Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yanbetari

Let's Play Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade

38 posts in this topic

Linus0101.png

Bonjour, et bienvenu à Jouons-Nous! Quand j'ai premier considéré...

Eh... Quoi?

Linus0102.png

That's better.

As I was saying, when I first considered doing a Let's Play, I wanted to pick a game that wasn't terribly long or difficult, so I wouldn't be tempted to give up. I wanted something I'd played before, so it wouldn't consist of me just stumbling through. I also wanted something that was obscure enough so that it would be a new experience for the audience. For a while, I figured I'd never find something that met my criteria.

Then I remembered this...

Linus0103.pngLinus0104.png

Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade, an obscure little game about a intergalactic explorer. A latter-day Christopher Columbus if you will, heading out into the unknown, to find new lands (that may or may not have already been found by somebody else).

From the manual:

"Having crash landed on Planet Earth in his last adventure (and almost gettling stranded in the process) Linus has returned to his home planet, Linoleum. Instead of the hero's welcome he expected for discovering a new world in a new Galaxy, he is greeted only with disbelief. He has no proof of his galactic find."

Yes, his home planet is Linoleum.

So, our job is to lead Linus in his quest for evidence of Earth's existence. Let's start, shall we?

Linus0105.png

Ah. The days before memory cards.

Linus0106.png

Rather than bogging things down with plot exposition or backstory, it sends us right into the thick of things. I mean, you read the manual, didn't you? The fellow with the pointed red hair and matching cape is our protagonist. The little arrow floating over his head is our pointer, which introduces us to our interface.

Linus Spacehead's gameplay is broken into two parts. The first, which we're in now, is the Point 'n' Click adventure gaming part. On the top part of the screen, we have our intrepid hero, and the world around him he can interact with. If we move our pointer somewhere...

Linus0107.png

...and press the button...

Linus0108.png

...he'll move there, to the best of his ability.

Linus0109.png

He can also interact with things in the world, which brings us to the lower half of the screen. Here, we can see where we are, our interaction options, what we've got our pointer over, and our inventory. We're currently in Old Lino Town, which looks like this:

OldLinoTownMap.png

At least before we ransack the place for random items.

Speaking of random items, the only thing Linus has to his name is his Birth Certificate, and the cape on his back. Why do we have a Birth Certificate? Because this is an adventure game. We'll eventually have a use for it.

Now, let's see if we can't remedy the inventory situation a bit.

Linus0110.png

> TALK TO COIN

>> It's not listening.

> USE COIN

>> Pick it up first.

> GIVE COIN

>> Pick it up first.

You know, I think the game is trying to tell us something.

> PICK UP COIN

Linus0111.png

And there we have it! Our first action, and we've already increased our financial standing infintely! For reference, anything currently carried is also a valid target for our actions. For example:

Linus0112.png

Riveting. Let's see what else we can interact with...

Linus0113.png

Like this rectangular hole in the wall. The game calls it a Door.

> USE DOOR

Linus0114.png

Hey, what do you know. A new area.

PostOfficeMap.png

(I'll provide maps of the various places we go, though for the Post Office, it's only one screen wide, so there's really not much need for a seperate map.) And I'm sure there's lots more to interact with in here, but that's for later.

> USE DOOR

Linus0115.png

For now, it's question time!

I've gone over the basic tutorial type stuff, so now, I'm leaving how things play out up to you. How should this Let's Play play out?

• You just sit back and watch as I solve all the puzzles, and try to keep witty commentary going throughout (which should be easier to do when not just going over every option to explain things like I have so far).
  • You take control, and I only do what you tell me, leaving you to solve the puzzles, or stumble through the game's various failure responses, without my help.
  • We split the difference, and I leave things up to you, only jumping in to solve the puzzles needed to open new areas and keep things moving along.

If you vote for option 2 or 3 above, there's one other question. Should I point out all the things that can be interacted with in each area, or leave it to you to find what's "clickable". Thankfully, this game doesn't have any "Hunt the Pixel" style puzzles that I can remember, but there's occasionally stuff you might overlook at first.

Linus0116.png

While you ponder on that, I'm going to take this opportunity to show off the other portion of the game...

With apologies to any French speakers in the audience.

Go with whatever's easier, since we might actually end up finishing it.

And we don't really need to see >>GIVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE repeatedly as people are wont to do.

Yeah, I agree with Blaine. Actually finish the game!

* We split the difference, and I leave things up to you, only jumping in to solve the puzzles needed to open new areas and keep things moving along.

Because I am lazy, I prefer sitting back and inserting witty comments here and there.

Chapter 2 - The Happiest Place on Linoleum

Linus0201.png

Oh, boy! Cape Carnival!

Linus0202.png

I'm gonna ride on the rides and play all the games and eat candy and popcorn and hotdogs and more candy until I...

Linus0203.png

Wait... what?

CapeCarnivalMap.png

This is it? A slot machine, and one lousy ride? Where's the terrible food stands? Where's the overpriced novelty gift shops? Where's the mascots that are really just kids who didn't have the education to get a real job so instead they run around and make fools of themselves in public for minimum wage?

...okay, so it's really better off without the last one, but still, this is a pretty lame "carnival". Might as well check out the one ride they do have.

>> Hey bud!

>> You can't go back there without talking to me first!

Okay, fine. Whatever.

> TALK TO ATTENDANT

Linus0204.png

> Ok count me in.

>> Do you have a driving license?

> No.

>> Well you need one to enter but have this baloon as a consolation.

So... there's only one ride, and I need a drivers license to ride it... I can see why Linus wants to get off this planet. And I all I get for my troubles is a Helium Baloon.

> LOOK AT HELIUM BALLOON

>> It's so light I can almost fly away!

Let's see what else is around.

Linus0205.png

Oooh, shiny. These only show up after talking to the attendant, and only hang around for a little while.

> PICK UP FIREWORKS

>> Hot! Hot! Hot!

And the reason you can't take them isn't because they're way up in the air, off in the distance... it's because they're too hot.

> LOOK AT POSTER

>> Wow! An all expenses paid trip to a car factory! That's the trip of a lifetime!

> LOOK AT SIGN

>> It says...

>> Cosmic bumper car races daily

> LOOK AT LUK.E.DAY MACHINE

>> It says...

>> 99.9 percent payout rate'.

* Offer not valid at Cape Carnival, Old Lino Town, or pretty much anywhere. Odds may vary. Luk.E.Day Corporation not liable for any injuries sustained resulting from use of our product. See underside for full rules.

Alright, forget this place. I'm going back to Old Lino Town.

Linus0206.png

The game's pretty nice about letting you get around. Once you've beaten a side-scrolling segment, you don't need to replay it, and instead just get a quick map view of where you are. This helps because for some of these puzzles, you have to backtrack a lot.

Linus0207.png

Now, last time we were here, I skipped over a few things for the sake of brevity, now, let's revisit some of those.

> LOOK AT SIGN

>> Seems like this is the postal building.

This is for those people who didn't, you know, just read the sign directly. Or go inside.

Linus0208.png

Yeah, we'll be using this later.

Linus0209.png

HMM. I WONDER WHAT THIS IS USED FOR...

You know, this screenshot would be a lot more enlightening if Linus didn't first have to walk right in front of something to look at it. I'm mostly doing this to show off what these two kinds of things look like, as they pop up repeatedly throughout the game.

So now you know. Watch as I ignore them again, as they aren't very useful right now. (And for other reasons that shall remain secret for the time being.)

Anyway, there also some stuff in here we need to check out.

Linus0210.png

...ahem.

> USE DOOR

Better. Now, for what lies within the Post Office!

Linus0211.png

Wow. Even the Post Office has souvenirs. Take that, Cape Carnival!

> USE PHOTO BOOTH

>> You need money to operate it.

Ha! They're even a ripoff! Too bad I'm poor.

> LOOK AT VENDING MACHINE

>> It's white and green and says 'SUPAVEND' on it.

> USE VENDING MACHINE

>> You need money to operate it.

Hmm. I'm noticing a theme here. Well, let's give it a shot.

Linus0212.png

"Better use"? "Better use"?! Wasting money is what vending machines are for! What, are you Linomen? Some kind of Communists!?

Wait... no... Communists wouldn't have vending machines. Ah, well. We'll have to find some more money later.

> LOOK AT LOST PROPERTY OFFICE

>> Could be useful.

> LOOK AT ENQUIRIES OFFICE

>> The assistant looks helpful.

Actually, they look just like the guy at Cape Carnival, who seemed neither useful nor helpful, but maybe that's just the way all Linomen look.

> TALK TO LOST PROPERTY OFFICE

Linus0213.png

> Ok give me both.

>> First you have to prove you own them.

> How do I do that?

>> Well you look ridiculous so you can have the Joke Book.

>> I need more proof to give you the Targetting Device.

> Ok. Thanks.

Yes, the game actually says that. Also, we got a Cosmic Joke Book! Let's read it!

Linus0214.png

Moving on.

> TALK TO ENQUIRIES OFFICE

Linus0215.png

> Ok give me both.

>> That's 10 bucks pal.

> I can't afford that.

>> Get outta here buddy dont waste my time!

So much for helpful.

Let's check one last thing, and get away from these jerks.

> LOOK AT MAIL BOX

>> Looks like a mail box.

...yeah, that was worth it.

> USE DOOR

Clearly, we can't accomplish much with out some more liquid capital. We already saw what was to the West. Let's check out the South and the East then.

Linus0216.png

You heard the voice!

Now, people tended to like the options where I pretty much just do things at my own pace, so I will. But what I'll also do is take suggestions from the audience on various things you want me to try, whether it be for solving puzzles, humor, or just random curiousity. I'll also try to present puzzles at least one update in advance of solving them, though that might not always be the case, just due to the nature of some of the solutions.

To that end, here are the maps of the two locations featured in the video.

TheBorderMap.png

We can interact with the Door, the Wall Map, or the Passport Official here.

TheWildernessMap.png

Only one interactable thing here. If you can't guess what it is, you'll have to wait for the next update.

And just for the sake of completeness, here's our current inventory

• Birth Certificate
  • 1 Gold Lino Dollar
  • Helium Balloon
  • Cosmic Joke Book

Join us next time as we face untold horrors. And we'll also probably deal with that monster too.

Edited by Yanbetari

Meh! He can't do that! The command PUNCH is not included in the game!

Perhaps he could try to bribe the passport official with the dollar he has by USING it on him... XD

you clearly need to tell him a joke from the book.

There's nothing cosmic at all about that joke. Maybe the guy who's doomed to sit in a booth all day would find it funny and original.

On another note, this is pretty good so far.

Chapter 3 - We Don't Need No Stinkin Passport!

PUNCH the Passport Official.

then TALK to him.

> PUNCH PASSPORT OFFICIAL

>> I don't know the word "punch".

> HIT PASSPORT OFFICIAL

>> I don't know the word "passport".

> HIT OFFICIAL

>> I don't know the word "official".

Nope. We can't kung fu him, but let's see if we can use our wrestling moves on him!

Linus0301.png

No, but I would.

Alright, we'll try the diplomatic approach.

> TALK TO PASSPORT OFFICIAL

Linus0302.pngLinus0303.pngLinus0304.png

Man. No only does he not let us across the border, he kicks us out and makes us run all the way back to Old Lino Town. Let's give this another shot.

Perhaps he could try to bribe the passport official with the dollar he has by USING it on him... XD

Linus0305.png

I don't think that's quite what we're going for...

Linus0306.png

Bah. Looks like the game is one step ahead of us. We find the one honest official in the universe. Maybe we should sell tickets.

you clearly need to tell him a joke from the book.

Linus0307.png

No...

Linus0308.png

Not quite...

Linus0309.png

There's nothing cosmic at all about that joke. Maybe the guy who's doomed to sit in a booth all day would find it funny and original.

Aparently, even eternity in a booth isn't enough to make that joke funny.

Show him your birth certificate!

See, Mister Official. We've got identification. Can we pass now?

Linus0310.png

Meh. Not even a special response. Just one of the canned failure answers.

You know what? Forget you. You're stuck in that little box! What can you do to stop us?

Linus0311.png

Oh, right. You can keep the doors closed and yell at us.

He's clearly not going to let us past without a passport, but we haven't seen anywhere to get one of those yet. Let's see what the other road gets us. Can't be anything worse than a stubborn government official.

Linus0312.png

See, nowhere near as bad. It's just a one-eyed monster.... Why do I have this strange feeling like I just walked into an Austin Powers bit.

Linus0313.png

Oh, what are you afraid of? What do you think he's going to do, eat you? He doesn't even have a mouth! Maybe he'll blink you to death. Just walk around him, you pansy!

Linus0314.png

Wimp. Okay, try negotiating with him.

> TALK TO SCARY MONSTER

>> He says 'RRRRRRROOOOOAR'!

Alright, smart guy. You don't want to deal with the monster. Well, then, where the hell do you think we should go.

Linus0315.png

Oh, no. No. We are NOT going back there. Never. Are you listening to me?

Linus0316.png

Don't even think about it you little-

Linus0317.png

Goddammit, Linus. Look what you've done. Thrown away your only possesion of any real value. These things are traps. They're meant to sucker in desperate people with the promise of riches that will never be fulfilled. Maybe now you'll learn to be more careful with your-

Linus0318.png

... Don't look at me like that! You got lucky! You could have very easily lost everything. Then where would you be? Huh!? Stupid Adventure Game Logic...

Linus0319.png

And now he's off to Old Lino Town to spend his ill gotten gains.

Linus0320.png

>> Neat snaps man!

Oh, hey. Passport Photos. That's convenient.

Linus0321.png

What the hell? They sell Gunpowder? In Vending Machines? In a Post Office? Does the saying "Asking for trouble" mean anything to you? How about "Going postal"?

I can see it now. Bullet holes and bloody stationary everywhere, and in the middle of it all, one crazed clerk screaming "We sell notepaper and stamps! Period! PERIOD!"

I better get this shopping trip over with before this place ends up on the Old Lino Town Nightly News.

Stay calm, man. I'm just here for the notepaper and stamps. No need to freak out.

Linus0322.png

Wait, what? When the hell did you start being helpful? Well, that solves our Passport problem. Now, how about those stamps?

> Hi there! My name's Linus.

>> Yeah, yeah. What do you want?

> Can you help me?

>> If you want to buy something we sell notepaper and stamps.

>> Period.

Linus0323.png

And now we have A Ready Made Letter too. This guy's a wealth of items. Let's see what else we can get!

Linus0324.png

Ah, well. It was good while it lasted.

As a side note, if you get A Ready Made Letter before picking up the Passport Photos, and talk to the Enquiries Office again, he says the same thing. There's no real indication he's your source of Passport. You just have to stumble across this one by chance.

Either way, we've got a Passport. Let's go see what that jerk from The Border has to say now!

> GIVE PASSPORT TO PASSPORT OFFICIAL

Linus0325.png

> Pretty neat isnt it!

>> Hmmmm.

>> Well everything else seems to be in order.

>> You may enter.

Take that, bureacracy! Now it's time to take in the sights and sounds of the Kingdom of Formica!

And once again, our preview maps.

TheRiverBankMap.png

We can interact with the Icing Sugar, as well as the Bath Tub floating on the water, though it's got a leak.

FormicaCityMap.png

Lots here. A Teleport Machine and a Teleport Key, a Sign, and a Button. There looks to be another Button on the far side, but the blue wall is blocking it.

Also, our inventory, which has grown quite a bit thanks to our shopping trip.

• Birth Certificate
  • 38 Gold Lino Dollars
  • Passport Photos
  • Helium Balloon
  • Gunpowder
  • A Ready Made Letter
  • Cosmic Joke Book
  • Passport

So, what now?

* This brief interlude provided to you by ZORK.

Oh god, formica. I hate formica. Of course after my last job I hate countertops in general.

I say we mess around with the mysterious cake mix boat as much as we can. Wonder if icing can stop a leak like caulking can. Just make sure you wipe it clean with your finger to edge it and make an attractive product for the home owner.

I hate cabinetry and its many fascets.

Since you have no use for it, if the icing fails, use the Joke Book to fix the leak. Fairly sure you could shove it in there.

Should any attempt with messing the tub fail, go to that other place and press the button, and hopefully receive bacon

talk to the bath tub, yes, you do that, the hole in the bath tub is the hole in society, yes, society is rotten isn't it yes you do that

No, this LP is not dead. Just severly wounded by a week of writer's block, random viral (PC) infestations, and a crapton of work on Monday. Things are likely going to get worse before they get better, as well, given I'm going to be out of town for the better part of two weeks. But here's an update to tide you over.

Chapter 4 - Get your kicks, on Route 6

Oh god, formica. I hate formica. Of course after my last job I hate countertops in general.

I say we mess around with the mysterious cake mix boat as much as we can. Wonder if icing can stop a leak like caulking can. Just make sure you wipe it clean with your finger to edge it and make an attractive product for the home owner.

I hate cabinetry and its many faucets.

Linus0401.png

Let's see if it's as good for bottomings.

> PICK UP ICING SUGAR

Linus0402.png

Nope.

Since you have no use for it, if the icing fails, use the Joke Book to fix the leak. Fairly sure you could shove it in there.

No use?! It's an adventure game! Everything has a use! It's just something obscure that takes you forever to think of 9 times out of 10.

Linus0403.png

Said use, however, is not this. Also, the game liked this particular failure message today.

talk to the bath tub, yes, you do that, the hole in the bath tub is the hole in society, yes, society is rotten isn't it yes you do that

Linus0404.png

It appears the flaw that is hampering society is none other than apathy. Clearly, something must be done about this!

...later.

First, there is something that must be done!

Should any attempt with messing the tub fail, go to that other place and press the button, and hopefully receive bacon

Button Pushing! Yay!

Linus0406.png

Well, it's not bacon, but it's the path forward.

Linus0407.pngLinus0408.png

Onward, to what lies beyond Formi- Crud.

Looks like we need something to hold down the button. Just pushing it isn't enough. Any ideas, Linus?

Linus0409.png

...actually, a stick might do the job. Too bad we don't have one of those. How about that sign over there.

Linus0410.png

*snrk*

Okay, I think we're done here for right now. Our next step lies...

Linus0411.png

...elsewhere.

Linus0412.png

And past our green cyclopic friend. Let's see if we can't get past him now. Clearly, we need to make use of one of our many items.

Linus0413.png

Not that one.

Linus0414.png

Okay, let's try our new one. See if that does it.

Linus0415.png

Yes, but this is a silly game.

Linus0416.png

See, we're legally entitled to go through here. What do you mean you don't respect the authority of a government that doesn't let giant hideous monsters participate?

Linus0417.png

That's the idea! A peace offering! Now he'll be our buddy, and happily let us past.

Linus0418.png

...or that works too.

SCIENCE CORNER

You'll note, that while the Helium Balloon managed to lift the Scary Monster up into the air, it did not lift Linus, and in fact, had no appreciable effect on his atmospheric buoyancy.

Now, we know the monster has considerable weight, due to the seismic effects of his jumping up and down. He is also much larger than Linus. So for Linus to be both smaller and heavier than the monster, there is only one possibility.

Linus is incredibly dense.

Linus0419.png

Quiet, you. You've got platforming to do.

If you're back, that means you followed the instructions in the video. Congratulations! Here's what you've won!

NearlyFreezingPoolMap.png

Exciting, isn't it?

Linus0420.png

Linus is clearly yawning from fatigue, not boredom. Clearly.

So, how do we get past such an impassable obstacle?

Linus0421.png

With the power... of Puns!

None of the other things give any more than a default failure response...

So, for those of you who left the window open from above, you can just click play and watch the rest.

If you closed the window, I'll be nice and give you the link again, instead of making you scroll back up half a page.

And now, next update previews.

DodgeyCityMap.png

Dodgey City. It's pretty much a hole. Just another Teleport Key, and a Teleport Machine with a broken door. There's a Waterproof Plug too, but it's locked inside the Machine.

And, our inventory, which hasn't changed much.

• Birth Certificate
  • 38 Gold Lino Dollars
  • Passport Photos
  • Gunpowder
  • A Ready Made Letter
  • Cosmic Joke Book
  • Passport

Edited by Yanbetari

Well the obvious thing here is so obvious I'm not gonna say it. Nope. Not sayin a thing.

Go plug up the tub with the waterproof plug.

If you're having trouble getting at the plug, can you use the other teleport pod to teleport there and grab it?

Those teleport pods will probably teleport him into a room with four more teleport pods. Then he'll have to choose one teleport pod which will teleport him into ANOTHER room with four more teleport pods. Etc. etc. I hate you Sabrina >:(

Those teleport pods will probably teleport him into a room with four more teleport pods. Then he'll have to choose one teleport pod which will teleport him into ANOTHER room with four more teleport pods.

Those pods clearly make him choose a puzzle he's already beaten to beat again before the final battle with Dr. Puzzle.

Edited by Blaine Kodos

I am gonna be unoriginal and say blow up the door of the teleport machine with the gunpowder. He said the door is broken and the plug is inside, remember?

Chapter 5a - A Tale of Two Cities (and a Town)

Now, where were we? Ah, yes. Dodgey City, faced with a puzzle, and a painfully obvious solution. We have a Teleport Macine with a door that won't open. So how do we get inside?

I am gonna be unoriginal and say blow up the door of the teleport machine with the gunpowder. He said the door is broken and the plug is inside, remember?

Random violence! I like it!

Linus0501.png

The writers though, not so much. Looks like we'll have to do this their way...

If you're having trouble getting at the plug, can you use the other teleport pod to teleport there and grab it?

Yep. That.

The teleport system in this game is pretty simple. To use it, you need a Teleport Machine, and a Teleport Key (or Telekey for short). Your Telekey determines your destination, and the Teleport Machine obviously determines your origin. So, because we want to get into the Teleport Machine in Dodgey City...

Linus0502.png

...we need this.

> LOOK DODGEY CITY TELEKEY

>> Cruical key discovery!

Then we need an origin point, and since the one here isn't working (and you can't teleport from the destination machine anyway), we need to head back to Old Lino Town.

Linus0503.png

Hey, our pal from The Wilderness is up there. I wonder what the view is like.

So, we're back to Old Lino Town. So we just hop in here. Give it our key...

Linus0504.png

The door on this one works.

Linus0505.png

... and we're off!

A quick trip across the ether...

Linus0506.png

...and we're here! On the inside this time. Wait...

Linus0507.png

Maybe we should have thought this through a little more.

Okay, don't panic. The door's probably just jammed. If we look around, there's got to be some way to fix it. Let's try over here.

Linus0508.png

Okay, how about over here...

Linus0509.png

Nope. That's not it, either. Maybe...

Linus0510.png

More random violence! Nope. Darn.

Linus0511.png

Stuff it. I can just leave you in there, you now. Might as well grab what we came here for.

Linus0512.png

> LOOK AT WATERPROOF PLUG

>> Could be useful.

Yeah, elsewhere. Too bad it didn't fix anything here. Now what?

Linus0513.png

Wait a minute. How'd you do that without a Telekey?

Linus0514.png

Smartass. Well, thanks to Linus's discovery, we can get the heck out of Dodgey. The Dodgey City Teleport Machine is the only one with the stand-alone use feature that sends you back to Old Lino Town. Try this anywhere else, and you'll get the message that you need a Telekey. Of course, you can still use any other Telekeys you have in the Dodgey City one as well, but if you happened to have forgotten to pick up any others, you still have an out. ***

Linus0515.pngLinus0516.pngLinus0517.png

Though, as demonstrated here, teleportation is not without it's side effects. I was hoping for radiation poisoning, but I guess spontaneous luminescence will have to do.

Interestingly, this means that you don't need the Lino Town Telekey to finish the game, as you can always just port to Dodgey, then *69 out.

Linus0518.png

That said, I'm a completionist gamer.

Now, with plug in hand, we can get past another obstacle, but first, we've got one more Telekey to nab.

Linus0519.pngLinus0520.png

Nothing really important here. Just showing that Linus's little walking light show persists for a while after the port, so it's still going when we're at The Border.

Linus0521.png

And that's three.

Hrm. The Dodgey City Telekey let us get that plug, and the Old Lino Town one made us glow, so I wonder if the Formica City one does anything special. Only one way to find out!

Linus0522.pngLinus0523.pngLinus0524.png

Huh. I don't feel any different, though this Teleport Machine does seem a bit cramped...

Linus0525.png

Oh, that might be why.

Linus0526.png

Okay, cloning. This has potential. I went from one Linus to two. So with exponential expansion, I could have an army of Linuses! (Linii?) Then let's see those monsters stop me. I just need to...

Linus0527.png

Crud. It's only temporary. Guess I'll need to find a more immediate use for this...

And now, I'll be taking a short intermission. This illness and associated fatigue have done bad things to my hand-eye coordination, so the upcoming platforming segments have been a bit... messy, shall we say? I'll give them another go later today, and put up the last few screenshots and a video tonight or tomorrow, even if said video is a mass death montage...

I was actually kind of disappointed when I found the escape from this. I had thought that there was really no escape from the Dodgey City Teleport Machine without a return key, and that they just assumed you'd have picked one up by now, given you start out standing next to one. An obscure way to "lose" in the point'n'click sections. This was why I had been studiously ignoring the Telekeys since day one. So much for that. *****

Oh, and if you haven't caught on. Not all of these screenshots are 100% authentic.

Double post!

Chapter 5b - A Tale of Two Cities (and a Town) - Part 2

Linus0528.png

Okay, let's try this again. Port to Fomica City...

Linus0529.png

Cosmic cloning, yeah, yeah...

Linus0530.png

Now, I need something to hold that button down, so what better thing to use...

Linus0531.png

...than myself!

Linus0532.png

Then, while I'm holding the button down, I can run under the door.

Linus0533.pngLinus0534.png

And bingo! Both buttons pressed. Still no bacon, though. At least now the door is open for good, meaning I can move on, but before I do that, I've got one other thing to take care of.

Linus0535.png

Yes, I hadn't forgotten about this, either.

Well the obvious thing here is so obvious I'm not gonna say it. Nope. Not sayin a thing.

Go plug up the tub with the waterproof plug.

Linus0536.pngLinus0537.png

Works for me.

Linus0538.pngLinus0539.png

And look where we end up, with no platforming required!

And as usual, our new area maps.

CosmicCoastMap.png

This area has nothing. Completely empty except for the Water.

DodgeyRiverBankMap.png

And not much here either. The Bath Tub we arrived in, and that thing on the rock is a Surfboard.

The stuff in our pockets...

• Birth Certificate
  • 38 Gold Lino Dollars
  • Passport Photos
  • Old Lino Town Telekey
  • Dodgey City Telekey
  • Formica City Telekey
  • Gunpowder
  • A Ready Made Letter
  • Cosmic Joke Book
  • Passport

Edited by Yanbetari

Yan, that video has massive audio problems. It seems to only have half the audio it should, so it cuts out halfway to no audio. And I don't think the audio even matches with the first half, it's the audio for the second half.

Oh, and GET SURFBOARD and surf that water like you were born to.

Agreed. Also, why are you still toting around the letter when there's a mailbox in Lino?