Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yuu Inohara

MS Saga Challenge Diary

3 posts in this topic

Alright, heres the deal, I'm going to take on this challenge and record my progress here... There won't be anything overly fancy like screenshots or anything, since I lack a computer powerful enough to handle PS2 emulation, I don't think I do anyway. I'll be writing down my progress, unit set-ups and all that here, now-

The Challenge:

No buying weapons/items/parts/data from shops, the only exception being from mini g-systems. In other words, I gotta make do with what I find from encounters and chests and of course events.

I'll post the first progress log when I get the chance, so until then, feel free to comment and tell me how insane I am.

Have fun spending 500 hours to beat the game. A lot of the really good equipment DOES come from drops, but the drop rates are retarded.

Edited by Kaiterra

Have fun spending 500 hours to beat the game. A lot of the really good equipment DOES come from drops, but the drop rates are retarded.

Indeed

Challenge start- Log 1

Yeah, the starts always the most boring and obvious, not much to record here, just pounded the snot out of the Zaku I with punches to the face. Sad thing is, this thing still sucks more than the GM even though it has five upgrades on it, andyway, got the repair kits and regeneration kit from the chests.

Current party stats-

Tristan

Lv1

TP: 8/8

Melee: 5

Ranged: 3

Reflexes: 4

Skill: 2

Mind: 4

Techniques-

Boosts-

Mobile Suit: GM

HP: 120/120 EN: 2

MEL: 31 AMR: 32

RNG: 27 SPD: 30

Equip-

[1][1][0][0]

[1][1][0][0]

[0][0][0][0]

[0][0][0][0]

1: Iron Axe- 41 Attack, 1 EN

*: Head Vulcan- 28 Attack, 1 EN

Mod Level: 0

[][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][]

Parts-

R-SLD: GM Armor R

L-SLD: GM Armor L

R-ARM: GM Arm R

L-ARM: GM Arm L

Legs: GM Legs

Fritz-

Lv1

TP: 22/22

Melee: 5

Ranged: 3

Reflexes: 4

Skill: 2

Mind: 4

Techniques-

Repair- 2 TP, minor HP recovery

Boosts-

Mobile Suit: Zaku I

HP: 116/116 EN: 2

MEL: 27 AMR: 24

RNG: 29 SPD: 28

Equip-

[1][1][0][0]

[0][0][0][0]

[0][0][0][0]

*: Knuckle- 27 Attack

1: Zaku Machine Gun- 34 Attack, 1 EN

Mod Level: 5

[x][][][][][][][]

[x][x][][][][][][]

[x][x][][][][][][]

Parts-

R-SLD: empty

L-SLD: Zaku Armor L

R-ARM: Zaku I Arm R

L-ARM: Zaku I Arm L

Legs: Zaku Legs

Items-

Repair Kit x 8

Healing Med x 3

Regeneration Kit x 1

Credits: 220

Alright, grabbing the Armor Upgrade Kit on the way out, now I'm going to try to zip to the next area as fast as possible, since the tanks don't give me squat, so yeah, who needs em....

Stopping by Maries place, not much done here besides moving the plot and picking up a GPS System, Restoration Drink and Regeneration Kit from the chests, now to scoot right along, more plot progress, and all that jazz, stopping by the first town, getting the Database Disk, and the first E Cap (S) and some money before moving on to the Moon Ark, and more tanks, god I hate tanks... Anyway, now at the moon ark, grabbed the machine gun from the room next to the save point and replaced Fritz' Zaku Machine Gun with it.

Back into the save room, and then into the hallway, here comes our second fixed encounter, and more tank induced pain, anyway, just gonna axe the Type 61 Kai and its Magella Attack friends to death and be done with it. Moving on, time to head off to the side room and bash some more magellas, but this time, violently and with boost attacks!

After sorting away the two repair kits and the new magella top cannon, lets continue onward, grabbing the metal shield from the next room and slapping it on the GM, and doubling back to the next fixed fight. After bashing up the zaku, and the two tanks (getting sick of these things), and then heading down the hall for the sequel- Zaku and Tanks two: Electric boogaloo, this time with more prizes (the Zaku Armor R shoulder and an SOS Signal Flare to be precise). Contiuing on, lets kick the crap out of this boss and wrap things up.

Boss fights not so tough, especially since its two on one, just keep pounding away at the piker and he'll keel over eventually and cough up his weapon in the process, as well as another Regeneration Kit. And now we meet up with Eureka Aeon, go through a cutscene and head back to maries place, and we'll wrap it up there

Tristan

Lv3

TP: 12/12

Melee: 13

Ranged: 9

Reflexes: 11

Skill: 6

Mind: 15

Techniques-

Boosts-

Boost Attack- 4 EN, powered up attack (Swd/Axe)

Mobile Suit: GM

HP: 120/120 EN: 2

MEL: 31 AMR: 37

RNG: 27 SPD: 28

Equip-

[1][1][2][0]

[1][1][2][0]

[0][0][0][0]

[0][0][0][0]

1: Heat Hawk- 49 Attack, 1 EN

2: Metal Shield- 5 AMR, -2 SPD

*: Head Vulcan- 28 Attack, 1 EN

Mod Level: 0

[][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][][][]

Parts-

R-SLD: GM Armor R

L-SLD: GM Armor L

R-ARM: GM Arm R

L-ARM: GM Arm L

Legs: GM Legs

Fritz-

Lv1

TP: 29/29

Melee: 6

Ranged: 11

Reflexes: 17

Skill: 16

Mind: 7

Techniques-

Repair- 2 TP, minor HP recovery

Grenade- 3 TP, weak armor ignoring technique

Boosts-

Shoot All- 5 EN, Shoots all enemies (RNG EN 1-3)

Mobile Suit: Zaku I

HP: 116/116 EN: 2

MEL: 27 AMR: 24

RNG: 29 SPD: 28

Equip-

[3][3][3][3]

[1][1][0][3]

[1][1][2][2]

1: Iron Axe- 37 Attack, 1 EN

2: Machine Gun- 39 Attack, 1 EN

3: Magella Top Cannon- 62 Attack, 3 EN

Mod Level: 5