Master Kruz

New Universal Century 0079

83 posts in this topic

The battle raged below him, quiet, almost nonexistent except for the sudden flashes of a particles sent through space, disappearing almost as quickly as they'd appeared, or the detonation of missiles, the flares bright and warm in the distance. The lights could have been a fireworks display on Earth, a age old tradition of celebrating with colorful light shows.

Within a few minutes he would be amongst those lights, spreading the sorrow of war amongst those that would stand in his way.

---

Oscar doing his best to focus on the attacks when the pair appeared on the bridge. "W-what?! What are you doing here?! We need more mobile suits out there!" His words were punctuated when a bazooka round hit solidly on Gundam's shield, lighting the bridge with it's harsh glow for a fraction of a second before the monitor filtered it out.

DEFENSE PHASE

Attacking Weapon: Mega Particle Cannon, Bazooka

Action Taken: Dodge (20), Dodge (19)

Damage Taken:

Resources Spent:

Turning his attention away from the pair at the door Oscar returned his gaze to the battle waging outside when somebody else took up the door frame. "Pardon me, but it seems like I have rank here."

Surprising everyone in the room even Sayla, determined as she was on her own tasks, looked at the man. A little over medium height and ruffled black hair as well as his distinctly striking features marking him as the poster boy for Federation recruiting ads everywhere. Anyone who had watched ancient cinema would probably have noticed a distinct resemblance to the actor Clark Gabel if they'd seen him, a fact probably not lost on the man judging from his carefully trimmed mustache.

Oscar was quite glad to hand over command of the ship to what proved to be one of the ships Ensigns, and focused purely on the helm as the new Captain set to work.

Bright Noa took aside one of the two pilots. "If you don't mind we need somebody manning the targeting lasers for the automated anti-aircraft weapons or the ship will get torn apart by those mobile suits before we can take down that Musai." He gestured to the chair held by a large mechanical arm in a second room held separate from the bridge. "It should be easy for a mobile suit pilot, just keep the enemy in the reticule and fire. You just have to keep them from getting too comfortable until our mobile suits can shoot them down."

Patting the younger man on the shoulder, Bright threw out his arm, fingers spread and threw out his voice for the entire bridge to hear. "Get us closer to that Musai! Approach it from below and we'll tear it apart, inexperienced crewmen or not! Mobile suits, keep those Zaku's off us! Gunners, fire the main guns to cover our advance on the Musai!" Finally done handing out orders, Bright sat down in the Captains chair, trying not to show his nervousness. What little he knew about commanding a ship came from war games he and the other technical crew trainees had indulged in. In theory attacking a ship from below--Where the armor was thickest to compensate for the lack of weapons in some designs like the Musai--was sound, but theory didn't equal fact.

Getting a firm grip on the arms on the chair while keeping a eye on the situation across the entire bridge, Bright swallowed the panic that threatened to take him and set his mind to surviving.

Bright Noa

"Right, I'm taking over!"

Range Lv.2: [+] Damage Dealt +25%

Defense Lv.1: Damage Received -5%

Leadership Lv.1: 2 Allies gain Dodge Cost -5% and TDC +10%

Potential Lv.1: While HP is 50% and below, Damage Received -5%, Damage Dealt +5%, and Target's Dodge Cost +5%

While HP is 30% and below, Damage Received -10%, Damage Dealt +10% and Target's Dodge Cost +10%

Apply Leadership to Alex and Terra

ATTACK PHASE

Attack: [+] Main Gun (BSF:2)- 1750 damage # 2, 22/24 rounds [+15%]

Target(s): Musai

HP: 12174/14000, EN: 400/400, Agi: 560 (+4)

Sayla SP:80/80

[+] +25%

Damage Received -5%

Main Gun Ammo:22/24

---

Hayato almost felt ill for a moment as he his Guncannon started spiraling out of control. Not, in fact, due to any mistake by anybody on the ship, the launch had been flawless as far he could tell, but by his own mistake of trying to compensate for the spin he thought he would encounter when he launched. Instead of a dignified launch he cursed his own carelessness and his doubt in the military ship designers as he finally managed to get the mobile suit under control in time to see a Zaku closing in, it's bazooka round miraculously managing to miss the White Base. He barely had time to recognize any of this when his thumb went down on the first trigger he could find as he screamed in pure terror.

ATTACK PHASE

Attack: [+] 60mm Vulcans- 400 damage, 19/20 rounds [+40%]

Target(s): Bart

HP: 3200/3200, EN: 150/150, Agi: 310 (+1)

Shield:10/10

60mm Vulcans Ammo:19/20

---

DEFENSE PHASE

Attacking Weapon: Main Gun

Action Taken: Take (10)

Damage Taken: 3150

Resources Spent:

Dren found himself blinded as the bridge was suddenly flooded with a brilliant light, forcing him to close his eyes. Finally able to see again, Dren felt the taste of fear as he looked out at his ship, stunned as he saw two giant holes there that looked like some giant creature had started poking holes in his ship like it was paper. As reports filtered in he'd found out there had been four hits on the ship, the two that had eaten through the Minovsky Drive and hangar plus two more that had grazed both sides of the ship. Dren felt a sudden pang of fear, he'd lost almost half his crew in a attack he hadn't even seen coming as the Trojan Horse had circled around the colony and had fired.

Fearing the worst, Dren realized he may very well be fighting a new ship crewed entirely by veterans. Realizing he was in over his head, Dren started to hand out new orders. "Helmsmen, get the colony between us and the Trojan Horse! We'll try to circle around and finish them from behind!"

HP: 4350/7500, EN: 264/300, Agi: 600 (+4)

SP:150/150, Will:3/10

[+] +20%

TDC +10%

Damage Received -10%

Edited by Master Kruz

Bart and Mark>

Spirit Phase:

Bart:

Mark:

Blaine_Kodos: Akita: 2d20 -- 11 6 -- Total: 17

Defense Phase:

Bart:

[+] [+3], 2000 = 12 - 2 (pilot) = 10 v. 11 (made dodge)

[+] [+2], 400 = 11 - 2 v. 6 > takes (400)

Bart: FUCK!

Mark: Calm your ass down!

Bart: That fucking thing hit me!

Mark: Oh shit, they hit our ship...

Bart: Fuck, is it REALLY just us two. God damn it, this SU~CK!

Mark: And where was this Zeon Spirit of yours back in the ship?

Bart: Shut up Mark!

Mark: Ok ok. Let's continue the onslaught. Aim for the bridge, forget the stupid mobile suit. If they have no place to return, they are screwed anyway.

Bart: Got it! And if that doesn't work, I am going to fucking ram that son of a bitch... I swear to fucking god...

Bart>

Target: White Base Bridge

Weapon: [+] 280mm Bazooka- 2000 damage, 5/6 [+20%]

Damage: 400 damage x 1 = 2000 damage

Resource Modifier: 1 round

Modifier: [+20%] = +1 dodge

Mark>

Target: White Base underside

Weapon: [+] 280mm Bazooka- 2000 damage, 6/6 [+20%]

Damage: 400 damage x 1 = 2000 damage

Resource Modifier: 1 round

Modifier: [+20%] = +1 dodge

Bart's Zaku

HP: 1500/1900

EN: 130

Agi: -1 DC

Sp: 100/100 <Flash [10]>

Shield: 15/15

Guts:

( ) 60% > X: +5% TDC and DMG

( ) 40% > X: +10% TDC and DMG

Will: 2/10

- Barrel Roll [2]

- "Let'em Rip!" [4] <Volley and Rush>

- Iron Will [5]

[+] 20mm Vulcan Guns- 400 damage, 20 rounds [+40%]

[F] Tackle (M)- 500 damage [+10%]

[+] 120mm Machinegun- 650 damage, 10 rounds [+15%]

[F] Laser Burner- 700 damage, Armor Pierce, 3 EN/attack [+0%]

[F] Heat Hawk (M)- 800 damage [+0%]

[+] 3-Tube Missile Pod (PGF:6)- 300 damage, 18 rounds [+25%]

[+] 280mm Bazooka- 2000 damage, 4 rounds [+20%]

[+] 70mm Spray Rocket Bazooka (S)- 2500 damage, 9 rounds [+20%]

Marks's Zaku

HP: 1900/1900

Agi: +0 DC

Sp: 100/100 <Flash [10], Iron Wall [40]>

Guts:

( ) 60% > X: +5% TDC and DMG

( ) 40% > X: +10% TDC and DMG

Potential:

( ) 50% > X: +5% TDC and DMG, -5% DR

( ) 30% > X: +10% TDC and DMG, -10% DR

-Barrel Roll (2)

-Elude (3)

-Entrenchment (4)

-Iron Will (5)

[+] 70mm Spray Rocket Bazooka (S)- 2500 damage, 9 rounds [+20%]

Edited by Akita

Character: Alex Rayner

SUPPORT DEFENSE PHASE

Attacking Weapon: 280mm Bazooka

Action Taken: Take + Shield (13)

Damage Taken: 1000

Resources Spent: 1 Shield

"DON'T YOU IGNORE ME!" Alex yelled at the top of his lungs, despite the fact his opponents in all likelyhood couldn't hear him. He stowed the bazooka before drawing a beam saber and mounting the attachment. He gripped the controls tightly as the gundam's verniers burst to life, throwing it into a full speed charge, its lance held forward to impale the offending Zaku. "I won't let anyone else get hurt if I can help it. If they do, then I'll kill one Zeon bastard for each casualty!"

ATTACK PHASE

Weapon Used: [F] Beam Javelin (BM) [+3]

Target(s): Bart

Damage Dealt: 2000 x 1.2 = 2400

Resources Spent: 1 Round

Modifiers:

(HP: 2000/3000, EN: 145/150, Agi: 300

SP (Alex): 80/80, SP (Haro): 80/80

[F] +20%

Accuracy: +30% (+2)

DC -20% (-2))

[+] 60mm Vulcans- 400 damage, 20/20 [+40%]

[F] Melee (M)- 500 damage [+0%]

[+] 90mm Vulcans- 850 damage, 10/10 [+15%]

[F] Beam Saber (BM)- 1200 damage [+0%]

[+] Beam Rifle (B)- 1500 damage, 10/10 [+10%]

[F] Beam Javelin (BM)- 2000 damage, 5 EN/attack [+20%]

[+] 280mm Bazooka- 2000 damage, 3/6 [+20%]

Shield: -50% DR, 9/10)

----

Character: Katrin Murdock

Katrin frowned as she reluctantly boarded the catapult. She would have rather gone last, but it couldn't be helped this time "They don't pay me enough for this..." She grumbled as she doned her helmet before turning on the com-link "Alright, ready to launch."

Characters: Terra, Ceilidh

Terra would've normally been all too happy to not be shot at, but her friends were on board that ship, and if any of them were to die... well, she couldn't bear thinking about that now.

She rushed to intercept the Zakus, firing a blast from her beam rifle one of the two as she moved into position.

ATTACK PHASE

Weapon Used: [+] Beam Rifle (B)

Target(s): Mark

Damage Dealt: 1700 x 1.05 = 1785

Resources Spent: 1 Round

Modifiers: +15% accuracy (+1)

[+] 60mm Vulcan- 400 damage, 20 rounds [+40%]

[F] Melee (M)- 500 damage [+0%]

[K] Kick (M)- 1200 damage, 5 EN/attack [+15%]

[F] Prototype Beam Saber (BM)- 1300 damage, 5 EN/attack [+0%]

[+] Prototype Beam Rifle (B)- 1700 damage, 5/6 rounds [+10%]

Ceilidh's mind worked overtime, her current level of fear managing to increase her concentration dramatically, somehow. Soon enough, she had a lock on Bart's Zaku.

"Target Lock On."

SPIRIT PHASE

Seishin Used: Lock On

SP Used: 25

Effects: No ESD, +50% accuracy

(Ceilidh does count as a sub-pilot now, doesn't she?)

Edited by Alicia

Character: Kyo Brunestud

Seeing as he received no response from the Zakus that were attacking the Troy Horse (Maybe because of the Minovsky particles on the area), I had only one thing I could do, in order to contact them: Fly towards the Musai. It was risky, as I was right now piloting one of the enemy mobile suits, but if I was able to close enough distance, I could contact the ship's captain and, somehow, complete the mission on an unexpected way.

As the only path ahead, I launched from one of the remaining catapults, taking extra care on not being attacked or hit until I completed this self-imposed objective.

I hoped that the Feds would think I was going to attack the Musai, and buy me some time in order to, in my opinion, "break their dreams and hopes". And, just to make sure, I started to repeat the same message once, and again, in hopes that the ship's captain would hear it.

-C'mon, c'mon... This is Ensign Kyo Brunestud, of the Principality of Zeon's army. My mission was to destroy the new mobile suits the Federation was building in Side 7, but most of the members of the commando team I was in were killed.-I said, trying to remain calm-Interesting enough, I was able to survive, so I infiltrated the enemy battleship, and I stole one of their units. Captain Dren, I request permission to board the Musai with my "spoils of battle".

I hoped that was enought for them to recognize me and not shoot me down.

(I think I'm quite done looking up minor character names at this point. Also, Hayato and Kai's turns will be taken offscreen for now, as will some of the new arrivals to save my sanity. And yes, Ceilidh is a sub-pilot for White Base at the moment.)

Not an hour ago Dozle had dispatched his messenger to reach his brother Garma beyond the Earth's horizon. Nobody aboard the punished Musai expected help for hours, even days.

Unknown to them help was already on it's way.

Ramba Ral marveled at the engineering prowess that was slowly filling his Zaku's screen. One of the first true Federation mobile suits, the red and white model reflected a complex, far more natural design that spoke of untold power and functionality that surpassed even the Zaku, although it almost certainly would require more maintenance to remain fully functional. He recognized it as a sibling model of the white mobile suit Dozle had mentioned, both appeared to be one hundred percent similar in appearance if not internal systems. Smiling as it flew off on it's own to attack the Musai, Ramba felt truly blessed. It would be his chance to capture the Federation's new mobile suit, with or without it's cockpit intact.

Ramba Ral

SP: 240

Evade Lv.2: Dodge Cost -10%

Skill Lv.4: Countercut and Countershoot Costs -4, Critical Cost -4, Shield Usage +5

Technique Mastery [Hyper Charge]: One Pilot Technique that deals damage gains Weapon Damage +15% and Accuracy +5%

Spirit Commands: Resist, Confusion, Scan, Analyze, Perserverance

Skills: Attack Again Lv.3, Final Attack, SP Boost Lv.3, Concentration, Newtype

Techniques: Hyper Charge, Over Boost, Charge Up

Will Commands: Barrel Roll, Elude, Fast Combat

MS-06 Zaku II Garma Zabi Custom

Statistics:

HP: 2300, EN: 130, Agi: 320

IS: 4, Move: G, Size: M, Rank: 4

Weapons:

[+] 40mm Vulcan- 500 damage, 20 rounds [+40%]

[F] Tackle (M)- 600 damage [+10%]

[+] 120mm Machinegun- 700 damage, 10 rounds [+15%]

[F] Heat Katana (M)- 1200 damage [+0%]

[F] Vital Lunge- 1380 damage, 5 EN/attack [+5%]

[+] 3-Tube Missile Pod (PGF:6)- 350 damage, 18 rounds [+25%]

[+] 280mm Bazooka- 2200 damage, 8 rounds [+20%]

[+] 175mm Cannon- 2400 damage, 6 rounds [+20%]

[+] 70mm Spray Rocket Bazooka (S)- 2600 damage, 9 rounds [+20%]

Inherent Abilities:

1) Mobile Suit

2) Shield x 2

3) Countercut: Heat Katana

4) Countershoot: 40mm Vulcan Guns, 120mm Machinegun

Ramba left the other mobile suits to his men to handle while he and Lenard boosted off the Dopp they'd ridden here and prepared to take down the enemy mobile suit. The three dopps and four other Zaku's would be more then enough to tie them down while he tore the pilot out of his cockpit.

ATTACK PHASE

Attack: [F] Vital Lunge- 1380 damage, 5 EN/attack [+10%]

Target(s): RX-78-3 Gundam (Kyo)

HP: 2300/2300, EN: 130/130, Agi: 320 (+1)

Ramba SP:240/240

Charge:1

[+] +25%

TDC +5%

Dodge Cost -10%

---

Lenard Turn

ATTACK PHASE

Attack: [F] Tackle (M)- 500 damage [+10%]

Target(s): RX-78-3 Gundam (Kyo)

---

The air space was suddenly filled with fire as the enemy mobile suit force tripled in size. Kai was fairly impressed, despite his bravado to the opposite. "Hey, think they bought enough Zaku's out here?" he said dryly, dreading the countdown as his Guncannon mounted onto the catapult. While whoever had jumped into the third Gundam had jumped into line ahead of him--somebody had said it was that military lady that had caused a seen while everybody had been getting settled, and nobody really carried enough to check--his time was finally up.

He was thrown into his seat as the magnetically drawn trappings that had locked down over his Guncannon's feet threw him none too gently into space, directly at one of the newly arrived Zaku's. Panicking, Kai fired his cannons, missing the Zaku as it rammed into him, knocking him out and sparing him the pain of watching as another started chipping away at his mobile suit with it's machine gun.

---

Hayato saw Kai's unsuccessful launch and had to help him. Targeting the immobile Zaku firing at him, he fired his cannons with careful aim, putting both rounds through it's side and causing it to explode, throwing both Kai and the Zaku that had rammed him away from each other.

He'd barely had time to turn his attention back to his own situation when the first missile hit. Screaming, he saw two more Zaku's rapidly approaching, one having fired both it's missile pods at him. He'd been spared the full destructive power of the missiles by virtue of the explosions caused by the first hit knocking most of them off target, and the Guncannon was hardy enough to withstand a couple of missiles.

What worried him the most was the other Zaku, closing in with it's heat hawk in a slash that would potentially split his mobile suit in half vertically. screaming out of rage now, Hayato spun the controls around, surprising himself when the Guncannon's forearms caught the Zaku's arm on them, stopping the blow.

---

With the mobile suits attention on other foes, the Dopp squadron had elected to pester the white mobile suit.

Dopp (New Universal Century)

Statistics:

HP: 1000, EN: 20, Agi: 350

IS: 4, Move: G, Size: M, Rank: 2

Weapons:

[+] 60mm Vulcan Guns- 400 damage, 20 rounds [+40%]

[+] 7-Barrel Missile Launcher (PSF:7)- 500 damage, 21 rounds [+0%]

Inherent Abilities:

1) Aircraft

2) Countershoot: 60mm Vulcan Guns

ATTACK PHASE

Attack: [+] 60mm Vulcan Guns- 400 damage, 19/20 rounds [+40%]

Target(s): RX-78-1 Gundam (Alex)

ATTACK PHASE

ATTACK PHASE

---

DEFENSE PHASE

Attacking Weapon: Bazooka x 2

Action Taken: Dodge (16), Take (5)

Damage Taken: 1900

Resources Spent:

Oscar was paralyzed as he suddenly realized that he had been a poor commander in comparison to the Ensign. As the newly newly deemed captain yelled orders out across the bridge people took notice. He was a rock, not flinching even as a Zaku flew past the bridge, narrowly missing the ship as another rattled his teeth. Looking onward he focused on what he was doing when Bright scolded him for not paying attention.

At least somebody on this ship was competent.

Apply Leadership to Alex and Terra

Bright had to admit he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

He did his best to keep it together, but the fact was that his stoic appearance was because he was gripping the captains chair out of pure unadulterated fear as hell fire seemed to appear out of nowhere on the monitors. He was barking out orders as best he could when a call came in from somebody in the gunnery room. The unidentified aging man spoke up and said "We've got the ships mega particle gun ready to fire and the lady up there is sending us targeting data." the man stopped to grin widely, showing his absence of teeth. "She's telling us the Musai is directly below us, under the colony."

Bright tried not to let his excitement show too much when he ordered them to fire.

Bright watched as the side of the ship moved, the armor plating on the sides departing to reveal the massive guns hidden underneath them before fire tore through the colony once more.

ATTACK PHASE

Attack: [+] Mega Particle Gun (BS)- 7500 damage, 40 EN/attack [+80%]

Target(s): Musai

HP: 10274/14000, EN: 360/400, Agi: 560 (+4)

Sayla SP:80/80

[+] +25%

Damage Received -5%

Main Gun Ammo:22/24

---

DEFENSE PHASE

Attacking Weapon: Mega Particle Gun

Action Taken: Take (6)

Damage Taken: 6750

Resources Spent:

For his part, Dren never saw his own end. A moment of light as the particles collected in the barrel and showed through the gaps in the colony was the only notice he had before billions on particles tore through his body, tearing away at his body as each particle pushed it's way forward. With him, Dren was followed by his ship, leaving only a few pieces of the front hull as any testament that it had even existed in the cosmos.

HP: -2400/7500, EN: 264/300, Agi: 600 (+4)

SP:150/150, Will:3/10

[+] +20%

TDC +10%

Damage Received -10%

[Your countercut/shoot explanation makes little to no sense whatsoever]

Bart and Mark>

Spirit Phase:

Bart:

Mark:

Bart: GOD DAMN IT!

Mark: Oh god... We have no place else to go...

Bart: Fucking ship! I'LL KILL IT! EVEN IF I NEED TO SACRIFICE MYSELF!!!

Mark: Worry about the units that are coming at you!

[Roll] Durararakita rolls 2d20: 4 {2 2} = 4< Dodge (Fail)

Durararakita rolls 2d20: 10 {4 6} = 10 <to shield (fail)

[Roll] Durararakita rolls 1d20: 7 = 7 < Survival for bart

Defense Phase:

Mark>

[+] (B) [+1], 1785

> B/c #zeal dice roller hates me, take

Bart>

[F] (BM) [+3], 2400

> HAS to take > 0 HP > Survival of 7, probably dead...

Mark looked in disgust to see his comrade blow up.

Mark: THIS is seriously bull shit

Mark Attack Phase:

Target: White Base

[+] 70mm Spray Rocket Bazooka (S)- 2500 damage, 8 rounds [+20%]

TDC: +2

DMG: 3000

Other:

Resource: 1 ammo

Marks's Zaku

HP: 115/1900

Agi: +0 DC

Sp: 100/100 <Flash [10], Iron Wall [40]>

Guts:

(X) 60% > X: +5% TDC and DMG

(X) 40% > X: +10% TDC and DMG

Potential:

(X) 50% > X: +5% TDC and DMG, -5% DR

(X) 30% > X: +10% TDC and DMG, -10% DR

Will: 3/10

-Barrel Roll (2)

-Elude (3)

-Entrenchment (4)

-Iron Will (5)

[+] 70mm Spray Rocket Bazooka (S)- 2500 damage, 8 rounds [+20%]

Edited by Akita

(This post assumes only White Base and Musai's turns happened in post 81.)

Bright could barely hold back a cheer as the Musai exploded, taking most of the hull with it. With their ship gone it would be ideal to escape, however something finally caught his eye. He looked to his side and and said: "Sayla, who's piloting G-3?"

---

Denim could hardly believe he was still alive. In the remains of the hangar he and the two other crewmen that had survived near the pilot ready room readied the lone surviving Dopp tied down to a wall. Using the radio transmitter he tried to communicate with his teammates: "This is Lt. Denim, everybody get back to the front section of the ship. We have a Dopp and are going to make a run for Solomon, if you don't get back here you'll get left behind!"