Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mechalomaniac

Prototype Skill-based Pilot System

134 posts in this topic

Boson Jump is a Will Gauge thing, A-Class Jumper is a skill, and IFS is deleted. We don't represent other piloting systems, and this one is no different.

Edited by Umbaglo

And what happens to Sentai Pilots? Are they just gone for good?

ALL current pilot classes will disappear. The Sentai bonuses Team Player and Group Mentality have become purchaseable skills, so...

Anywho, I forgot about Virtualscape, so we can do that. Rank 4 items, Virtualscape: Space, THE POWER, Open Deploy okay with you?

The only current pilot abilities that should be missing (or at least not represented in some fashion) are:

- IFS for the reasons Umb stated

- OS Customization because I forgot to port it from Kait's post in the Dogma

- Fortune (Credit Gain +) for the same reason

- Hard Worker (PP Gain) because we're trying to figure out a balance for not taking it.

- Vulture's main thing, which could really just be chalked up to items and chips

I added OS Customization and Fortune just now.

Edited by Mechalomaniac

Gyrus: Yeah, I know classes don't exist in the new system, but with Team Player and Group Mentality purchasable, you can emulate one.

Mecha: Great. I was a little worried about certain pilot builds being impossible now, but for the most part, they're not (though, you probably can't make your Dynamic-type as good as the old Dynamic, due to balancing.)

Glad to see OS Mod and Fortune are back.

The only balance I can see for Hard Worker is that it takes up a skill slot, and you get a limited supply. That probably doesn't help much though, since it'll just get switched out once the class is maxed.

Resentment will need to be changed, too, since it works based on unit type or class. And since there won't BE classes...

Current notes: (X) attacks just became BRUTAL on dodgers. The DRAGOON system hit my offensive pilot for almost 3000DP, and my evasive pilot for just over 2500DP. With an extra attack phase, I can see one-turn kills. @.@

On the other hand, the sheer amount of damage I did to my opponent (before it got Iron Walled down to just over 1k) was impressive.

Oh, and sure. The terrain thing sounds good.

Edited by Alicia

Psychic Assassin

Starting Max SP: 100

Maximum SP Cap: 200

Spirit Commands:

-Sure Hit

-Snipe Attack

-Scan

-Coercion

-Hot Blood

-Greater Duty

Statistics:

-Countercut Cost: 7

-Countershoot Cost: 4

-Melee: N/A

-Range: Level 1 ([+]-type Weapon damage +20%)

-Accuracy: Level 4 (Target's Dodge Cost +25%)

-Defense: N/A

-Evade: Level 1 (Dodge Cost -5%)

-Skill: N/A

Pilot Skills:

-Psychic Energy

-Gunfight Lv.3

-Recognition

-Esper

-SEED Mode Lv.2

-Unit Specializtion (Mobile Suit)

Pilot Techniques:

-Throw Weapon

-Leg Snipe

-Steady Shot

Will Gague:

-Newtype Flash: Costs 3 Will. Gain Dodge Cost -10% and Target's Dodge Cost +30% for this turn. Requires Psychic Energy.

-Barrage: Costs 3 Will. One (X) or (F) type weapon on your unit has its limit increased by 25% this turn, rounded up.

-Volley: Costs 5 Will. Gain 1 additional attack phase this turn. During this attack phase you may only use [+]-type attacks. You may only use this ability once per turn.

-Focused Attack: Costs 5 Will. The first hit of your next attack phase gains Target's Dodge Cost +50% and Weapon Damage +25%.

Edited by Avitar

ugh, OS Customization became an Active...

what grief....

well there goes one more hope for a really cool support/co-pilot skill

We could set a thread in the tracker with lists of the units that need a specific pilot class for x skill or y attack, to help the mods change them when the new system comes around...

Y'know, I just realized something: Will the sidekicks stay with their current Novice and Skilled Pilot deals as they do now, or will they convert to this as well?

They convert, of course. Novice and Skilled and any other class won't exist.

how is that done, when some sidekicks can't operate the mecha's on their own?

The same way it is now. They get some attributes, even if they don't do anything.

Just finished my fight and danm its a whopper XP

Some comment i like to make is that i think acc would rule the game if we implement this, with some effort tilus manage to pull a +280% TDC on me (without seishin it nets to 205%) which is too danm big a modifier for my liking. Maybe we can lower some of the TDC bonus on some skill or raise some of the DC bonus

Agreed. Sure, it was an X, but doing ~2500 to ~3000 DP "damage" a round, without seishin, on a low agi mech, is ridiculous.

Edit: The ~3000 was with -0% DP, and the ~2500 with maxed out dodge @.@

Edited by Alicia

Just finished my fight and danm its a whopper XP

Some comment i like to make is that i think acc would rule the game if we implement this, with some effort tilus manage to pull a +280% TDC on me (without seishin it nets to 205%) which is too danm big a modifier for my liking. Maybe we can lower some of the TDC bonus on some skill or raise some of the DC bonus

question: what about the ability to tank damage?

how is that modified (b/c that is seriously annoying)

my build is more or less a level down than our present yuusha in regards to tanking, it gets the job done but not realy that effective in the long run, so unless you purposely stuck every damage reduction ability on your pilot i dont thinking tanking is that big a problem compared to the accuracy. Dodging is also as limited as well, but it will all come down to your build unit and item

my build is more or less a level down than our present yuusha in regards to tanking, it gets the job done but not realy that effective in the long run, so unless you purposely stuck every damage reduction ability on your pilot i dont thinking tanking is that big a problem compared to the accuracy. Dodging is also as limited as well, but it will all come down to your build unit and item

sooner or later, someone is going to create a Pilot Creation FAQ...

lol

We're looking at the Acc thing.

Also we removed the Attack Stat, because it was too difficult to balance with both [F] and [+] specific ones, without making the others useless. Also re-added Hard Worker (+PP Gain) and removed the Ignore Size skills as they will soon be useless.

You'll still be able to boost [H]. The point is that you don't get BOTH of [F] and [+]'s boosts to [H].

Okay, so we can't use attack anymore... does this mean we can get both [+] and [F] specifics or do we have to choose one or the other? If we hafta choose one or the other, that's gonna kill my guys...