Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Master Kruz

New Universal Century 0079

15 posts in this topic

U.C. 0079. The rebel space colonies of the Principality of Zeon launch a war of independence against the Earth Federation, using humanoid fighting vehicles called mobile suits, to overwhelm the Federation Forces and conquer half of Earth's surface.

Months later, the Federation has finally developed its own prototype mobile suits at a remote space colony. But when the colony suffers a Zeon surprise attack, these new weapons fall into the hands of a motley crew of civilians and cadets. Their fates, and the fate of the entire Federation rests on them...

(Edited from Gundam introduction from Gundam Official. Credit goes out to them for the majority of it.)

This RP is about how you would handle life aboard the White Base. Instead of that punk Amuro, take flight with the Gundam and fight Char, or command the White Base itself on it's perilous journey to Earth and back. On the other hand, maybe you're not the fighting type. Experience life aboard the White Base as one of the famed mechamen while you perform maintenance and change out ammunition for the many weapons on the ship, or help as a medic. Even experience life as a cook, it's up to you.

This RP will be the testing grounds for the yet unnamed original d20 system for combat, and will work mostly on free posting, with guest posters encouraged to pop in whenever. For now, this is here to gauge interest. If enough people want to see how this turns out, then I'll get it going.

I'll take the Red Comet's place. I need something to start over again so I come here more often.

Since we also have Alicia now, I'm going to say we're going to go ahead and start. With any luck this will demonstrate that no, rp threads aren't dead. I hope that this will bring more players.

I'm willing to come back to RP. I was thinking something as a mechanic or medic. Ether one sounds like fun to me.

Just a question, since I'm pretty curious about the storyline right now.

Do every character (Either from the Feds or my Zeon character) is inside/near Side 7?

Yes, for the most part everybody starts where the story is. Since you're only a newly minted Ensign, Ryuken, you're starting off as a Zaku pilot and will build your status up like the White Base crew.

Okay, the grid system might not have been such a good idea. We'll use the d20 system sans the grid system from now on.

We now have survival rolls. Forgot to post a update last night. Don't expect to always survive your mobile suit getting shot down now.

Players may now use three "untrained" techniques, as their abilities are mostly roleplaying based, with the exception of terrain attack. Most of these techniques receive a penalty unless you actually own them, though.

Forgot to hand out PPs from the last fight. Unwilling to make a new post in the roleplaying thread, here they are.

Blaise: +180 PPs

Terra: +125 PPs

Bart, Mark, Agram, Alex, Ceilidh: +90 PPs

I'm currently looking into ways to handle large scale combat without making the game a total pain to deal with, something I failed to do with SC Wars but is required here. While I have a long term plan that hinges on bugging the hell out of Daz to make a program for it (I'll get in contact with you tonight to talk about it, if you're on!) the short term plan appears to be dice rolls and a morale system for groups of pilots. I'll give more details as I work them out, but all signs point towards Encounters in Space like mini battles with small groups of enemies for the players, keeping the strain off of everybody involved. If anybody has a better idea on how to do this then I'd like to hear it.

Also, start posting again! I know your all playing Fallout SC right now but NUC needs love too!

Zeon characters will no longer be accepted into the series. I've come to the conclusion that having players on separate sides really makes life harder for the GM and the players unless the game is set up properly to allow for this. Instead, npc characters such as Char will step in to fight players. One might say that this makes the game three times easier for me to post in.

That aside, if the Zeon players would consent to "die" (you can also allow you to be put on a bus out of the series if you don't want your characters to die, pm me with what you want to do) I would greatly appreciate it. That aside, I'm also killing off the current fight as it's all rather rushed. Instead, after the Musai's defeat we'll say the remaining hangar crew used a Dopp the ship was carrying to escape with the stolen Gundam and a Zaku. It feels really artificial to cram in a extension to the fight now, and part of the reason I'm removing Zeon as playable is because this is really one sided.

Sorry to anybody that likes playing Zeon in these kinds of games, but this really does need to happen for the story to actually function as a whole.

Starting from now on we will be departing from stats entirely. The game from here on out is straight roleplaying, and will continue currently with my post. Zeon characters will also be allowed back in, as without the battle system it will be far easier to post for them. It is assumed all Zeon player characters survived the prior battle and have retreated with two mobile suits on a Dopp, taking with them the stolen Gundam. I know the game has gotten kicked around by me and it's my own poor judgment that led to it and hope players will continue to play despite my own inept flailing.

Edit: It is now also possible to have characters on both sides of the conflict, as without statistical battles it's fair to do so.

Edited by Master Kruz

Hey, we're dead!

0079 is officially ending once and for all. If you want something to happen to your characters tell me and I'll include it in the dev drive to finish the units before moving on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0