Followers 0
Master Kruz

Metal Knight Sol Lancer: Alaskan Wilderness

39 posts in this topic

Alaska, United States of America Expansion Territory, 2039 AD

OOC Thread

Timeline (April 13, 2039 - Onward)

April 13

- A nuclear missile destroys the Missouri base, killing a unknown amount of people and forcing the surviving Militia forces and the Neo Japanese to leave the area.

- Some of the surviving Militia forces retreat to Kansas, where they are reoriented by Militia forces stationed there.

- The commander of the Kansas base decides against risking increased radiation exposure by searching the area around the Missouri base.

- The surviving Missouri troops are rotated to Alaska by order of the supreme council.

May 1

- Frank Mendez, the incognito Cecil Hendrickson, arrives in Alaska and is welcomed, news of Mendez's crime not being broadcast before the Missouri base was destroyed.

May 2

- The remaining Militia forces arrive a day behind Cecil, where they are subjected to a medical exam.

- A massive avalanche buries the Militia Base, killing and injuring dozens.

- A group of raiders attack, catching the Militia unprepared.

Edited by Master Kruz

(CAG: Commander, Air Group)

Location: Militia Alaskan Headquarters, Somewhere in Alaska (duh.)

Characters: Rosalin Pfeifer

Rosalin moved into the room after the medics cleared the survivors as radiation free, the dozen or so faces in the room swung towards her as the plastic covers slid open to admit her. She stopped for a moment before beginning the debriefing. It was appalling how young they were, although she was only slightly below thirty herself.

"Okay, I know you all just want a break after the-" She stopped for a moment to grasp for the right word "-incident, but the council has asked me to get you ready to report on what happened." She stopped at that. Many of them had prior service and had, at one time or another, given a report. The only difference was that they were going in front of the leaders of the Militia. She could feel their pain, though, as the council was still angry about Clarke Roades death at the hands of a nuclear weapon. They were going to question them until they broke into tears if they could.

She asked them, before letting them talk amongst themselves. "Any questions?"

Characters: Yuri Akamatsu.

Yuri frowned slightly, somewhat glad that Greed had just barely managed to get her here. She shuddered slightly, holding her arms, even inside she felt the biting cold from outside. She raised a hand hesitantly, biting her lip lightly as she asked "Ummm, there wouldn't happen to be someplace warm around here would there?" She looked down sheepishly, hoping she didn't just make an idiot of herself with that question. She was no longer dressed in her core, now garbed in her militia uniform, beret resting on her head.

Characters: Alex Tremblay, Ken Macketh

Alex got up, repressing the desire to stretch from his long time sitting down. " I've got one for you. How do they expect us to be able to report on what happened?! I mean, it's a freaking bomb, merde! We didn't expect the damn attack! "

Ken got up and put his hand on Alex's shoulder. " Calm down son. No need to get all fired up. "

" And at least you could let Ken and his caravan out of this. They're civilians, for heck's sake! " Alex continued.

" Please, Alex. Just calm down. " Ken urged. " I know the ordeal is hard, but we are all living with it. Just sit down and wait for what will happen. "

Alex sighed and crossed his arms as he slumped back on his seat. " Yeah, whatever. "

Character: Jin Kanada

Jin wakes up with fright. "Arg!" he says waking up to a headache. His hands quickly shooting to his forehead to attempt to relieve some pain. "Wh-where am I?" Alarmed by this he began to look around to only see wounded people all around him and medics treating them. "a-and what happened to these people?" His left arm jolted to his right arm which began to sting realizing that he was hurt as well "can somebody please explain to me wha--whaa?" Sneezes in the middle of his sentence then quickly shakes it off "what happened here?!..." Paused to think about why he just sneezed and shuddered then goosebumps ran down his spine. "and why is it so cold?"

His questions ignored he begins to assess the situation and begins to check if he has any more wounds. "Just the arm bandaged up and the headache..couple bruises here and there...I should be alright...and I don't remember a thing...I remember walking into the base and..." A pain begins to shoot though his mind as he begins to try to remember what happened then he stops takes a deep breath and continues. He instead begins to look around the room again he begins to realize that he was lucky to get away with a few scrapes and bruises. Then he realizes two men talking on the opposite end of the room and a women at the corner of his eye addressing the people in the room "Okay" She says "I know you all just want a break after the----incident" He continued thinking "Crap something BIG happened. I know I'm not in California anymore...and who is this lady?" She continued saying "Any Questions?" He responded as quickly as he could he raised his voice to attempt to get her attention. But a somewhat louder parched voice came out "Excuse me." Then cleared his throat. "I do. What just happened?"

Edited by Harven

(Uh, she's barking at the Canadian...)

Rosalin would have had trouble sorting through all of the voices before she had joined the Militia, however she was used to it now. She addressed them in order of how fast she could handle the situation.

She looked at the young woman in front of her and said "Right out the door and down the hall is some offices, its warm there." Before turning around to address the interloper. "If you aren't a Missouri survivor, then please sit back down and let the doctors finish their testing. Ask one of them if you have any questions."

Finally she looked at the young man. She felt the constant build up of whiny pilots simply burst. She looked at the young man and barked out "Stand up, soldier!"

Edited by Master Kruz

Alex had a split-second wait until he got up and placed himself at attention, awaiting the soon-to-come yelling that he would suffer.

Ken, on his side, looked at Alex and Rosalin, back and forth, and he couldn't help but feel guilty about it. Alex only wanted to help him...

(Fun fact: The move Rosalin just used is a real part of the US Army combat hand book, used to break the nose of a person in HtH combat. Another thing to note is that the majority of US Army combat uses a open hand instead of a fist, for some very good reasons.)

She looked over the young man before opening the file on this group. He was almost in front, since she had arranged them by Christen name. She looked over one Alexander Tremblay, a draftee private in the Canadian Armed Forces, he had been allowed to pilot during the battle of Des Moines and later. He had also stolen a Militia vehicle twice, of which knowledge was only known because of random radio chatter that the Kansas base had exchanged.

Rosalin "Rose" Pfeifer handed the folder to her aid. She had a lot of stress built up over a lot of matters, and this was one of the few times she was going to let it show. "So, Private Timberlay--" She intentionally mispronounced his last name "--Just because we're not in the same service means you can talk like that to a superior officer?"

She didn't let him respond, instead she folded him thumb into the palm of her hand and used one of the hand to hand attacks they had taught when the Neo Japs had been on the war path, hearing a satisfying crack as her hand connected with his nose.

"Congratulations on making Ensign of the United Peoples Militia, Ensign Alexander Timberlay! Medic!" She made a smart about face and left the room with her aid in tow, quite content and looking forward to when they would be assigning pilots after the briefing was over.

Edited by Master Kruz

Characters: Alex Tremblay and Ken Macketh

Alex fell back on his chair, holding his broken nose without being vocal about it. He had this and his demotation to worry about, now...

All that the others could hear was ' Caliss ' and ' Tabarnak ', two words very much unknown to the majority of the people here.

Ken's eyes narrowed, and he took off after Rosalin, pushing aside the medics that entered the room.

----

Location: Militia Alaskan Headquarters, Outside the Medic Room, Somewhere in Alaska

Characters: Ken Macketh

Ken appeared out of the tent, looking left to right to see the girl, then after he saw her, he walked towards her location, yelling: " Just wait a moment! " with a very unhappy voice.

He was able to be near her after some seconds. " Just because he was angry and talked with a loud tone to you does not justify the fact you broke his nose and demoted him! " He went straight to the point, making sure he was not too near so that she wouldn't do some nifty karate on him. " Don't you see that all the people from Missouri are shaken up by the explosion?! Shouldn't the militia help eachother?! Or does this war have nothing to do with you?! "

Then he narrowed his eyes. " Alex TREMBLAY " he emphasized on the right pronunciation, " Was the one to send help so that my civilian caravan was saved from the aliens. No one else. Maybe you can make any soldier hate him... but us civilians will always help him in time of need. "

Afterwards, Ken turned around, having said what he had to say, then returned to the medical tent.

Characters: Yuri Akamatsu

Yuri gritted her teeth slightly as she watched the event unfold, her eyes darkenning with anger once more as she watched the woman walk off, as she stomped after.

Location: Militia Alaskan Headquarters, Outside Medic Tent, Somewhere in Alaska

She sneered, pushing past the irate ken as he turned to leave, grabbing Rose's shoulder and giving it a jerk to turn her around, swinging her fist forward, mommentarily forgetting the cold as her fist smashed into the middle of the woman's face her eyes narrowing, adrenaline rushing through her veins. She could feel a slight spasm in the back of her head, as if something was moving around "It's people like you that make me lose faith in humanity... Our base was nuked... YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! NUKED! How would you react in that situation? Huh?" She gave the woman a harsh shove before stepping back slightly, one hand coming up to adjust her beret, eyes still locked on Rosalin.

Location: Militia Alaskan Headquarters, Inside the Medical Tent, Somewhere in Alaska

Character: Jin Kanada

Jin was ignored by the commotion around him Jin decided to give in to what his body wanted him to do. Sleep. Sleep off the pain. "Ugh" He thought to himself. "Oh well maybe people will listen to me later..." He began to yawn while ignoring the pain in his body. "Maybe tomorrow somebody can tell...me..." He attempted to finish off his last thoughts but before he knew it he had already drifted off.

Edited by Harven

(We aren't using tents, this is a real base, which is kind of my fault for not saying so. I'll make a map soon... Also, Rosalin is experiencing a Worm attack, in case you were wondering.)

Event

The sudden weather change that caught the Northern Hemisphere by surprise caught many people in a bad situation. For the Militia based in Alaska, it only took one lancer falling to cause the largest avalanche in Alaskan history, burying the base under tons of snow.

Characters: Frank Mendez

Cecil had spent much of his time studying his new found powers. He had discovered that he could do things besides dodge death, although the best he had managed so far was having one of the nurses bring him coffee from the break room while she was there. However he was slowly learning more about this ability of his, and since yesterday knew he wasn't alone.

He had once simply pushed the feeling aside, however it felt as though someone was uncomfortably close, watching him. The feeling was stronger now, and sometimes he had trouble speaking, had sudden pains in the back of his head, and rarely coughed up blood. It may have been the fact that these powers were just now becoming apparent to him, but he felt the need to find whoever this other person was, and was about to when it happened.

He had been shifted to a regular office after giving his report to the council, although he'd had to guess much of what they were asking about, and was caught by the wall itself caving in under a lancer, the snow filling the room after it. Cecil was pinned by a desk and a unmovable pile of snow. Panic set in, and something inside him plead to his survival instincts. His cry was tainted by pain, however he was certain the other one would hear it.

[Help me, for we are the same.]

Location: Hallway outside quarantine, Militia Alaskan Headquarters

Rosalin was caught by surprise by the little runt, and was shaking with anger before she replied.

Her mouth opened but nothing came out. She felt something wet pool down from her nose, and reached her hand up to see blood. She started coughing, blood leaving her mouth as she fell to the floor in a seizure.

Characters: Ken Macketh

Ken turned to see how Yuri would treat Rosalyn after his vocal interruption, then after Yuri told the military superior her way of though, he saw Rosalyn fall down, and some spots of dark red- blood.

" W-what?! " He said, as he rushed towards Rosalyn. He turned on himself as he ran and yelled: " MEDIC! " Then ran towards Rosalyn.

" Hey, hey! Do you hear me?! " He called as he turned Rosalyn to put her back to the ground, putting his hands on her shoulders so to stop her shaking. " Medics will be coming soon, just hold out, okay? "

Edited by Lone Wolf

Yuri blinked, staring off for a momment as she heard the familiar voice in the back of her head. She shook her head slightly looking back to Rosalin, eyes widening as she bit her lip "Oh no... I... I didn't mean for this to happen..." She shook her head once more before rushing back to the Medical office, having no idea what had actually caused the seizure, bursting through the doors and shouting out "HEY PEOPLE! We've got trouble out here!" She bit her lower lip slightly

Rosalin could only think of pain. After the seizures stopped, her entire body felt cold. She turned her head to watch several people gathering around before her entire body heaved, a small puddle of blood spilling out from her mouth.

She lay there, as paramedics finally arrived. They pulled her out of the fetal position and carried her gently to the emergency medical area.

Characters: Lancelot

One of the many people watching the spectacle, a man in heavy personnel armor just a step down from a core, took charge of the situation.

The tone death, electronically filtered by the helmet he wore, more then warranted attention. "Proceed with your allotted tasks. If you wish to know about what happened here, a daily injury roster will be released which you can review while off duty. You will know more about the situation as we find out, return to your duties. I repeat, return to your duties." He waited a moment before going to a nearby bench and sitting down, the tremendous autocannon slung across banging against the wall loudly.

Edited by Master Kruz

Characters: Ken Macketh, Alex Tremblay

Being pushed away by the paramedics, Ken returned towards the quarantine, only to see that Alex had gotten out of the quarantine to see what the hell happened. He had a small apparel on his nose to keep it straight, but it really seemed broken.

" What happened? " asked Alex, his voice distorted because of his broken nose.

" We don't know. She had a seizure after Yuri pushed her, and she spewed out blood. " Ken said. He quickly looked at his hands- there were some spots of blood.

" ... I don't like this story one bit. " Ken finally said, getting inside to find something to wipe his hands.

" ...just what the hell happened? " he wondered.

As he was recuperating from the nose-breaking blow, he heard a weird voice in his head, which was just before Yuri barged in to say there was trouble.

' ...what is happening to us...? ' He thought, worry and confusion written on his face as he leant on a wall, arms crossed. As he recalled the events, he had heard some voices years ago, but he had figured it was his imagination. But now... it was crystal clear: " Help me, for we are the same. "

He closed his eyes, barely hearing the Darth Vader. " ...what duty do we have...? " He wondered. He remained in his position.

Yuri blinked slightly as she stumbled into the quarantine, about to report exactly what Kenneth had, when she saw the heavily armored man, frowning slightly at what he had said "Duties?" She shook her head slightly as she heard Alex's mutterings, making her way to him, giving a small tilt of her head "You heard it too?" She blinked slightly, refering to the voice that she had heard before Rose had gone into seizures 'I'm not the only one hearing this person calling for help?"

" I heard it clearly. " Alex told her. " Help me, for we are the same. "

He stood up. " Either we're all crazy about the same thing, either there's something wrong with us. " He concluded. " Either way, this is nagging me. I was intent on searching around for the source of this call... You're with me? " He asked her, his face straight.

Location: Quarantine, Militia Alaskan Headquarters, Somewhere in Alaska

Character: Kanada, Jin

A bright white light flashed before his eyes. He shielded his eyes from the light with his hands.

"This...what is this?!" He said without realizing what his dream was about. This light dramatically screams toward him with a strange silent to it.

He woke up with a light sweat. "That damned dream." He thought to himself once again while shrugging off this frightful vision.

One of the medics told him that he was screened and pasts the test. He automatically assumed that he was alright and then got out of the makeshift bed. He scurried to the bathroom and changed into the t-shirt and jeans the nurse gave him. He decided to walk around and he ended up outside and noticed the blood on the snow. He knelt next to the blood "Blood? Did I miss something?" But he also failed to notice the woman they were bringing in while he was walking out.

[Help me, for we are the same.]

A chill ran up his spine. "What...who was that?" He said as he looked around to acknowledge where the voice came from. He instead he caught sight of a woman and a man talking. "Excuse me! Excuse me! sir miss." He said to them but he thought about not even asking them about the voice he just heard but he instead decided to ask anyway "Did...you guys happen by chance to hear a voice?" He hesitated "A voice calling out."

(I don't really know the layout of the building but thats the best I could do.)

Character: Alex Tremblay

Location: Just outside quarantine, Militia Alaskan Headquarters

" As a matter of fact, we did. " Alex said after a pause, for him to look at the man. " So we're three hearing it, now? Wowee... " Alex shook his head, and neither Yuri or Jin knew whether it was from discouragement or tiredness.

" Sorry about that. I'm Li-... Ensign Alexandre Tremblay, from the Canadian army. And she is Yuri Akamatsu, one of my friends. " Alex introduced both himself and Yuri to Jin, and waited for him to introduce himself back.

Location: Quarantine, Militia Alaskan Headquarters, Somewhere in Alaska

Character: Kanada, Jin

"Just making sure I'm not hearing things." He looked between Alex and Yuri when Alex introduced both himself and her. To be polite he slightly nodded and bowed at each of them. "Nice to meet both of you." He said clearing his voice. "I'm Kanada, Jin. But call me Jin." He continued to listen for the voice during the conversation but nothing came to him so he continued talking. "Although I don't know where I am or what happened back at the other base..." He hesitated thought about it and decided not to ask. "Never mind." Shaking his head and slightly waving his hand. "Any idea where the voice came from? It sounds rather faint so I think we should hurry." As he looked to Alex or Yuri for a response.

Edited by Harven

{Flashback} The millitia lancer backed two steps back as the defeaning sound washed over the pilot, the sound of a sonic boom was uncommon and spelled trouble. He looked around for the source of the sound but failed to see it, he thrundled back in the lancer to return to base but an unknown lancer landed in the snow before him. causing him to step back in alarm before the lancer slipped on a ledge and fell over backwards causing the snow to start cascading down the mountain. The unknown lancer grabbed his arm and pulled him up leaving him hanging in mind air by his arm as the unknown lancers cockpit opens and a lancer core ejects from it and starts making its way down the mountain towards the base camp...

{Currently} The snow exploded in a brilliant flash of light that cecils unseeing eyes did not register, but his body felt the shockwave enough to surge with adrenaline. he regained concience just long enough to see a golden metal hand close around his collar as he was yanked out of the building and into the sunlight..

"Che, here i did all this effort and its just you. Thats not even a funny joke."

Yuri closed her eyes for a moment, giving a slight shake of her head, the voice having vanished "No idea..." She bit her lower lip slightly, looking around for a moment before glancing to Alex, hoping he would be of more help to the search than she was, looking down slightly as she tried still to figure out the situation ~Why did that voice sound so familiar?~

Characters: Nickolas Romanoff, Russell Reed

Nickolas Romanoff looked at his, for lack of better words, his army. For the last thirty miles, they had followed the flying machine, however it had dipped below the mountain line a few minutes ago, word from their scouts left Romanoff and one of the many American's in their group, Reed, to talk.

He spoke first, saying "Будет нашим самым лучшим выбором, камрадом тростник?*" to which Reed's reply was simple. "оботрите их вне, мой генералитет.**"

Rough translation:

*-What is our best choice, Comrade Reed?

**-Wipe them out, my General.

Characters: Nickolas Romanoff, Russell Reed

Time: Twenty minutes later

Dozens of armed vehicles made the short trek, and finally they were in position. Romanoff was left at the front of the attack with one of their few lancers. He looked around for a moment, wondering truly how large this base for a few seconds before he gave the command.

"Обязанность!"

(Put it to a vote! RP battle or SC?)

Location: Third Perimeter Defense Line, Militia Alaskan Headquarters

Characters: Nickolas Romanoff

They were nearly on the base when Reed picked it up. It was easily the loudest he had ever spoken in the entire time Nickolas had known him. "Радиация! Это место ядерно, генералитет камрада!"

With those words, Nickolas wisely fell back as the others charged forward, activating his own Geiger Counter. The trench up ahead did indeed reek of radiation, much more then simple emissions. It could be anything from from a leaked reactor to, god forgive, a exposed missile, maybe even a recent explosion. Nickolas, while brave, knew what happens to anyone foolish enough to go near radiation. He slowed to a walk as more of his men passed him by. He almost called for a retreat, however the radiation was thinning out as they neared the trench. Whatever it was, it was localized to one area.

After contemplating what to do for a few moments, he pulled back into a jog, the lancers massive feet pounding into the snow as he accelerated back to the front.

After the avalanche, most of the alarms were tripped, then causally ignored in favor to the old standby of sentry duty. They barely had enough time to raise the alarm before the raiders fell upon the wounded base.

"Emergency alert! Enemy forces are attacking the base, this is not a drill! All personnel, to your battlestations! I repeat, rnemy forces are attacking the base, this is not a drill! All personnel, to your battlestations!"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0