Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Master Kruz

Let's Play Live A Live!

45 posts in this topic

This game is Final Fantasy's bastard child, although it was a pretty okay game all the same. It had several different plots that all met up at the end and the writing was pretty decent. Sadly, the gameplay is rather...Er, how do I put this...Considering the bar Square had already set, it was just plain bad. I can forgive that in the fact that I've already established that the script is above average, and it still is something you should play if you want to find a okay role playing game for the SNES.

A few years ago, AGTP translated the game to English, and it became open to a larger audience, if they could stand the constantly shifting difficulties and mediocre battle system. So without further ado, and in English, Live A Live.

LiveALive0001.png

The title, and if you must know, I skipped the opening demo that actually showed the gameplay. Because I'm lazy and you'll see it all anyway, its all parts from the game. Oh, I also skipped over this:

LiveALive0000.png

We've already established that the game was made by Square, however I might as well.

Now, I can't really continue. You know why?

LiveALive0002.png

Character select.

The Ninja is pretty cool, and the plot plays out like a action film. Really, he's a okay guy, even though he dresses like that for a stealth mission.

LiveALive0003.png

Now we have the monk, source of all things Dragon Ball in this game. He's a easy to play character, and I really liked how his part in the game went. Also, this plays much like a movie as well. I sense a trend.

LiveALive0004.png

Okay, besides being the single most laughable robot design ever made, this one goes on to ripoff both Alien and System Shock. Nice, a video game and movie at the same time. Really not all that bad, though.

LiveALive0005.png

And this one represents all that is wrong with the game. The translation team apparently knew it too, since he has the most Engrish in the game. One man goes around the world beating the shit out of stereotypes.

LiveALive0006.png

The Cowboy is cool in the respect that the plot rolls out with you against a army of outlaws, as well as several small notches in the game you might not notice the first time through.

LiveALive0007.png

Heres one for you. The caveman story takes place so long ago, there is no spoken language. Instead, they use emotes and gestures, pretty inventive.

LiveALive0008.png

We seriously need his mecha. It plays out pretty much like Akira with a giant robot thats piloted by telekinesis. Too bad the mecha part really doesn't play for long, instead grinding out the biker gang part for about two to three HOURS. God help me.

Go ahead and pick one to start us off! I've also got videos with commentary coming up soon, just figuring out a program to capture the video and edit it...

Also, since I forget to mention these things, we get to name the characters.

Edited by Master Kruz

Communicate through your fists bodyslams. You will wrestle your way to the title of Wrestler the Wrestler and rule the Earth.

You will call yourself El Asso Wipo or Senor Bag-of-Crap. If those are too long you must default to Superfly. If THAT is too long, Hogan.

Edited by Blaine Kodos

You will be the Sunset Kid, and you will like it. With the chilling tunes of Ennio Morricone and his steel guitars and trumpets accompanying your gun and five-o'-clock shadow, both military and Mexican alike will flee in terror before you. I am such a Spaghetti Western nerd

Seriously, do the outlaw quest first. Because it is awesome. You will name him Trinity. Alternately, SORE DE WA GUNDAM FIGHTO Wrestler, seconding Superfly. Save the robot for last though, we need our delicious combat.

God I miss this game.

Edited by Fleed Arsus

Heh! Just you wait until you complete all of the storylines...

And, personally, you must first do Master Roshi! He is cool! He teaches cool things to his pupil! He beats uncool people in a cool way!

Okay, crap. Guys, we're, uh. Kind of limited to six characters for our names in this game, so Superfly, unless we shorten it so "Sprfly" or some variant thereof, will not fit.

Thus, I nominate we just call him Punchy.

And now, episode 1.

LiveALive0005.png

At the insistence of the voters, we're going for a little trip with the Wrestler.

LiveALive0000-1.png

...Of Jackie Chan? Hell, it's worth it.

LiveALive0001-1.png

Sure, ruin the dream man! Those movies are golden compared to some ancient fighting styles found around the world, but nooooo...

LiveALive0002-1.png

Isn't there a third option? Like, I dunno, maybe?

Er, yes.

LiveALive0003-1.png

Where you fought the fire dragon and banged some warrior chick? Because, you know, we've heard way too much about that already.

LiveALive0004-1.png

Oh good, we get to watch someone else!

...Wait, you mean to insinuate that this little guy is Stronger then, say, the Govenator? Must be steroids.

LiveALive0006-1.png

Good, now we can use the gym without you pummeling us!

LiveALive0007-1.png

...Dude. Maybe you don't know this yet, but you already are. You know, what with the whole sphere thing. I suppose you could climb a mountain if you want to feel better about yourself, just don't drag me along with you.

LiveALive0008-1.png

LiveALive0009.png

No shit, Sherlock.

LiveALive0010.png

What doesn't kill you makes me sad inside.

LiveALive0011.png

Besides, you know, those Dragon Ball people.

LiveALive0012.png

...Then we can talk like civilized people and improve humanity together! Great goal, now go spread peace, my little friend!

LiveALive0013.png

Then don't blame me if you flunk the test. Damn ungrateful high school students...

LiveALive0014.png

...And lose some teeth, blood, maybe more permanent damage...You know, just saying.

LiveALive0015.png

Yes, now shut up and fight!

LiveALive0017.png

Yeah, I can't pronounce that. And, you know, votes went out for a different name anyway.

LiveALive0016.png

Much better! Go go Super Fly!

LiveALive0018.png

It already is. It already is...

See? Communicating with his fists. I knew this would be a good idea. This guy is so Domon it hurts.

Episode 1/Part 2: Stage Select Fun and I just beat the shit out of Danny Devito but he went home with the crown jewels!

LiveALive0019.png

Make peace, not war?

LiveALive0020.png

Who gives a crap? We'd much rather see whats on the tele.

LiveALive0021.png

HOLY CRAP!

I landed in MegaMan! Wily has officially made the worst robot masters ever this time. Here we have African Man, who can do whatever a African can!

LiveALive0022.png

Wily has hired Danny Devito to put a end to MegaMan and his meddling ways! He was paid in french fries!

LiveALive0023.png

Here we have a retired Master Asia, who is officially just plain pissed off about MegaMan stealing his milk a few days ago because Light is a lazy bastard!

LiveALive0024.png

...Vega?!

LiveALive0025.png

Crap, Chucky the killer doll has something he wants to say as well.

LiveALive0026.png

HULK SMASH PUNY MEGAMAN!

LiveALive0022.png

Let's go after Danny Devito first. The fat bastard can't be too bad, right?

LiveALive0027.png

Yeah, sure.

LiveALive0028.png

You can tell AGTP tried hard to fit everything in here.

LiveALive0029.png

Yeah, Danny Devito is a failure at life. We officially have confirmation. He is pretty funny sometimes, though.

LiveALive0030.png

LiveALive0030.png

LiveALive0030.png

After the fight: "Show me on the doll where he touched you with his 'Ogre Grip'."

LiveALive0031.png

MAD JAPANESE SKILLS!

LiveALive0032.png

You weigh enough, you fat bastard.

LiveALive0033.png

WHY THE HELL ISN'T THERE A SIZE LIMIT HERE!? HE CRAPS TURDS BIGGER THEN ME! I'M A FREAKING MIDGET!

I'll still kick his ass, though.

LiveALive0036.png

CHARGE! Wait, whats he doing?

LiveALive0037.png

OH GOD, WHAT

DANNY DEVITO JUST SHOVED MY HEAD UP HIS ASS!

LiveALive0039.png

I DON'T WANT IT!

LiveALive0041.png

Okay, so he attacked me before now. I'm just giving you the highlights.

LiveALive0040.png

Oh, this is the battle menu, in case you were wondering. Serious step down from Final Fantasy.

LiveALive0045.png

OH GOD, HE'S TRYING TO GRAB MY ASS!

LiveALive0046.png

Get the hell out of my personal space, bitch!

LiveALive0047.png

Oh god, he's trying to rape me in a corner!

And now, Super Fly's last will and testament.

If you are reading this, it is because I have undoubtedly been shoved up Danny Devito's ass and left to die. I'm sorry about showing up naked and oiled to that one gym class, and leave the whole of my estate (A grand total of twenty-two cents) to the victims on the condition that you send a maiden of unrivaled beauty in here with me. Danny most certainly doesn't mind.

And now, back to your regular ass raping.

LiveALive0048.png

OH GOD I'M DOING ALMOST NOTHING AGAINST THE MONSTER THAT IS DEVITO!

LiveALive0049.png

...Oh, hey. It seems the alien overlords have decided to beam him up. Hey, I'm saved! VICTORY FOR THE FLY! SUPER FLY AWAY!

LiveALive0050.png

Uh, is that a complement? Please tell me he isn't hitting on me again!

LiveALive0051.png

Great. Only five more of you crazy bastards.

LiveALive0051.png

"Show me on the doll where he touched you with his 'Ogre Grip'."

Is that a woman in the upper left? Make a statement and kick her ass. We don't need any more Divas pretending they can wrestle around these parts.

Episode 1/Part 3: Now even the bloody slasher doll is bigger then me and African Man that lacks that special something.

LiveALive0052.png

Just keep telling yourself that.

LiveALive0053.png

Yes, the Killer Doll platoon. We knew them well, for they were under the command of Captain Ken and Sargent Barbie. Rumors always going around about those two.

LiveALive0054.png

If by unarmed you mean cutting the arms off people, then yes.

LiveALive0055.png

Yes, I hear the factory spent days working on them so his wrist movement would be great for slashing!

LiveALive0056.png

...I expected something...Sharper.

LiveALive0057.png

Huh?

LiveALive0058.png

I know I've used this before, but NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

LiveALive0059.png

...This isn't even fair anymore.

LiveALive0060.png

YES, YOU'D HAVE TO KICK LOW TO HIT ME FOR I AM THREE INCHES TALL!

LiveALive0061.png

Hah! Take that!

Wait, what the hell are you doing?

LiveALive0062.png

OH GOD, AGAIN!? WHY GOD, WHY!?

LiveALive0063.png

THAT WAS NO ARMLOCK!

LiveALive0067.png

What the hell?

LiveALive0068.png

Oh god...THE ALIENS HAVE RETURNED!

LiveALive0069.png

...Isn't that something you say at the start of the match, dipshit?

Okay, since you asked, Blaine, I shall fight HIM. She's a bloody dude, and it scares me.

LiveALive0092.png

Instead of seeing the Master Asia fight, you get to see be beat Man-Thing!

LiveALive0093.png

And all the girls say he's a boy but he looks like me!

LiveALive0094.png

LiveALive0095.png

I WILL ONLY TAKE YOU AS GOD IF YOU GET THAT SEX CHANGE REVERSED!

LiveALive0096.png

Huh. Guess I won't be seeing that prized kick. All I see are English names. STAY CONSTANT, BITCH!

LiveALive0097.png

Yes, you're on the right track so far...

LiveALive0098.png

...No, you lost it. I will beat you like a stereotypical gangsta and you will like it!

LiveALive0099.png

...ARGH.

LiveALive0100.png

For gods sakes, take my sandwich!

LiveALive0106.png

...Holy shit. One sandwich and she falls apart.

LiveALive0107.png

Christ, I think you're having a allergic reaction! Somebody call a ambulance!

From the screenshots, it looks like you gained a skill off of Devito and Chuckie. If that's the case, did you skip Africanis's skill?

And where did Master Asia's sudden head trauma come from?

Oh God yes you're going to fight the old Asian guy next. I want to see how you deal with Old Man (3/5). Tip for those playing along at home: the Kung Fu Master in the China chapter apparently has this too. He rocks.

To answer some questions, Master Asia's head trauma comes from this fight, I skipped over real quick to answer Blaine's question, and yes I did get man child's attacks. I just didn't have any good screen shots other then me flying up yet more holes. That and God Sandwich works out just as well.

Episode 1/Part 4: Master Asia? More like Master Roshi.

LiveALive0072.png

I NOW FIGHT THE ONE! THE ONLY! MASTER ASIA! Don't be fooled by his stage name, this is the Undefeated of the East versus the tiny midget man Super Fly, live!

LiveALive0073.png

Indeed, he is one of the most dangerous fighters to step into the ring until his very pupil defeated him! Now reincarnated, Mister Asia looks to reclaim his title as worlds strongest!

LiveALive0074.png

While in any other match, killing the opponent would result in his arrest, however Super Fly has signed a waiver! Look forward to blood today folks!

LiveALive0075.png

He is bringing several new attacks to the table today! This may well be the match of the century!

LiveALive0076.png

LiveALive0077.png

He's starting the match off by giving his opponent hope, which he will almost certainly crush later!

LiveALive0078.png

He's gearing up to attack! This doesn't look good for Super Fly!

LiveALive0079.png

...I have no clue what the hell happened just now! It almost looked as though he attacked Fly's "weak spot" for "maximum damage"! He is taking the giant enemy crab by the ass and slapping the hell out of it!

LiveALive0081.png

Another attack! This one looks like it might go somewhere else! Please don't Fly has already been abused by Danny Devito and a doll, the man deserves a fair match!

LiveALive0082.png

OH! Master Asia has broken several of Fly's ribs in a single blow! He may have just felled Fly with that one attack!

LiveALive0083.png

Hold on...It seems as though Fly is almost happy that several bones in his body have been broken!

LiveALive0085.png

OH! And the great Asia lays it down on the Fly!

LiveALive0086.png

Hold up...

LiveALive0087.png

FLY STRIKES BACK WITH ASIA'S OWN TRADEMARK ATTACK AND HAS BROKEN SEVERAL OF HIS BONES!

LiveALive0088.png

This was unbelievable! Fly turns it around and gets victory! This was truly one of the greatest matches of our day!

LiveALive0089.png

Asia leaves in a ambulance, however taunts Fly, but Fly bounces right back at the shear stupidity of the insult!

And thats it folks! Fly goes home a SUPER FLY!

Edited by Master Kruz

LiveAGuile.gif

I could not help myself.

Episode 1/Part 5: The incredible Hulk.

LiveALive0109.png

Okay, after having my ass slapped repeatedly, lets see who I've got next...

LiveALive0110.png

Now the others I've let swing, but THIS IS UTTER BULLSHIT, HOGAN!

LiveALive0111.png

I mean, you get famous and don't expect us to recognize you?

LiveALive0112.png

Just look at that! You didn't even change your backstory!

LiveALive0113.png

Ask me if I give a crap.

LiveALive0114.png

Seriously, just go back to your real name already.

LiveALive0115.png

No, a old man taught me a ass slap that defeats all...But I don't want to go into that.

LiveALive0116.png

Christ, you should stick with your old fashion designers.

LiveALive0117.png

Oh great, more pain.

LiveALive0119.png

...Thats it? Giant letters assault me? Man, I was hoping for something better...

LiveALive0121.png

BRING IT!

LiveALive0123.png

...You dance around...And giant letters come out and bitch slap me. YOU ARE NOT HULK HOGAN, FOR YOUR SOUL IS FULL OF LIES!

LiveALive0126.png

HEADBUTT TO THE CROTCH!

LiveALive0129.png

And now this giant bag of lies stumbles and dies. Die monster, you don't belong in this world!

LiveALive0130.png

Damn right, bitch.

Episode 1/Part 6: STREET FIGHTER!

LiveALive0133.png

Why must they always lie?

LiveALive0134.png

The matador?

LiveALive0135.png

I was close.

LiveALive0136.png

You got nothing on the headbutt to the balls.

LiveALive0137.png

Seriously, I don't care, you kiss reject. Go back to lusting after Chun-Li!

LiveALive0138.png

Hell, I told you my headbutts to the balls were the most painful thing a man can feel.

LiveALive0139.png

Bah, I sail right on by this guy.

LiveALive0140.png

It's headbuttin' time.

LiveALive0141.png

We have eye to eye contact with Vega's third party, and common decency has kicked in. UNABLE TO HEADBUTT BALLS! RED ALERT!

LiveALive0145.png

Okay, just calm down...

LiveALive0146.png

...You will regret that.

LiveALive0147.png

...Okay, I'm all setup...Did Vega just kill himself? OH, YOU LITTLE...

LiveALive0148.png

Vega's a dick.

LiveALive0149.png

Huh. The save menu came up. I wonder what that could mean.

LiveALive0150.png

Hey guys...Oh man, they all turned to stone. WHO DID THIS!

LiveALive0151.png

...Yeah, looks like a reasonable guess.

So, a guy who uses Mexican style wrestling, and fights on a field with Mexican flags, and he's Japanese?

Makes perfect sense.

Episode 1/Part Final: Odie is a Pussy.

LiveALive0151.png

Right, big guy, bald...Yeah, he killed 'em.

LiveALive0152.png

Yes, I'm too shabby at all, am I?

LiveALive0153.png

Can reach the top shelf to get the cookie jar?

LiveALive0154.png

Do you even think about what you say? Or for that matter, think?

LiveALive0155.png

Like come in a close second. Lets call it a day, my brownies are almost done.

LiveALive0156.png

Some delightful Odie Brownies!

LiveALive0157.png

With some delightful poisoned Odie Brownies!

LiveALive0158.png

Yes, the sandwich always works...

LiveALive0159.png

Yeah, given enough time he kills himself.

LiveALive0160.png

Oh, come on! He was a bloody doll against a two hundred pound man made of MUSCLE!

LiveALive0161.png

Max was a LIE and now I can't sue Devito...Bastard!

LiveALive0162.png

His fault for always grabbing the opponents ass to start the battle off. Must have met the girls of Love Hina...

LiveALive0163.png

Suck AND blow?

LiveALive0164.png

Hark! A pokemon master! Hell, it never lasts buddy.

LiveALive0165.png

You're the dog from Garfield?

LiveALive0168.png

Seriously, I can't sue Devito anymore! Bastard!

LiveALive0169.png

You can't break move a horse straight! It moves in a L shape!

LiveALive0170.png

THAT! WAS! SPARTA! About two thousand years ago, that is.

LiveALive0171.png

Yes, and this hand of mine burns with a awesome power!

LiveALive0172.png

Yeah, we don't talk about that.

LiveALive0173.png

EL GRANDE!

LiveALive0174.png

Yeah, right. More like flam.

LiveALive0175.png

Yes, power of LIES!

LiveALive0176.png

The ultimate ass slap.

LiveALive0177.png

Pudding comes in more then two flavors!

LiveALive0178.png

Commence ass raping.

LiveALive0179.png

Punch! Block! It's all in the mind!

LiveALive0180.png

Yes, the little twenty inch man will crush the seven foot giant.

LiveALive0182.png

Pelvic THRUST!

LiveALive0183.png

...WTF?!

LiveALive0185.png

He must be related to Crono.

LiveALive0186.png

Huh?

LiveALive0187.png

Uh, buddy, now isn't a good time to do that...

LiveALive0188.png

I know its hard, just leave it alone for a bit!

LiveALive0189.png

Oh, thats what your talking about! Because, you know, I was thinking of something else entirely.

LiveALive0190.png

Really? Who?

LiveALive0191.png

LiveALive0192.png

Would you make sense now?

LiveALive0193.png

Me?

LiveALive0194.png

Any sexier?

LiveALive0195.png

Eh, guess I must be one of them there Saiyan people. I always knew the tail was odd.

LiveALive0197.png

And I am pretty awesome.

LiveALive0199.png

Then you'll sue me like Devito. Goddammit, I loved that guy!

LiveALive0200.png

Yeah, not all its cracked up to be. You know, besides the television shows, the movie deals, the product placement, the hundreds of woman...You know what, I'm really beginning to see why someone would want to take the title.

LiveALive0201.png

Yeah, I'm looking at you, bitch!

LiveALive0202.png

The official stamp of Super Fly! On sale for only ten thousand dollars! Goes well with any Super Fly paper and envelopes as well!

That finishes the Wrestler path. Now the remaining...

LiveALive0203.png

LiveALive0204.png

LiveALive0205.png

LiveALive0206.png

LiveALive0207.png

LiveALive0208.png

Pick one and give a name suggestion with it! This will continue soon!

Go with the Ninja, and name him Kyzoku.

That's right. A ninja named pirate. I want to see if it makes the world implode.

You didn't give Odie the Frankensteiner? You shame my childhood, good sir.

Also, go ride up Brokeback Mountain next as Buck.