Saito Ryujin

Grand Tournament Campaign

144 posts in this topic

Grand Tournament Island

Locations

GT City - Located at the center. It is a large metropolis built in the city holding the main headquaters of the Misaro Corporation, creators of the Grand Tournament.

Battlefields - The Island has massive battle fields located across it. Ground, Waters, Mountains, almost all possible terrain types can be modified in these places. Some can even simulate space.

Docks - Docking for Transports of all kinds, ships and space ships alike. Located just outside of GT City.

Introduction

Below a spotlight a familiar fellow wearing a red suit and a single eye patch sits. He opens his eyes and says “So you thought it was over, with the Gundam Fight completed and the Devil Gundam defeated there would be no more tales of excitement, and adventures with a whole lot of giant robot cobmat!” He stands up and says “but you know, humans cant accept this. Some say we are a species of warlike individuals that can do nothing but fight, who can blame them right?”

The lights suddenly turn on revealing a large arena packed with people cheering loudly with Stalker at the center “but who cares about that!? Right here, right now! New stories are being told of heroism and friendship! Here's at THE GRAND TOURNAMENT!!” He dynamically removes his jacket and eye patch and says “SORE DE WA! GT FAITO! REAAAAADYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Characters: Damian Misaro

Locationp: Central Building

In the center of the city the tall spire of Misaro Corporations main headquarters can overlook the entire island. At very top off, Damian Misaro, the elderly leader of the corporation overlooks the island. He's dressed in a business suit and smoking fine cigar as he gets briefed on the situation at hand.

“Only a few instances of the Backdraft Group appearing this month during battles sir. The damage to the teams are minimal. It seems right now they are only a nuisance” says an aid, explaining the situation.

The old man says “Very good, what about my special guests? Have you made sure they are confortable?”

The assistant pauses for a moment then says “Yes sir, we've set then up nicely in the city.”

“Very good” he looks down at the Island “with the Preliminaries almost completed, things are about to get a lot more interesting around here” the old man laughs, bellowing smoke from this mouth.

Characters: Ryuuken “Ryu” Ikade

In the departures room, a tall young man with brillian red hair and strange clothes says goodbye to a group of people “Come on guys, I'll be back. We're in the Semifinals already so I thought I could use this time to train!” He flexes his right arm as he holds his fist up into the air “When I get back! Shinning Dragon will take prize! Now who's with me! Victory!” He changes his closed fist to make the V sign.

Characters: Nadeshiko Yamato

A young woman dressed like a maid with black hair is standing there, being eyed appreciatively due to her large cleavage. "It makes sense. I'm going to work on the final touches to Liger's OS and take it out on a training run myself tomorrow."

Character: Ashura Blaze

As the Shining Dragon team gathered, another shuttle pulled in, large enough to hold perhaps a large mech. As the crews began unloading the machine, a figured walked out in a flight suit. Removing his helmet, his short, spikey red hair began blowing in the breeze.

"It's so good to be back on Earth..." Ashura mused. After the time fighting (barely) the Earth Alliance and ZAFT, then being stuck on Moon Cradle, he had found his calling with this tournament. Though Thomas Edwards was shocked that Ash was leaving, he understood and let him go after he got back his unit...

"Holy crap, is that Great Mazinger?"

"No way!"

"How did he...?"

"This looks like one of those mass produced types that was used in the first war!"

"Heheheh, happens all the time..." Ashura mused. "...despite it being the first time..." He turned his head over to see the group gathered. "Hmm... I wonder what that's all about..."

Character: ???

Behind Ashura a man with similar spiky red hair, dressed in a black under suit with with a white mantau and white boots leans against the wall and looks up from the scene being caused by Nadeshiko's cleavage to look over at the mass production Mazinger. He then turns his eyes towards Ashura with a look that clearly tells Ashura the man is sizing him up. He doesn't say anything directly to Ashura but turns his eyes back to the group around Nadeshiko.

"Your robot does look strong. Fight with me."

Edited by Mai Kobayashi

Characters: Ryu, Nachiroso

Without a sound and from seemingly nowhere pops out a short, balding, fat man wearing a half buttoned silk shirt, multiple rings and dangling gold chains. “It's a pity to see you go kid, you could have made some serious cash with the exhibition bouts I had planed for your team!” He pretends to cry “it's so sad to see such potential leave.”

“Dont worry Nachi, I'm sure you'll find someone new to pass the time with” says Ryu as he pulls away from the group. He waves over as he vanishes into the departure terminal.

The man called simply Nachiroso, stands next to Nadeshiko “So with your star gone, are you guy going to be taking it easy? I have a few potential money making ideas” he says, while not removing his eyes from Nadeshiko's bust.

Characters: Harken Wilder

Harken frowned slightly as he approached Nadeshiko and Nachiroso, dressed in a blue sleeveless shirt and black vest, with a pair of black pants and leather boots, his hands encassed in fingerless gloves and a fedora resting on his head, his short black hair hanging out from under it, and his eyes hidden behind a pair of dark sunglasses. He shifted the weight of the bag slung over his left shoulder as he cleared his throat, tapping the balding man on the shoulder "Y'know, that isn't exactly the best was to treat a woman..."

Characters: Ashura Blaze

Ashura turned his head over to the newcomer, blinking once as he saw him looking him over, then asking him to fight.

"It's not the robot that's strong, it's the pilot as well." Ashura said. He smirked a bit. "But, since you asked, I accept!"

Characters: Ashura Blaze, ???

<???> "Just the way i want it, I won't fight a weak opponent"

<Ashura_Blaze> "Well, there's no way I'll disappoint you, then!"

<???> "Pick Your battlefield. "

<Ashura_Blaze> "How about just a plain old field. Nothing but us two...

"I'm afraid I'm goign to be busy training tomorrow - I'm doing some improvements to the Liger I'd like to test out and some training would be good." Nadeshiko replies calmly. "I'm sorry to disappoint you." She begins to walk away.

"Good luck in your job." She bows to them.

Characters: Nachi, Ashura, ???, Harken, Nadeshiko

Nachiroso says “No matter, I'm not kinky enough to go for the maid stuff. And you mister hat, stay out of my way” then he overhears Ashura and the other strange young man and says “I smell money!”

Ashura blinks and looks over “Eh?”

Harken says” ... Peh... And I smell yo-... Wait, whats this about money now?”

The strange man vanishes as fast as he arrived and stands next to Ashura. He looks up and says "Did someone say fight?"

“YIKES! I... I, er... y-yeah!”

Harken scratches behind his head slightly, giving an odd look from behind his glasses "How the hell does he do that?"

He looks up at Ashura "You, some no name up and comming noob in?" He snaps his fingers trying to rush Ashura to answer.

“Yes, yes, I did! Well, he did!” says Ashura as he points to the mysterious red headed guy.

"Pilot boy, what do you pilot?" he asks.

"First of all, the name's Ashura! Second, I pilot THAT!" Ashura turns and points towards the MP Great Mazinger, standing proudly, battle scars across its body from earlier fights

The strange red haired young man says "Don't interfere with our fight."

"Hmm, a Mazinger, YES! It's rare" he says out loud "Dont worry, I wouldn't want to do such a thing. I am Nachiroso!" He poses as he takes out a PDA "Great Mazinger, even its MP form, this is good, probably even make it a B Rank if its customized." He seems to vanish into his own world as he types out.

"And you!" he points at the red haired young man wearing the white boots "I already have stats on you, I can setup this fight for today in..." he checks his PTA "Field 12, Desert."

The mysterious redhead crosses his arm and raises his eyebrow. "Your helping us? What do you want in return?"

"Yeah, there's something you want, hm?" Ashura asked.

Harken smirked slightly, watching the proceedings before glancing to Nadeshiko "Ten to one says he eats the winner." He chuckled, pushing up his sunglasses briefly

"Nothing, this is my job. I help fighters fight" he says proudly "Plus I get a cut from all the betting wins, endorsements, etc etc."

The mysterious young man says “That is fine, i don't care about money."

Ashura cocks an eyebrow at what he heard, but says nothing about it. If he's here to help out, then that's fine with him. "Alright, go for it!"

"It's too bad, you can do a lot with money" says Nachi, hunched over his PDA as he makes preparations.

"Then its settled! Have your machines in Field 12 tday at 3 in the afternoon" he says.

The mystery man looks over to Ashura. "I'll be waiting."

Ashura nods in agreement. "Don't worry, I'll be there."

With that the red head nods and walks off.

Nadeshiko shrugs, as she returns from arranging to use a training area with moving targets. "He needs to make money somehow."

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Battle One - Ashura Blaze vs. ??????

Introduction

Again sitting in his chair in what appears to be a darkened room a man wearing an eye patch in a red suit speaks "Now we get to see the results unfold. Already arriving this morning, Ashura Blaze, was challenged by a mysterious young fighter."

"Without hesitation he chose the path of combat, his blood no doubt burning with excitement at the prospect of battle!" He dramatically removes his jacket and eyepatch "VERY WELL! STAND UP BLACK CASTLE IN THE SKY AND FACE YOUR OPPONENT! SORE DE WA GT FAITO! REAAAAADY GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Edited by Gyrus Mackings

Field 12 on the island, simulating a desolate desernt landscape, there is only sand as far as the eyes can see. The sun beats down, appearing to cook the surface of the sand. From high above the sky a capsule crashes into the center of the field.

Revealed from inside the capsule is the robotic judge that oversees battles "Grand Tournament Battle, Number 3252. Are the opponents on the field?"

A red mecha with golden colored claws for feet and long silver hair stands in the desert arena, its hair blows in the wind as sand blows past its feet, the sun is still high in the sky and lightingup the terrain.

Arriving on the field is the MP Great Mazinger, a cloak surrounding the machine and covering the cockpit enough to shade it. As it faces its opponent, he removes the cloak, letting it float out with the wind.

"Your here, now, before we fight. Tell me your name"

"The name's Ashura. Ashura Blaze. And you are...?"

"You..." the machine looks towards the Mazinger "your a Shura?"

The Mazinger seemingly performs a facefault at what he just said. "N-No! Ashura! Just call me Ash for short!"

"I see.. My name is Folka, Folka Albark. Remember it, the name of the man who will defeat you."

The judge says "Are both fighters ready?"

Ashura nods. "Ready!"

"Always"

"Battle Commence" says the judge.

"Gotta keep him off his feet!" Ashura said, dashing back to get some distance, then thrusting his right arm out. "ATOMIC PUNCH!" The forearm spins and fires out towards the mysterious machine.

The red mecha unfolds its arms and grabs the fist of the great mazingers atomic punch, its claw like feet gripping in the sand as its punched back by the force of the fist. the claws drawing deep grooves into the sand before it gains its footing and stops the atomic punch cold and tosses the fist back to ashura. "Your robot is strong, much stronger then i expected."

"Heh, you're not bad yourself..." Ashura said, catching the fist and quickly reattaching it. "But, it's gonna take a lot more than that to stop me. GREAT TYPHOON!" From Great's faceplate, the powerful fans kick in as he aims at the ground below, creating a sandstorm of sorts around them. "...let's see if this gives me some breathing room..."

The red mecha dashes forwards right into the sandstorm and disappears from vieuw...

"...stupid, stupid, stupid...!" Ashura said as he braced Great for anything.

The red mecha seems to have disapeared entirly as the sand storm clears but is infact standing back to back with the great mazinger. "Before my Kishinken such tricks have no meaning. Fight me seriously."

Wha...?" Ashura says, shocked. As he turns, he goes for a roundhouse kick, a large spike exiting from the knee. "Take this! KNEE IMPULSE KICK!"

Jaldabaoth counters the kick with its own, both mecha have their legs extended mid kick crossing at their ankles. "Then.. Cross Counter Kick"

Ashura smirked. "Well, then... SCRAMBLE DASH! BACK SPIN KICK!" As if on cue, the MP Great's wings spread out and boosted him up to deliver another kick. "This Great Mazinger has wings, too!"

Jaldabaoth Crosses its arms to catch the kick but is forced down onto its knee from the mazingers sheer power. They struggle for power for a moment before jaldabaoth recovers and throws a rapid flurry of kicks towards the mazinger, it almost seems to have more then 2 legs.

Caught off guard, he lets the flurry of kicks strike onto Great's body, the Chogokin Nu-Z absorbing as much of the blows as possible before he staggers back. "Enough! NAVAL MISSILE!" From Great's stomach, a missile is launched at Jaldaboath, not caring if it strikes or not.

"Its no use." Jaldabaoth raises its arm and holds the other straight down, it rapidly spins its arms to complete a circle blue fire igniting on its fist. "Kishin Sojuugeki!" It punches its fists forward twice in rapid motion causing two blue dragons of energy to bite into the naval missile and make it explode in mid air. Jaldabaoth crosses its arms infront of itself for cover but still skids back from the blast.

The explosion from the two blasts is enough to cause the MP Great to skid back itself from the force. "Woah! Too close!"

"Whats wrong, that last attack did not feel like your heart was really in it."

"Needed some distance... for THIS! BREAST BUUUUUUUUURN!" From the MP Great's V-shaped chest plate/heat sink, energy starts to gather in it, then fire out in a V-shaped pattern, streaking towards Jaldabaoth. The heat from the blast is enough to turn the sand into glass easily

Jaldabaoth jumps backwards in time to dodge the remainder of the blast, but sinks intosome unstable sand as its land, the heat from the Breast burn actually soldifying the sand around jaldabaoth feet. It tries to rip free but it seems to be stuck.

"Che, You have that kind weapon, i got careless."

"And that carelessness'll cost ya! MAZINGER BLADE!" From the MP Great's right leg, a sword ejects out and the machine catches it, then throws it, rushing out to catch it as it would hit its opponenet

The sword hit strikes true, with enough force to knock jaldabaoth loose and send it flying back through the sand knocking up a spray of sand. "Ugh..." Its a testament to the machine that even after that blow it still manages to lift itself onto its knee.

"Your really good, I can't hold back anything."

"Heh... thank you. But, it seems that even you are holding back."

<MaiKobayashi> It stands up and throws its head back "Thats right, I have already seen through all your attacks. Your really Strong, but before my Kishinken, you cannot Win. My soul fights together with this Jaldabaoth! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" It thrusts its arms back and starts to glow, its entire body covered in blue flames. Its hair rising asif a strong wind is blowing and a stone close to it shatters from its fighting aura.

It dashes forward and its aura alone pushes the mazinger back before a fierce blow knocks even the heavy super robot flying. Jaldabaoth leaps after it and pulls in its leg. The energy of its aura focusing in its leg as it winds up for the kick.

"KISHIN! HOUGEKI! KEN!"

"This might be it... GYAAAH!" The MP Great curls up, trying to block the mighty blow before it can strike true

Were it any other robot it would have been kicked cleanly in half but the Mazingers chougokin armor takes most of the ferocious kicks power, however even it did not come of unscathed, it earned another battlescar were the kick struck its arms and was deflected at the mazingers shoulder.

Even still intact, the blow was enough to send the Mazinger flying, crashing to the ground and skidding across the sand to a stop, half buried. "Gehh... c-come on, Great! Stand up!" The machine struggles to stand, trying to shake off it's "cobwebs"

"What a machine..."

"It's not over yet..." The Great finally gets its bearings straight and it starts to stand. "I can't lose now...!" As it stands up, the machine looks to the sky, the perfectly clear day suddenly turning dark and dreary, as if a storm was coming...

"Give it up. You'll just damage your machine further if you continue to fight."

"As long as Great Mazinger has the power to keep fighting, *I'll* keep fighting!" Great raises its right index finger as lightning strikes around the machine. One bolt strikes the finger, the electricity flowing through the machine, held back through the jaw bolts. "THUNDER BREAAAAAAAAK!" Thrusting its finger at its opponent, the bolt of lightning's redirected at him, enough punch to take out almost anything

jaldbaoth stamps its foot on the ground causing the glass to crack and ripping a huge chunk of it from the ground tossing it up in the air into the path of the lightning causing the bolt to break and scatter around it seeking the shortest way to the ground the eletricity harmlessly hits the ground around jaldbaoth.

"No way...!" Ashura shakes his head. "He's good... real good..."

"This match is already over. Go repair your machine before the semi finals. We'll settle this fight, in the final round"

"Fine, then... We'll do that... and I WILL win!"

"I don't intend to lose either"

The Great stands down, Ashura letting out a sigh. 'Hate to say it... but that guy is good. I'm gonna need help to beat him... if I can make it...'

Characters: ???

Sometime after the fight between the mysterious man and Ashura Blaze, a blue unit with long red hairs appears in their battlefield. Observing the field of battle, the pilot of the machine looks around and says “So you did come, I know this would be too attractive an idea for your shura blood, Folka.” The man laughs as he walks off into the sunset.

Late in the afternoon, GT City starts to light up and the city night life begins. The streets are full of people, tournament fighters, workers, from all over the world.

At the Shadow Fang team headquarters, they receive a message.

Semifinal Qualifying Bout

Tommorow, 9 AM, your team is to fight the Gallant Generals on Field 12. Standard Fight Rules.

with a victory in this battle, the Shadow Fang teams will qualify for combat in the Grand Tournament semi finals. Like the The Gallant Generals are a C Rank two person team. Both pilots are former military members and pilot modified Jegan units altered for Grand Tournament combat.

Locations: Board.

Nadeshiko puts a notice up saying she's up for exebitions or temporary match duty until the semifinals. As she does she, she ponders the gun accuracy. She looks at Sakura, as she walks off, and smiles.

"Ready, Sakura?"

The organoid roars in agreement as it walks off with her.

Harken frowned slightly as his maintenance on the Shadow Fox's OS was interupted by the message "Whats this now?" He shifted slightly in the zoid's cockpit, adjusting his sunglasses slightly, a slight grin quickly overtaking his features "Well, now, a fight already? Hehe... Looks like we'll get to taste battle sooner than expected partner..." He chuckled to the giant fox before swinging over the edge of the cockpit, sliding down a cable to the hangar floor before shouting out "YO! We've got a fight in the morning!"

Edited by Yuu Inohara

Characters: Mouko

Mouko glances up, the somewhat wild-looking woman grinning a fanged smile before calling out.

"So, it's almost time. Are you as excited as I am?"

She looks to her organoid, grinning eagerly.

"Tomorrow, we show our claws. I can't wait."

After the match, Ashura began working on his Great Mazinger, trying to improve it anyway he can. As he does, he notices the massive scar on Great's arm from where Folka's attack got him.

"I need help. Lots of help." Ashura said. "Just using the attacks Great already has isn't gonna cut it. But, what can I do? What can I use?" He hopped away from Great and walked on, lost in thought. "I have to do something. I have to win!" He's barely missing people as he wanders on.

Harken chuckled slightly, walking up to Mouko and ruffling her hair "Yeah, we'll give em a sending off they'll remember!" He pushed up his hat slightly "And afterward, we'll hit whatever bars this place has for a well deserved victory celebration!"

Character: Retsu Tendou.

Covered grease and grime, Tendou sits on the arm of his Gundam, fiddling with some wires that were inside a patch on the shoulder for a moment before stepping back and muttering, "Right.. Thats the fine finger control done... Now... I really hope this works.."

He jumps into the cockpit and starts playing with some controls and, as he had hoped, the fingers all worked perfectly.

He quickly clambers out of the cockpit and yells, "Yes! I did it!" He jumps into the Gundams hand, and to the ground from there and starts talking to the nearest person he can see in an extremely excited manner, "I fixed it, in just 3 days! It's left arm was missing completely, it's right arm was completely crushed, the engines for the legs were burnt out completely AND there was... um... a spear through .. the cockpit" his voice trails off a little bit and he realises what he's doing, "Nice hair! Sorry to disturb you."

And with that, he turns and looks at his 105 Dagger with pride as his stomach lets out an enormous growl. "Oops! Food! I knew I was forgetting something!"

Edited by Daz

Character: Victor Lancaster

Victor Lancaster -- Division D, Contestant #12 -- a single entrant attempting to claw his way into the semifinals. A reasonably tall man with messy black hair and tinted aviator's sunglasses, he stood with his back to the bulletin board, attempting to make a call on his cellular phone.

"CALLING," read the screen of the device, before it flickered, and amended the statement with "YAMATO NADESHIKO".

He started back towards the exit, one hand in his pocket, the other pressing the phone to his ear. "Come on -- pick up," he grumbled quietly, hoping to get in some practice of his own, before his semifinal qualifier.

Edited by Mel

As Ashura wanders on, he finds himself stopped by a very excitable person, who begins rattling off about his the MS he fixed. He quickly recovered and shook his head as Retsu calmed down.

"Woah, woah, it's alright, really!" Ashura said, laughing. "So, you fixed this all by yourself, hm? Interesting." As he heard Retsu's stomach growled, his did as well. "...need food." He turned to the guy and grinned. "Say, I'd like to ask about something. Maybe we can do this over lunch, hm?"

Character: Retsu Tendou.

"Sure! Know if they have Katsu Chicken anywhere?", Tendou asks while trying to get some grease off of his face and hands with a pumice rock and towel. Finally, he takes off his shirt and replaces it with a cleaner one.

"Right! Food, Here I come!", he starts walking, but quickly stops, turning to Ashura, "Wait. Where did you want to go?"

Characters: Yamato Nadeshiko

Nadeshiko picks up her phone after a bit, having been eating dinner and performing some more data analysis for the team.

"Hello, this is Yamato Nadeshiko. How may I help you?" She puts down the analysis that she was doing for Ryu and waits for a reply.

"It doesn't matter. Anywhere with food in it!" Ashura said. "Anywho, I was wondering... I'm stuck in this competition by myself, and, well... I'm gonna need help. Lots of it. I'm just curious, would you mind partnering up? My strength, your skills, we'd probably make an awesome team!"