Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Knightfall

Armored Core 3 Silent line

12 posts in this topic

Armored Core 3 Silent line was the first armored core game I played. What wer some of your favorite ac designs I'll pos t a few of mine after I take a look at my files again.

Blood Angel

CHD-09-0XI

MCL-SS/ORCA

CAL-33-ROD

MLR-MX/LEAF

VREX-ND-2

CGP-ROZ

RMR-ICICLE

CWEM-RT16

MWX-VM40/1

" "

CWG-MG-300

MLB-HALBERD

op'S

OP-E/CND

OP-ECMP

OP-L-AXL

OP-E-LAP

OP-SP/E++

OP-CLP

This was a fav of mine to play in versus mode. The vertical missile launcher with the ground missile extensions is effective.

Edited by Knightfall

Now, about this, there are only a handful of people on the board that even understands what that meant right there. Armored Core doesn't have a very big following in the SC. :o

If you want to compare AC's, you might ask Harven or Avitar. I know at least they play a bit.

thanks Kruz I didn't know, thought more people might have been fans here. Just wondered what others favorite builds were.

No problem. I've only ever played the first one on the playstation, and do like the series. I am helping Harven out with another AC, and speaking of which, we really need to get back to work on that, Harv.

Hmmm, quite surprising that the following here isn't stronger, especially seeing as how its one of the best game series available outside of Japan when it comes to giant robots. Of course, that isn't saying much, unfortunately.

I only rented two and three in the series, but never the expansion for three, so I cannot share much more than my memories of the original AC3 here. Specifically, I remember spending much of my time as a tank so I could get access to the delicious shoulder mounted weapons (the chaingun and the laser cannon, should memory serve) while still moving. The heavy armor was also pretty nice. My favorite design though, in terms of handling and play style, was a hover-legged machine gunner. I first discovered the premise for the design on one of the water-heavy missions, and never went back to using normal legs again due to my love for the high ground speeds I could reach. I always sucked at aerial combat though, so that was probably part of the reason hover legs appealed to me so much.

Really though, the series got much better in my mind with four, due to the boost function they added making evasion much more manageable, even against weapons with high projectile speeds like laser rifles. The extra mobility really helped light and mid weight ACs become more viable option. Too bad they took my beloved hover legs out T_T

I'm a hover fan myself, especially blades on hover AC's. Blood angel is a hover too.The first time I played my friends copy my first AC had samurai arms (blade on each) on a hover. He laughed I guess because most ppl didn't do that because the couldn't be acurrate but I won lol. katanna + high speed mobility is good..point proven in kenshin after all

I was never so good at blading, myself. Especially with those arms because the swing (if memory serves) was just plain wacky and the shockwaves didn't have tracking. Of course, I occasionally used a regular blade as a backup when ammo ran out, but I mainly relied on my machine gun to deal damage and the hover legs to keep me at just the right distance where my bullets were still accurate and no one could stab me in the face. The AI was sometimes a real pain in the arena battles, however, because I couldn't keep a bead on it when it was zipping back and forth over my head.

Then again, I always thought the AI was just plain cheap, so maybe I was never really that good at the game in the first place...

Edited by Lumley

The thing about the AC series is that is has been going downhill. I haven't kept up by playing the new games so I have a major bias and find AC fun as hell no matter what version. XD Too bad I barely remember anything from my PS2 games. I remember playing the 2nd AC game (Armored Core: Project Phantasma) and thats the best my memory goes... Too bad that I sucked when I played AC. If I ever find my AC games I'll post my favorite units.

From what I hear the AI is far better then how it use to be. The customization of your unit is even more crazy then ever. The thing I'm disappointed about is that spider legs don't glide anymore (even though that was broken it was still pretty nuts). I have a PS3 so I should get AC4.

I enjoyed the system used in AC 4 much more than those used in the previous AC games due to the fact you can now do quick boosts to either side with the thumbstick. This makes dodging even fast moving attacks (like rifle shots) possible if your timing is good. It is also much, much easier to make a machine that can stay in the air indefinitely now. Some people really dislike AC4 due to how different it plays than the rest of the series, though, so your mileage may vary. Still, I do recommend you at least rent it and see what you think.

What exactly do you mean by glide for the quad legs, by the way? It was probably before my time in the series, but I am curious.

Meh I'll just buy it. I ain't bothering to return that if I get it. I'll play till my CD melts anyway. But it sounds like the interface is becoming more user friendly. It also sounds like they're still doing really horrible on the missions/storyline as well and thats why a lot of game reviewers give it a low rating. I think though instead of a controller they should have like a joystick or something like Virtual on (an robot arcade game if you never knew).

Do you know how the hover legs work on water? Its the exact same principal except it can be done on land. Think of it as like a Tachikoma from GIAS (Ghost in a Shell) besides the sticking to the walls part just not as fast and not as smooth. I believe they had it around the time of AC3...but I don't remember much. I'm currently in the process of dev'ing a spider legged unit but I need more information. I already made one unit... *sigh* But I might be forced to buy the game anyway.

Edited by Harven

I did play virtual-on once at an arcade, actually. The person I played against actually knew what they were doing though, so I got fed up of dying and stopped giving the machine my money. Still, I do think it would be nifty if more games included custom controllers. The only one I know of that did it I never got around to buying because it cost 200 dollars... though I actually regret not forking over the cash now.

The storyline has kind of sucked in every AC game I have played. Of course, I'm not playing a game about customizable giant robots for the story, so it never bothered me much. Quad legs do skid along the ground like you mentioned while you boost on the ground in AC4. In fact, they have the highest ground speed out of any leg type in the game while boosting. They're just kinda bleh in the air is all.

Edited by Lumley