWSP))
    This means that in order to acquire this unit, you must use any of the stated Strike Gundams in a total of 5 SimChamber battles, shared among them. If more then one unit is specified in the requirements, then the battles can be shared across all of them. Once you have finished 5 SimChamber, you will automatically receive Strike Rouge as a free extra prize. Unlike free presents from members, you may sell Omake Units back to the hanger for Credits equal to the Hangar Resale Value.
    After you have acquired the Omake Unit, the Omake Counter will reset and you may meet the requirements to get that same unit again.
    What is the purpose of the Omake Units?
  • The purpose is mainly to promote members to use certain units more than others.
    Why do I want these Omake Units?
  • Omake Units are special and hard to get. They are either unique or is slightly stronger than the counterpart that is required to use in order to get them. Not only that, it's a free unit that you can resell back to the hangar or just to use and kick butt.
    What does Omake mean?
  • "Omake" is Japanese and simply means "Bonus".

Edited by Kaiterra

Hangar Rules: Customization Units

What are Customization Units?
  • Customization Units are special "dress-up" units that, for a price, gives you an amount of points and a unit "skeleton". You then choose from a pool of weapons and abilities and using the points, apply them to the skeleton.
    How do I get these Customization Units?
  • They are on the Construction Yard sub-board
  • Remember ALWAYS to state in your AM's post what you spent your customization points on.
    Dressup Question: Can I buy more than one of the same ability or weapon and stack their effects?
  • Unless specifically told otherwise on the dressup, you cannot. The only stackable thing you can buy in the Dressups are HP, EN and IS
    (IS is capped at 4).
    Dressup Question: Can I buy more than one shield/barrier/armor/etc?
  • Like the above question, most sub-categories only allow one purchase from them. You will be told otherwise if you can purchase more then one.

Hangar Rules: Unit Refund - The Art of Selling

How many Credits do I get when I sell my units back to the Hanger?
  • You get back HALF of the stated price from refunding any unit that you own to the hangar, rounded up. This includes Customization Units.
  • In the case of replacement units, you count the replaced unit's cost and the replacement cost, then divide that by 2. The result will be what you earn back from the refund.
  • In the case of evolution units, you get Credits equal to the Hangar Resale Value indicated below the acquirement information.
  • If the unit is a replacement unit that replaced an evolution unit, then obviously you do the math by dividing the replacement cost by 2 then adding the Hangar Resale Value indicated in the evolution unit. The result would be the Credits you gain from selling that unit.
  • If the unit is an evolution unit, that evolved from a replaced unit, you just get Credits back equal to the Hangar Resale Value indicated on that unit.
    Can I sell stuff to other members? If so, how much?
  • You may sell your units to any member in the SC for whatever price you want. Of course, someone has to want them for you to sell them. Members generally post a thread in the Pilot Lounge on the things they want to sell, then wait.

Edited by Kaiterra

Hangar Rules: Combined Units

What are Combined Units?

- Combination units are units which are formed by a number of units combining together to form a single one.

Does this mean that I can combine anything?

- No. Only certain units can form combined units.

So how can I tell what a Combined Unit is?

- Combined units will have a purchasing cost similar to the following:

Purchasing Costs:

Not Applicable. To acquire this unit, you must have R-1, R-2 Powered and R-3 Powered in your inventory. SRX will then be available to use. This is a Combined Unit.

So, what's so special about them?

- Combined units have a number of advantages and disadvantages, as follows:

• When a combined unit is deployed, all of it's component units are considered in use, so they cannot be used in any SC or SCEX battles.
  • When you use a combined unit in battle, all component parts are considered in that battle, thus all component parts gain evolution points.
  • Upgrades installed on component units are inherited by the combined unit. However, normal upgrade rules apply, so even if more than one unit has, for example, 3 Armor Upgrades, the combined unit has only 5 Armor Upgrades.

Hangar Guidelines: Unit Stat Orders

Is there a specific order t oweapons and abilities when statting units?

- There sure is. Below is an example as to how abilities and tags are ordered on a unit.

SC-X-00 Demo Unit

Statistics:

HP: 10000, EN: 1000, Agi: 50

IS: 0, Move: F/G/W/H, Size: M, Rank: 25

Weapons:

[H] Amazing Weapon (B[M/P]GAS[X/V/F]:3)- 3000 damage, Paralyze, Mobility Break, 5 EN/attack, 10 rounds. Requires Class Ability to use. [+100%]

[H] None. Weapons are generally listed in order of relative strength.

MAP Attacks:

[H] Amazing Weapon [MAP] (BPG[i/T/D]:3)- 3000 damage, Paralyze, Mobility Break, 50 EN/attack, 10 rounds. Requires System active to use. Transform only. [+100%]

[H] None. If there are no MAP attacks, then this block is not listed.

Combo Attacks:

[H] None. If there are no combo attacks, then this block is not listed.

Inherent Abilities:

1) Unit Type

2) Primary Shield

3) Secondary Shield

4) Countercut

5) Countershoot

6) HP Regen 100%

7) EN Regen 100%

8) Repair

9) Resupply

10) Double Image (1/1)

11) Damage Received -100%