Metal Knight Sol Lancer: Florida Keys

105 posts in this topic

Florida, United States of America, 2039 AD

OOC Thread

Timeline (2039 - Onward)

January 27

- Missouri Branch established.

February 5

- Armor Group D's Lancers are decimated while protecting their tank convoy.

April 11

- The remains of NOAH, a mercenary force, unofficially joins the Militia branch in Missouri.

- A group of survivors move towards the Missouri branch from the Iowa branch after a attack.

- 4th Company, 2nd Batallion of the Canadian Army arrives after marching from Montreal through the Northern United States.

- Armor Groups A, B, and D go off to Iowa to rescue the survivors

- Yamaguchi Shou drops in, scares the daylights out of everyone, takes a Lancer, leaves.

- The Battle of Des Moines begins.

- Over ninety lancers and half fighters land in Kansas to reinforce the Missouri and Iowa bases in preparation for a large scale operation.

- The Battle of Des Moines ends in a victory for the Militia, Claude Sanders is seriously injured.

- Unknown forces attack Cecil Hendrickson's command, destroying over three quarters his his forces.

- Thomas Altair is kidnapped from his home.

- Sarah Hartzel arrives at the Missouri Branch, taking over as temporary commander.

- Armor Group D returns to the Missouri Branch control area only to have Frank Mendez enlist their aid in returning to the base.

- Mendez attempts to frenzy the Militia troops into attacking the Neo Japanese, Yuri Akamatsu makes her presence felt by interrupting Mendez's speech. Sarah stops the crowd before anything else can happen.

- Shou drops the proverbial bomb on the congregation, further damaging Mendez's reputation. Double rations ensure.

April 12

- Shou sets off to talk to the Neo Japanese across the river.

- Kenneth Macketh makes his appearance while protecting a caravan of wanderers, Alexandre Tremblay spots the battle and calls for Militia support.

- Shou arrives at the Neo Japanese base and makes quite the impression.

- Mendez goes insane, killing Cecil Hendrickson before being restrained.

- Several Militia lancers arrive to help the civilian made lancer, however a unknown machine appears from the nearby river and is soon destroyed after attacking.

---

- The hulking machine is inspected, however the body of the pilot is missing.

- Thomas is found in a ditch near the Missouri base.

---

April 13

- The inspection of the machine is continued under the command of Anastasiya Kuznetsov.

- Thomas is released from medical care and returns to his home.

- Unknown assailants attack the salvage team.

- A nuclear missile destroys the Missouri base, killing a unknown amount of people and forcing the surviving Militia forces and the Neo Japanese to leave the area.

- The Militia command refuses to send out search teams due to radiation, allowing many Militia soldiers to wander out of the area.

May 2

- Several Militia lancers arrive in the Florida Keys, stumbling across Berkheimer's invasion fleet.

Edited by Master Kruz

Characters: Thomas Altair, Frank Mendez, Anastasiya Kuznetsov

Thomas Altair could hardly believe this was happening.

CPT. Franklin Mendez, his eyes and ears to all things within the Militia, repeated what he had just said. "The Iowa branch has been destroyed. Survivors inbound to you...It was a pleasure serving with you, Tom. Message ends, sir." The man, a credit to his intelligence, didn't ask to repeat the message again.

Colonel Altair, Thomas. His last name was fake, he had once been worried about retribution after a Lancer had fallen through his prison on death row, however that had become the least of his worries in the coming years. He had seen hell and back with Sarah, his lover for seven years, and she had just lost her command and maybe her life. Now he also has more mouths to feed when the food supplies they had carried from Canada were already getting close to being rationed to hold out for the crops.

He glanced at Sargent Kuznetsov, the daughter of a pair of Russian refuges who had thought they had escaped the fighting to America only to die eight years later. She had just been born, a lucky survivor, and had been raised by a Hawkins afterwards. She tipped her hat back on after taking it off as a sign of respect towards Sarah and stated instead of asking, "Permission to assemble a squad, sir." Thomas shook himself from his loss, knowing the urgency they all felt. The more time people were left running the distance between here and Iowa, the worse things would be for them.

"Assemble a squad. I want as many Lancers as you can spare, as well as the bases UAV complement. I want it out of here in two hours, max, Anna!"- She dashed off to call a assembly- "Frank, get the captains up here!" He was referring the Hawkins and Sanders, the only other captains on base.

The next few days would be the most hectic the base had ever seen. But for someone that was going to die if not for that one miracle alien smashing through the roof of his cell, he could handle anything.

Edited by Master Kruz

Characters: Alexander Tremblay

" We're here...! We're finally here! Boys, our new home! Missouri Base! " an excited voice yelled.

That voice was Captain Jackers', the leader of the 4th Company of the 2nd Batallion of the Canadian Army. Him and his Company had left Montreal by foot towards Missouri. Twice in their trip they were attacked by the Lancers, the aliens invading earth. On the 175 brave soldiers of the company, only 53 survived in total, and had reached the Missouri Base.

2nd Lieutenant Alexander Tremblay was within those 53 survivors. The last to enter the Missouri Base, he sighed in relief as he stepped forth inside the Parking Garage. He couldn't believe he had survived this whole ordeal, this whole death trip towards Missouri and the resistance. He snapped out of his reverie when Captain Jackers yelled: " 2nd Lieutenant Tremblay! Stop daydreamin'! "

" Y-yes sir! Sorry, sir! " He mumbled.

' So this is my new home... Father, mother, this will sound cliché, but I will avenge your deaths. I swear I will... as long as they don't stick me in the base. ' He thought, as he walked around.

Characters: Matthew Strauss, Angel Behlinde, Henry "Gearhead" LeTroit

"Maaaaatthew...I'm bored." Angel whined as she cast a glance at her companion, the blond-haired somber man who was busy cleaning his gun and looking out at the barren landscape. Matthew didn't respond and Angel skipped over to him, hugging him from behind and placing her chin on the top of his head. "Maaaaathew..."

"Henry might have something interesting." Matthew commented as he looked at the glossy black pistol, holding it up to the sky. "You know that I'm busy right now, right?"

"Oh no, don't send her to me just because you're busy. I'm busy too, you know. I've been studying these Lancers, right? Very busy." Henry muttered off quickly as he adjusted his goggles, carefully examining several fragments of metal. "You know, I miss our Blades."

"Yep, but at least the aliens didn't get their hands on them." Matthew responded, pocketing the pistol. He stood and brushed the dust off of his pants, taking another good look through his binoculars to see if there were any enemies coming. The coast was clear and he handed the binoculars to Henry, who looked at him in confusion. Matthew pointed to his eyes. "You use these to see farther than you normally can. I'm going in to see if there's any news."

"I know what binoculars are for." Henry said, grabbing them. "Now, if you'll let me work on this some more...I want to see how close we can replicate the Titania, Tyrfing, and Tizona."

"Good luck." Matthew said off-handedly. He motioned to Angel, who had been busy juggling several rocks in the air, and she let them clatter to the floor as she went up to him. "Come with me. I guess I owe you some fun after all the shit we've been through. We'll hit the hangar first and then maybe we can find something more exciting to do."

Characters: Sarah Hartzel, Clarke Roades

Sarah looked back as the building the had been using for cover fell, filling the air with dust.

She glanced next to her. She could still see the shadow of Doctor Roades, the man who had not only made the first three Lancers the Militia had used, but also most all the weapons used by the Militia were made by the man. Even the assault rifle she was holding was a product of his work.

Now he was just a little old man carrying a metal case almost as big as he is. She understood the need for the contents to be kept safe, however it was also what the aliens were tracking them with. She just didn't see the productivity of dying when only two people in the entire militia could use it. She used the dust to sneak up on the doctor, took the case from him, and threw it as far away as she could manage.

Behind her, the sudden shaking of the street became less random and more a testimony to the otherwise silent sixty foot tall machines that most humans had learned to fear. The alien Lancer would have been upon them if she hadn't gotten rid of the case when she had.

She grabbed the doctor by the wrist and ran on. The rest of the group had left them when she had stopped to get rid of the case, now they were no where in sight. She felt a pang of fear and kept running. If they hid a few more hours, the Missouri branch will arrive in force. And then, maybe, she could rest and reflect on the howling old man struggling in her grip, still trying to get the case back.

"All available personnel, emergency assembly! Armor group A and B begin loading! Callsigns are Strike and Raider! Intelligence group 7, report to command for briefing!"

Before the call was even finished people were on the move. It was instinct by now, knowing that lives depended on doing what they were told to do as fast as possible, although most of them knew if they're number came up with the aliens, they wouldn't have anytime to prepare. A second announcement went off soon afterward, calling for the pair of captains who were already on their way.

Characters: Shou

As the alarm sounds throught the millitia's base, In the distance between the buildings of the city a lone figure is walking confidently towards the fortified trench positions of the militia. As she closes in her cloak flutters in the wind and the guards aim their weapons towards the woman. As she aproaches she leaps up onto the fortified wall of the trench with nonchalant ease and looks down at the guards below. Her piercing eyes stare at them for the few moments that they are stunned by her sudden appearance and then her mouth curls up into a grin of absolute confidence and relaxation.

"I Came to see your commander, Bring me to him."

Edited by Mai Kobayashi

Just as the alarm began ringing, Alexander had found something that made him stop completely. Right in front of him stood a tall alien machine, a Lancer. The same type that had destroyed his family and life. He stared at it, unwavering, as if he wanted to pour all his hatred into that Lancer, even though there were several others next to it.

It was only when he was pushed away by one of the base's soldiers that he snapped out of it.

He was needed in a battle against the Lancers. He looked around for any avaiable means of fighting back. Then he ran towards a nearby soldier and asked: " Is there anyway that I can help? "

(To all of you: You don't need to say what your character is doing in real time. For instance, if I were to post the announcement of what the mission is, all Terrance has to do is write what he was doing before mixed in with what he's doing now. This is necessary in most writing styles, and fits in nicely. Like now, Mai needed a introduction, however anyone else could have gotten away with post after the mission briefing. You can post at anytime, I'll never go irreparably ahead of you. I've fit in a example of this here with Hawkins and Sanders.

Also, if anyones curious, there is more to the Missouri branch then just what you've seen and whats up there. I'll cover that later.)

Characters: Thomas Altair, Frank Mendez

The pair of captains were leaving almost as soon as they had arrived, a attack on allied branch was a dreaded but always planned for contingency. He was about to sit back down and try to think things through when out of the already crowded noise came a call for him. Of all the things to happen, someone had showed up on their doorstep now of all times.

He sighed again. The only things that would make him thank god for the day was Sarah next to him and unhurt, a ever so rare beer instead of the stuff they pulled from the stills, and a warm bath, preferably all at the same time. Failing that, he'd settle for this mystery person not being another raider trying to steal their supplies.

Characters: Whole lot of people

Captain Hawkins, Megan. She thought on this for a second. She watched from sixty feet above as Claude began to brief the teams that would be leaving. Her part was simple, lead the intelligence team tacked onto the mission out before everyone else left and force the aliens to reinforce their holdings. She knew just the spot, the aliens had begun to excavate the airport. She stopped and listened in as the briefing started, though.

"Listen up! The Iowa branch has been attacked! Most of you here stopped there on the way here and I know for sure I have a few ladies I want to save, so we're going to help the surviving forces and some more refuges get to here! This also means rationing is in effect, a small price to pay for helping our friends!"

He stopped for a moment and glared at a few soldiers that had tried protesting. Anyone under his command knew better then to talk back to the sixty year old man who had been a Sargent in the old army before the war. He drove points in hard when anyone else tried to say something as well.

He continued: "As I was saying, we need to get out of here and into Iowa! Besides Armor A and B, I've been asked to take any volunteers with me--" He stopped again as one of the standby Lancer pilots yelled a very rude yell of satisfaction"--That aren't in group C." He smiled as the pilots in group C looked at the other pilot, the telltale motion tracking system of the Lancers giving the move away. The hollowed out parking garage was quite again.

"Now then, we have room for plenty of infantry--"More then eighty hands went up"--and also have some Lancers that group D won't be needing! No experience necessary!" More hands shot up, although not nearly as many as before. Piloting a Lancer was a dangerous job, the only job more dangerous that anyone could sign up on was intelligence work. Infantry had a 40:60 ratio of survival, Lancers had a 20:80 survival rate. The aliens poured in on them if the massive machines stuck around too long. Group D proved that. They had been a group that had carried from Iowa along with the tanks, however the aliens had attacked them in mass when they had traveled too close to a excavation site. The aliens always reinforced excavation sights, partly because it might mean a human base is nearby. At least, thats what most people think. It could just be they really like digging through rubble, Megan had given up trying to guess what the aliens thought.

Claude chose several people to pilot the six lancers that had been salvaged after the aliens moved on. The cores were entirely new, the models themselves were oddballs. They had been sent as a precursor to be sent to farther down south where some new lancer had shown up, however only the tanks had survived to make the trip, along with some UAVs they had taken from the base.

She finally slid into the core. The machine was cold to her back, she was close to shivering when the suit closed around her entirely. The lancer started to boot up. The same strange text popped up, as with most cores, and the inside was heated to her body temperature. She focused on team A and team B, they had already started climbing the ladders to their machines. Some of them waved, the motion of her head had given her away. The intelligence team behind her was ready, they were volunteers, eager to fight. You had to be crazy to pick a job with a ten percent survival chance, and most of them were. She also chanced a glance at the team D lancers and saw Lieutenant Abrams was also there, meaning at least one of the pilots were new. She wished them the best of luck and hoped the lancer they had wasn't transformable. Those things are damn hard to pilot.

She finally stopped looking around her and headed towards the hole on one side of the building they used to enter and leave the building. She flagged the intelligence team to follow and left.

Edited by Master Kruz

Alexander climbed into one of the Group D Lancers, after he heard that some of them would be free for volunteers to pick up and fight with. When he slid into the core, he was surprised by the coldness of the inside. It was dark enough so he couldn't see what was the cockpit like.

Then the suit closed in around him, and the core booted up. He was stunned at the sudden movements and at the unknown text that was displayed in front of him. Being used to pilot cars and bikes, Alex wasn't used to moving with a Lancer. His first step with the machine had the Lancer fall on its knee.

Alex was able to move back on the Lancer's feet, and waited for the other Lancers of the D Group to advance.

Characters: Yamaguchi Shou, Thomas Altair, Various Soldiers

An armored figure thrundles into view. The armor looks destinctly worse for wear. Shou immediatly recognises it as a lancer core but judging form the state the parts are in it looks as though it was roughly patched together from various types of lancer cores. Her grinn widens as the machine approaches, Shou simply stands there waiting with her cloak dramaticly fluttering in the wind. The machine and she briefly stare at eachother. Shou's vibrant green eyes interlocking with the machines cold eyes as a second machine rumbles up to fill entrance way behind the Lancer Core.

A voice rings out from the much larger tank. "Name and purpose? Are there more of you?" The voice seems to hessitate at the end, with an almost fearfull note that shou does not fail to make out. "Ohoh? So scary. One lonely woman needs you to take out a Chibi Lancer and a tank?" The woman jumps over the trench and walks towards the tank with that same frighteningly confident grinn on her face. "Japanese Millitia Ace pilot and Greater Tokyo area Commander and single survivor. Yamaguchi Shou!" She puts her foot on the front of the tank and points at herself with her thumb. "I'm here to see the commander. Don't waste my time with these small fry that are to scared of me to keep their voice straight!" She yells out at the tank.

The Lancer Core's pilot looks back at the tank and raises a hand in a form of a signal to pull back and takes of his helmet. Beneath the Helmet the face of a middle aged man is revealed, "I'm Colonel Thomas Altair, commander of this base. We'd have a nicer greeting party, but between raiders and...something else, I thought it better to not take a chance." A confident and commanding voice rings out. This man is clearly a seasoned commander and his confidence immediatly wins him some more respect in Shou's Eyes. "So what do you want, pilot from the east?" He asks her with a healthy amount of suspicion in his voice.

"My kouhei-tachi got defeated on the way here, my robot was destroyed too. I'm here to offer you Gai-jin my service" Shou awnsers as her grin slides away into a much more serious exprenssion, she has decided to put her fate into this man. "No matter how great one person becomes. I still can't fight those Alien bastards alone. Let me fight with your. Altair." The two people from vastly diffrent backgrounds and mindsets lock eyes in a moment of pure basic human understanding for one silent a moment before thomas speaks up "Normally, I wouldn't let you near a lancer or even near our weapons stock. But since we managed to find ourselves in the situation we're in...We have a lancer you can use, a squad of our forces are using the trench right in front of the only lancer exit. Follow that and you can catch up." He stops for a moment before continueing, Contemplating just how much he should tell her. But that fleeting moment of understanding between them sways him to trust her.

"We have people down in Iowa thats just been hit, along with some precious cargo. If you are who you say you are, then you know what nuclear weapons are. Retrieve the weapons and two people, a woman named Sarah and a man called doctor Roades. Anyone else doesn't really matter to me. Get them and the cargo, and you can stay on as a goddamn field commisioned Lieutenant." Shou's eyes flash a moment at the mention of nuclear weapons before she acknowledges his words with a small nod. "Show me to the Lancer, Taisa-san yo." Thomas Nods in return and leads Shou towards the garage. The tank retreats back towards its parking spot to clear the opening to let them inside. They are greeted with the sight of several lancers standing against one wall, their heads moving astough they are talking to eachother. With what Shou knew of lancers she tought there was a pretty good chance that was exactly what they were doing.

Thomas pointed his finger towards one that had a slightly diffrent frame from the others and yelled at its pilot. "Jacob, get out of there!" He then turned back to face Shou. "This is one of our better lancers. If you know how to use a transformation module, its five times faster then the aliens flight model. We pride ourselves on this one, so be careful. I wouldn't give it to you except that Sar-the cargo is very valuable." he told her in his commanding tone of voice, emotions only flaring up slightly as he was about to say a name and then corrected himself. Shou looked at the lancer and grinned as he talked. "Ohoh, a henkei (Transformation) type is it? Omoishiroi da! This Kittai, I will take it, Taisa-san yo!" Shou leaped passed thomas with only the swashing flick of her cloak moving passed him giving her away before she is up the ladder and already inside the lancer core, booting up the machine. "Yosha, this kittai as of now, is my new Shougun! Taisa-san I will save your girlfriend for you!" The machine transforms into its flight mode on the spot, knocking down the ladder in the process which hits empty ground with a loud clanking sound. The Lancer then speeds out of the hole in the side of the garage as thomas raises his arm infront of his face against the sudden gust of wind, leaving him unable to respond to the last comment...

Edited by Mai Kobayashi

Characters: Thomas Altair, Frank Mendez

Thomas looked at his watch again. It had been three hours since the troops had left. By this time, they were likely set up to begin searching for the survivors. He looked at Frank, who was stroking his goatee while listening to the ever present sound cushioned headsets that made the bases only link to the outside world. Someone was always listening, ready to write down anything, including the broadcast from the hidden central base telling everyone what the date was so if they ever had to dig in underground like the early years, they'd know. The second most common broadcast was stories of success, such as the new Lancers that had fought off the aliens on their own. The stories became exaggerated with almost every telling, however it was something for moral.

He looked at the timepiece again only to discover it had stopped moving. He took it off with care and prayed it wasn't a omen.

Characters: Armor Group A and D

Claude Sanders hadn't seen action in close to ten years. He was proud of his service record, yet had somehow always managed to be in the wrong place at the right time. He licked his lips, happy to see that the aliens had kept with their old tactics. The aliens grouped around where they had last seen something and waited for others to search the area, then swarmed again at the first clear sighting of someone. It was what made them predictable.

He silently thanked god for the chance to lead such a force. Group B had found some survivors, however none of them were the good doctor with the nuke. Now he was the one getting the glory for finding the most important man the militia had in its ranks, or failing that, his body and a weapon that would eliminate the aliens.

He signaled to both sides of him, starting the search, or in all reality, the attack.

(OOC: Sorry for my lack of action, but I was unfortunately detained. I will probably make several mistakes throughout this post. Correct me if I do.)

Characters: Matthew Strauss, Angel Behlinde

Matthew and Angel were just about to enter the command room when the alarms sounded. The two of them exchanged looks before rushing towards their Lancers, not bothering to wonder what was going on. All that mattered was that their services were required and they would do their duty. Angel paused before she jumped into her Lancer, looking thoughtful. "Do you think we should get Henry?"

"You heard the man. He's busy." Matthew replied as he entered the core and waited for everything to get ready. He had become used to the cold and it would've felt pleasant if he wasn't feeling so impatient at the moment. To be honest, the days of somewhat peace had been getting boring to him and this chance for action energized him more than any amounts of sleep. He checked his controls and took a deep breath. Now here was something he could do. He had a purpose to fight and a purpose to live. In times of peace he had his purpose too, which was too keep Angel out of trouble and Henry safe, but when in battle, it felt more definite, more...tangible. It was always during those points that he felt at his best.

"Whoo! Let's fly!" Angel crowed from her Lancer, sounding as energetic as usual. A small smile crept to Matthew's lips. Pilots were lauching already and that meant it was almost his turn. Time to do what he was hired for.

Characters: Matthew Strauss, Angel Behlinde, Henry "Gearhead" LeTroit

"I can't believe you were going to leave me behind!" Henry shouted indignantly over the radio.

"You said you were busy." Matthew said innocently, concealing the smile he knew Henry wouldn't be able to see anyway. "Cut the chatter, though. We have a mission to do. Any sign of survivors?"

"Nope!" Angel replied. "It's strange that I haven't seen any of the aliens either though..."

"Just keep your guard up." Matthew replied, his Lancer's weapons ready to be used at a moment's notice. "Just keep searching. If it's an alien, we kill it. If it's a human, we save it. Simple as that."

"I'm still bitter." Henry said in a huff as he crept forward, flanking Matthew.

"Right, right. As long as you direct that bitterness towards the enemy, it's perfectly fine."

INTERLUDE

Impromptu father and the movie/The last appeal

(Just for fun, while battles are going I'll post detailed accounts of what life is like in the Missouri Base and farther. These posts may be edited with more content to help prevent flooding of the topic.)

Location: Thomas Altair's house, Missouri Branch Control Area

Characters: Thomas Altair, Anastasiya Kuznetsov

Time: Four hours after operation began.

The biggest advantage of being the only real authority in Missouri, Thomas thought to himself, is the fact that you have first choice in picking living quarters.

He had been mercifully kind to his men. While most bases demanded that their crews stay near their machines, the Missouri Branch had been made twice as large. There were enough people present to run three shifts and pay constant attention to the nearby farms. He had allowed nearby buildings to be fortified to serve as quarters for the off duty personnel as well as the civilian population. He himself had picked what had once been a movie rental like the one he had worked at before he had been sent to death row. There were only two people besides him that knew the whole story behind that, Mendez and Sarah. Both had been his close friends and in Sarah's case, close lover since he had narrowly escaped being crushed and lethally injected at the same time. Back then Sarah had been a child with her parents, and he had only told her years afterwards because she knew that he had been picked up in a prison jumpsuit.

He grabbed a random video from the shelf, something about a Japanese robot and breast fire. He thought about it for a second and moved it aside for when he was watching a movie alone. He grabbed another one, which he carefully thought about as well. It wasn't really important, since Anna always found movies boring. Calm my nerves, will it? He thought. so far he had failed to find something that would shock or appeal to Anna in anyway. He worried as much as any father would about her. She was downright sexless, military to the core, and had no interest in anything beyond comradeship. It was distressing to him as a father, however much unofficial, that he was going on fifty-two before she had even thought about dating, something almost everyone else had found time for even in this bleak time.

He looked around the place. He had cleaned it on his own time, although he would admit to having used Anna to help with the cleaning when his back was hurting. He hoped that doctor Clarke was alive just so that he could check him up sometimes. After the cleaning, he had taken it upon himself to begin crusading for a movie that would stir something from Anna. He had lived and breathed anime himself, but being placed on deathrow at the age of twenty had caused a certain withdrawal for many years. Hell, the guards wouldn't even trust him with a paper and pencil after what had happened.

He chose It's a Wonderful Life, a stark contrast to their surroundings. He plugged the television into a line that had been extended from the base and hoped that maybe this movie would make her show some emotion.

-----

Characters: Thomas Altair*

Time: Thirty-two years ago.

The mishandled evidence had not saved him. Thomas Richardson knew he would die. If not this year then the year after it or anytime after that. He had been found guilt of killing over one hundred young women in in Newark.

He was kicking and screaming as they dragged him out of the court room before they retained him. His last chance at life had just disappeared. He cried as they drove him away, the incessant officer picking at him as always. He cried for a long, long time afterwards.

*-Alias.

INTERLUDE

And now, the main storyline!

Characters: Kain Zuarer, Puck

Time: Apx. one month before the Iowa Base attack.

Kain had been to a pair of exchange students visiting America when the attacks had began. He had been born long after the fact, though. He was only eighteen, in fact. His parents had come from Japan, however had been unable to return when the aliens had taken to randomly attacking overseas transports of all types, with the possible exception of submarines. However, the past was gone. He only knew what others had said about it and of his parents. He couldn't help but think of the pictures of a clean earth he had also been shown, one where food and water were plentiful and where there was people that could prolong death.

Not at like the present.

He was digging for his life, shoving rocks out of the way of the collapsed tunnel. The lights from the explosions told him the strange lancer was still fighting off the aliens. He looked back and saw it backflip, cutting the alien in two before using its rifle to destroy one that had been closing with its sword. He dug faster, hoping that he could make a large enough hiding place that they wouldn't notice him. His was surprised when the rocks below him dragged him in, collapsing into a empty pocket.

He looked around. The place seemed large, however the only light he had was from the small hole where he had come in at. The roar of battle stopped and he saw he had been wrong, something was glowing, no, pulsing in the darkness. He was intrigued by the light. It was almost like glowing water going down stream. He touched it and felt something collapse on him. It was light, almost nothing, however all his life he had lived in fear of the smallest of things.

Yet the light was too intriguing to him. He scooted against the wall it was up against and looked up at it. It was so close and yet he couldn't tell what it was...Then a voice sounded, scaring him away."EC-zero zero prototype lancer core operational, AI-number 0027158. Booting from standby."

He tried to back away when the wall he was pressing up against closed around. He was too scared for words when suddenly a much less mechanical voice spoke to him."Hey, hey! Someone finally dug me up! Took you only twenty-seven years, six hours, thirty-two minutes and nine seconds! So, will I finally get to blow something up, Davey?"

His limbs were like lead, the cold was pressing around him, and then suddenly, he could see. It was as though the cave was in sunlight, everything was bright. He moved his head and saw the top of a skeleton on the ground, the bottom hanging off a shelf above him pinned there by the collapse that had sealed the tunnel. He felt his hands moving and raised them into view. They were metal, like the aliens that swarmed the earth. He was trying to keep calm. The voice talked to him again, saying"Hey, the lancer his right above us. I have it on remote, you want to get out of here?"

He was about to reply to the voice when something else fell through the hole...

Edited by Master Kruz

I realized that I just as well make a new post for this one...I personnel hate the main story after seeing what this is developing into.

INTERLUDE

Mazin Go!/Freedom

Characters: Thomas Altair

Time: Seven hours after operation began.

Had Thomas known he was just going to think about Sarah the entire time he was waiting, he would likely have taken a Lancer himself, back problems be damned.

As the anime title went on, he thought of all the many possibilities, the many ways she might die in some god forsaken ghost of a city, or come back half dead or worse. He thought about the Japanese woman coming back with her in her lancers cargo port, safe and happy. Then he remembered that would have been the Sarah before San Fransisco. Sarah had become steadily moodier after all the death she had seen there almost...He looked at his calendar, unsure of the date. It had only been one year after they had met, in the middle of twenty-twelve. It had been twenty-seven years in exactly four days since the aliens had first started to appear in large numbers around San Fransisco. It had been many, many years ago that he had received the shrapnel that had cut into his back while piloting a lancer.

He took out a ring from his pocket, one of two that he had taken from Anna's parents. He had taken up looting in the days after his escape, sure the aliens would be beaten back and that he would have to buy a new identity. It was all these years later that he considered using them for a more sinless act...Maybe even atoning for taking them in the first place.

He took the ring and put on the chain he wore under his shirt, next to the dog tags of his departed friends and watched the robot pilot on the tele combine his little jet plane onto a robot. He laughed at the the screen almost hysterically, the concept was so damn close...

Characters: Thomas Altair, Sarah Hartzel

Time: Twenty-eight years ago/2011

He was waiting for death. Who gives a crap about aliens attacking Russia or China, he was a few months away from dying. Hell, it was probably just some paper plates glued together flying over Moscow or such.

That night was a real eye opener for anyone skeptic about the aliens. He was screaming like a mad man to be let out like the other prisoners as the aliens landed on US soil. His voice was hoarse from screaming for close to an hour when a lancer was downed out of the sky by a F-35, crushing half the upper prison and taking out half his cell. The debris had knocked him out, he had woken up the morning after the battle was finished, his skin blue from the cold and shivering through the snow.

He had barely made it up the aliens arm when he saw armored forms walking out of a building not far from there, red sprayed across their bodies. He didn't move from the that spot, wrapped in a blanket he had freed from the rubble as he was climbing and covered in snow, until he didn't know how much longer afterwards. He finally moved towards the building they had left, twitching towards the slightest sound.

He had finally made it to the building itself, a horrifying sight. A womans decapitated head propped a door open to his side. He walked over to it, half unsure what to do, when a small form ran past the door, stilettoed by the rising morning sun. He ran for the corner, hiding under his snow crusted blanket until someone tapped him on the slipper covered toe. He had enough sense to lower the blanket and saw a blood splattered girl that couldn't have been more then four or five, her face betraying nothing but curiosity. They looked at each other in the fading warmth of the building for a long time.

Edited by Master Kruz

(OOC: My god...I forgot about the intelligence team...)

Characters: Megan Hawkins, Intelligence Team 7

Megan was using the burnt out husk of a plane to watch the aliens when she heard the sound of a flying vehicle. Looking up only confirmed her fears as a trio of airborne lancers dove down on her teams position. "Incoming!" Was all she managed to yell before the light of energy expenditure shined, tearing apart several of her allies and melting off her lancers left arm. She thanked god that that shot had not hit her cockpit. She let loose all her lancers weapons, however they all detonated almost immediately. She screamed and raised her arms to block the explosions, her left arm went up only on instinct, however the real damage came as the lancers excavating the airport attacked. The barrage was almost a wall of energy. The last thing she remembered was the heat and the sound of her internal alarms going off however her vision was too blurred to she what it was. Then she drifted off...

Characters: Megan Hawkins, Anastasiya Kuznetsov

Anna was just returning from Thomas's quarters when she saw everyone gathering around huge hole that made the entrance way for lancers. When she finally got there, one of the intelligence teams lancers loomed at the entrance, holding aloft the melting remains of Megan's Arrow. Anna let loose a barrage of orders, starting with the mechanics and working her way down to sending someone to get Thomas. She hesitated when she saw the head where the cockpit looked almost normal, although somewhat glossy. She didn't know what to make of it since lancers usually never came back if they were this damaged, however she had a bad feeling as she saw herself reflected in the now laying on the ground lancers head.

Edited by Master Kruz

Characters: Cecil Hendrickson

From the perspective of Cpt. Cecil J.J. Hendrickson, the ground was slowly strobing by, however in all reality, they were flying over 27,000 feet per second, the perspective was from the height. Over twenty bulk cargo planes flew above his half fighter. A large fighter screen flew around him and another squad above the planes. They were the largest air fleet the Militia had ever deployed in a single drop, with sixty lancers with pilots and support personnel in the planes and thirty half fighters and transforming lancers flying cover for the transports and would leave with the cargo to become permanent attaches to the Missouri and Iowa bases.

Several lights flew by, trails to energy blasts. The aliens continued to fire from the ground, however the shots rarely came close. Once the lights stopped, he radioed the air group. "Drop is go! Escort squads, provide cover until the cargo is out the door, then follow the drill!" They had to drop almost three hundred miles away from both locations to keep the bases hidden. Running over forty miles per hour is much safer in comparison to losing their hiding place and supplies.

Characters: Yuri Akamatsu

Yuri shifted slight in the pilot seat of Greed, her legs falling asleep from the amount of time she had spent cooped up inside the lancer. She blinked slightly as she heard the captain's voice just as she was about to push her green barret up slightly "Yes sir!" She shifted once more, letting the lancer drop from the group, somthing sparking in her mind as she was about to initiate the transformation sequence, sending Greed into a roll shortly before a shot flew past her. She smirked slightly as she neared the ground, steadying her mech before activating it's transformation, her body jerking slightly as it landed apon the ground, brandishing it's scythe.

Characters: Megan Hawkins, Anastasiya Kuznetsov

Anna could hardly believe it. Megan had only suffered minor burns to much of her body, yet the inside of the compartment and even the outer layer of the core were still warm. She slid herself down across the back of the now pleasantly warm machine, closing her eyes and thanking god that she hadn't died.

Characters: Sarah Hartzel, Claude Sanders, Whole lot of people

Sarah was finally finding out what the situation is, and let out a sigh. When she had seen that lancer, she had thought that Thomas had come down there himself. The situation was so close, in fact, that she had almost thought that she was a five year old girl seeing Thomas make that sacrifice again.

But no, Thomas wasn't impulsive enough to use a lancer now days. The injuries he would get after just a few minutes of use would paralyze him from the waist down, a experience he had temporarily had once already...

Again, she shook the horrors San Fransisco out of her head. She was in command of the armor group since their captain had been seriously injured. She had no idea how badly his injuries were, though. She set them on a course that would take them back to the Missouri base in only ten hours while maintaining their secrecy.

Characters: Sarah Hartzel, Claude Sanders, Whole lot of people

After collecting all the facts, it didn't add up.

The aliens had laid a trap, catching Sanders in the open. They hadn't sent more forces from around the city, either. Both of these went against what they had learned about the aliens. It had happened before, but all the accounts pointed it all towards pure accident. Maybe it was just her, but it felt different this time, like it was no accident, and if the aliens were doing something different, then she knew that they would have to adapt.

Characters: Thomas Altair

Thomas was going through his movies when it happened. He was passing up the Thing from another world for Star Trek when he heard a strange hissing followed by a clunk of metal hitting the ground. He barely had the time to look behind him when a cloud of gas filled the room, burning his eyes and making him cough. He hit the floor, his face in his sleeve, when a sudden pain in his back made him give a involuntary scream.

He could do nothing as they jammed a syringe into his arm. His last thoughts before lapsing was that these couldn't be aliens, and who and why...?

Characters: Yuri Akamatsu

Yuri looked up for a brief second, waiting impatiently for the drop to begin, unable to shake a feeling of unease that was growing in her stomache "This is going way too smoothly..." She grit her teeth, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. She sat back slightly trying to calm herself as she set up the comm. link to Cecil once more "Captain... Something doesn't feel right..." She took a breath closing her eyes slightly, her hands shaking slightly as the knot tightened in her chest.

"Captain... Something doesn't feel right..."

The words were quite belated in his ears. His engine was idling on the ground, the noise of a conventional engine blessedly replaced with the alien energy that ran entirely silent. His own half fighter was the same F-35 he had joined the Neo Japan forces with, a testament to his skill as a fighter pilot.

What bothered him was the fact that out of over ninety lancers and half fighters that should be here, there was only Ensign Akamatsu and a few others in immediate sight, no one else was reporting in by radio. While they should have only had a spread of about half a mile, the forest could house a lot of surprises...

No, that was the trapping of human thinking. The aliens charged straight into open combat with all the finesse of a blood crazed animal. However, if they had somehow restrained themselves from firing from the forest and making them move farther away, then they would be on top of them...But they had never in the entire thirty year war shown any restraint.

But what if it wasn't aliens?

"Kuwabarakuwabara! Its the damn raiders!"He yelled into the radio. While raiders were only one of possibilities, the Neo Japanese would have come out charging worse then the aliens. Raiders were the most abundant as well, so it ruled out deserters as well. They were both cowards anyway.

Staying here would be suicide no matter what. "Move out! Head for target Alpha!" Alpha was the code word for the Missouri branch. He chose it because it had superior defenses now and Colonel Thomas Altair was to be commanding the operation anyway. The chances of the operation happening now, though, were slim to none.

He mentally cursed that raiders again before spooling his fighters engines up again, vertically lifting his fighter off the ground before heading of to find the road the Missouri base had trailed when settling.

Character: Yuri Akamatsu

Yuri frowned slightly, praying that this feeling wasn't simply her being paranoid. Her frown deepend when she heard the mention of the Raiders, still uneasy with the concept of fighting other humans when the aliens still posed a great threat. She sighed, initiating the transformation sequence once more, following after the rest of the group "Why must we fight each other at times like this?" She sighed ocne more, forgetting she had left the link open. She leaned back slightly, still trying to calm herself, adjusting her barret once more as she looked down at the ground flying by below her as she recalled the reason she had joined the militia in the first place... The fight the aliens, not butcher her fellow survivors "It's not right..."

Characters: Frank Mendez, Anastasiya Kuznetsov, Various Soldiers

Anna had been over the base with a fine comb, through the recent arrival of Armor Group B and their refuges and all around the control area. Thomas hadn't left under his own power, at least not on foot.

Mendez stood looking at the corner, a small metal object apparently requiring all his attention. Anna snorted, Thomas had often called the captain his friend, and not once in all the years they'd worked together had she seen what made him count the ghastly man worth being a friend to him.

A soldier was heading towards him with a report in hand, however she waved the boy over. He was as pale as most of the survivors were, and couldn't have been more then sixteen. She didn't know his name, so he must have been a new recruit, one of the few dozen they had found when moving into the area. He handed the report over, revealing as she had suspected that all their vehicles and personnel were accounted for.

She handed the report back to the young man and turned around to come face to face to Mendez, the man only a few feet away, his hand clothed with a rag and holding something and waving it in her face. "Get out of my face!" She yelled, what little composer she had shattered by the sudden intrusion into her space. The mans creepiness was so strong without Thomas around...

He took a step back before sticking his wrapped hand out towards her, saying "Take this. I need to round up a intelligence team.", he walked out the door at a brisk pace before she could say anything but accept the rag. She opened the rag, the metal object that he had been looking at was carefully tucked and layered inside. She sniffed at it, the smell has rancid to her nose. She poked at it a bit, the device was unfamiliar to her. She stopped for a second, wondering what to do before running after the captain. The man may be almost useless, but he knew what was going on, and she would beat it out of him if she had to.

Cecil could hardly believe his luck. They had flown right over the Missouri Branch to land at the nearby airstrip, and had for once landed without difficulty. He taxied his fighter into the remains of a building, contemplating what to now. The nearby craters marked a battle, many targets against a few, and they might not be safe here. Yet the Missouri branch, upon inspection, was going to be hell to find a place to land and hide, even with VTOL capabilities.

He weighed the risks versus getting the lancers and pilots there safely. All that was left was a dozen of the escort squadron, all flight capable lancers and a pair of half fighters, counting his. He looked at the F-35, the strange arms hidden from the cockpit while folded up and the only other real difference was the weapons and the addition of the rather large energy engine that replaced most of the rear of the plane, making it larger then normal. It was his plane, yet it wasn't anymore. The attachment was not foreign at all to him, yet after the Militia had changed it, it didn't feel right anymore...

He took the picture of his wife from the dash, sticking it into one of his belt pouches before checking his pistol and equipment, then popped the hatch.

"All troops, leave the fighters behind. Lancers from here on out. Ensign Akamatsu, I'll require assistance, if you would be so kind."

Character: Yuri Akamatsu

Yuri blinked slightly as she landed her lancer, snaped out of her reverie by the un expected words from her captain "Ah, what is it captain?" She shifted slightly, fidgetting with her hat nervously, the onlything that remained to remind her of her family. She frowned, wondering why Cecil was speaking to her specificly, and why he would choose to leave behind the half fighters. She looked outside of the cockpit, wondering if she should get out or not, her sense of unease still having yet to fade away.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0