Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rurounin Mao

AEGIS ASSSEMBLEEE!

360 posts in this topic

now I realized our names weren't white-blueish, but the default forum font color... so now our names appears lime green!! Boss Mao please change them to white blueish!!

whew this new board theme needs some getting used to, so mao I already told kashi our plans about the unit (the system that you told me)... seems many people are interested on making our own mechs so we need to start this project...

uggg i dont think i can change the color, its set at midnight glow XD

anyway i have a day off on monday so i think i got the time to fix the custom mech so if anyone of you feel like visiting the aegis chat we can discuss it there

realy? looks fine to me, if you can suggest a new one lets see it

also for kaishi's base core, i think we can work something out of it, maybe have his company asking other company for compatible weapons

Edited by Rurounin Mao

also for kaishi's base core, i think we can work something out of it, maybe have his company asking other company for compatible weapons

They are totally compatible with anything you can throw in. That's why there's an ability called "customization". Anything can be changed, and anything can be added.

Yes, I was working on the AEGIS mechas, and didn't I gave you the fixed ones some months ago? I was and still waiting for the opinions of others, but... well it kinda fall off and nobody sending anything... T_T

Also, you guys also said that I don't post it on the MechDev WIP, so... I didn't. =/ Anyways, because I am busy with work and couldn't connect iRC (unless you want to get me into trouble with me boss... yes, I'm accessing SC at the office at breaktimes.), please just send me it thru PM. Or for easier access to all, one of you guys should just make a WIP and stop this secrecy thing. =P

EDIT: Oh yes, if you guys made something or need help on whatever your doing right, tell me. That I can help you guys address whatever needs to be fixed...

Edited by Kyousuke Sumeragi

Its my 1000th post since joining the SC, so thought I'd mine in the faction thread too :)

Hey guys im at the chat, anyone wanna talk just pop by aniverse and join up in the aegis room

Anyway update note on Kaishi's base core thing

It is decided we are gonna use it as a pseudo "dress-up" unit

what this mean is we will all contribute a set of weapons and abilities that we gonna dev with this unit. The unit itself is bare but it will have the ability to equipe any of the weapons listed during deployment (with a set number of course). So i would like each member to contribute by, making a list of weapons (in description format) that they want to see add in

Edited by Rurounin Mao

Long Blade & Short Blade

A pair of solid blades differing in length, sheathed at either side of the Mech’s waist when not in use. Normally dual-wielded.

Beam Saber & Beam Dagger

Saber and daggers made of beam particles.

Wire Guided Beam Saber

Mounted the waist. The Wire Guided Beam Saber emits blade a solid energy beam, thats stronger than a physical blade. since its wire guided it can take even large amount of Energy from the Unit’s Power supply. which can deliver stronger attacks than the normal Beam Sabers.

’Firefly’ Heat Kunai

Cutting and throwing weapons. When thrown and come contact on the enemy mech will explode due to an explosive built in to it, this functions like a grenade hence the name firefly.

Heat Rod

A unique class of melee weapons, heat weapons apply thermal energy to the weapon creating a superheated surface that has enhanced penetration on the target.

Heat Katars

Medium sized sword, mounted on the add-on parts at both arms which folds to the fists to expose the blades. The cutting edges are made to be Heat Weapons similar to the Heat Rods. As the heat is transferred to whatever is in contact at the moment. it is possible to attack at high temperatures that cannot be endured.

Trident Claw

The sharp end of this custom arm-mounted shield can be transformed into a pincer-claw with a Beam Saber in the middle. Used for gripping enemy mechs while piercing it with the activated Beam Saber, this weapon may also be used in countercut defense purposes.

here are some of the melee weapons I collected, but sometimes weapons are not enough coz the secret of melee attacks comes from the imagination of the pilot where a mecha martial art attack can be performed so we can dub an attack using the following weapons to be an (X) attack using martial arts...

Long Blade & Short Blade

A pair of solid blades differing in length, sheathed at either side of the Mech’s waist when not in use. Normally dual-wielded.

Feeling like being a samurai, anyone?

Beam Rifle and Beam Pistol: A weapon on the shape of a rifle that could fire beam particles. A Beam Pistol works under the same premise as a Beam Rifle, but causing less damage and having a lesser range.

Machinegun: A 120mm caliber machinegun, that fires solid ammo.

Shotgun: A mech-sized shotgun, which works by firing scattering pellets, covering a wide area.

Gatling: A stronger version of the machinegun, sporting a higher caliber and an increased fire rate, but spending the ammo faster.

Grenade Launcher: A handheld cannon that hurls explosive charges towards an enemy.

Rocket Launcher: A handheld cannon that fires a rocket-propelled grenade towards an enemy, dealing increased damage over the Grenade Launcher, but with the drawback of holding less rounds.

Miniature Particle Cannon: A shoulder-mounted beam cannon, that fires a strong beam composed of an enormous concentration of beam particles. This attack can usually pierce a reinforced armor with ease, but uses a large amount of energy from the unit's power core in order to function.

Missile Pods: Special packs that could be installed on different parts of the Base Core's body carrying several warheads, which are fired at once against one or several enemies.

Gunbarrels: Wire-guided beam guns, which are connected to the shoulders of the mech and detached in order to attack enemies out of the reach of the mech from every direction. Because the beam guns need to recharge after each use, this weapon spends great amounts of energy to work.

Since my mind isn't properly working at the moment... I'll go with this idea and post whatever I come up later. Here goes...

Fireworks Launcher

A portable hand-held launcher designed to fire blinding flares, cool fireworks, or otherwise cheap explosives that didn't reach the required quality. Though its not really designed for combat, it is still a sight to behold!

Here's some weapons for the faction dev that have come to mind so far

Beam Scythe:

The large Scythe blade is formed of beam particles and can attack multiple ememies in one strike.

Hyper Beam Katanna:

A variable output katanna made of beam paticles with 8 levels of output. It may also be used defensively to parry attacks.

Beam Wave Blade:

When striking with this blade it releases a beam wave simutaniously from the sword slash making it both a melee and ranged weapon that difficult to dodge.

Electro-Pulse Missiles:

Guided Missiles that in addition to the damage upon hitting thier target release an electromagnetic discharge stunning the enemy temporarly.

On another note heres my dev I've been working on any comments guys?

Also is there any of the Lefiessian weapons/technolgy you might want use for the faction dev as well?

Edited by CyberLegion

<Insert Name>

A special attack that’s thought by <special trainer> on the AEGIS recruits using 2 blades (beam or solid blade). A multi-hit attack composed of random slashes.

<Insert Name>

A special attack that’s thought by <special trainer> on the AEGIS recruits using the heat kunai. executed by throwing some on the ground after the explosion, the person executing the technique vanishes out of sight then attacks the enemy when least expected this increases the accuracy of the attack since the enemy was caught by surprise.

Martial arts techniques that I recently imagined... needs help on naming, perhaps a japanese name would be good since they are supposed to be ninja based attacks

and cyber show us your list of technology together with the RP since as you can see we dont have inherents yet so thats a big help...

btw here is what I invisioned AE-01 would look like so let this be our inspiration:

AE-01Vagrantnew.gif

Edited by Setsuna F. Seiei

First one: Maybe something like "Shippuuken"?

Second one: YUME NO ENKOU!

About the sprite: It looks really nice, and with something that well done, I really want to have my custom unit now xD

Edited by Kashi-Ryuken

Source: Sacred Empire of Solaris

Weapons:

Andvari Whips: These are a couple of metalic Whips attached to the wrists of the Mech. Highly flexible yet resistants, they can be used to perform any kind of combination attack on the target. The unpredictable curved motion of the whips makes them really hard to gues from where are they going to hit. The most easy combination is a 3 rapid hit, the first with the right whip, then the second with the left one, and for the third is made by spining the mech in 360º following the motion of the second hit, to do a 3rd hit using the right whip again.

An experienced pilot could also use them to trap the target, inmobilizing it, or tosing it against the terrain.

Thor Wave: This is not a conventional weapon. The Thor Wave utilizes the energy source of the unit to directly fire a super condenced stream of energy at the target. This is usually fired using the palm of both hands of the mech. The resulting emission is big enought to fully engulf the target.

Also know as "Animum Ether Response Offensive Drones", is a series of 12 bits that detach from the unit, to surround the target and then shot beams of energy at it. The target is effectively hit from all angles. These bits have no problem moving by themselves in the air, with a antigravitatory devise incorporated. Not any pilot can use these though, only someone with a strong anima can deploy them, as they are guided with the mind.

Nanomachine Arm: Not a weapon by itself, the nanomachine arm have many uses in combat. First developed by the Zeboim culture, it was rediscovered by Melchoir. but it was his apprentice Krelian the one who eventually mastered the technology.

His first experiments with Nanomachines in Mechs was with Crescens, the unit Emeralda, the living nanomachine colony used. Though eventually his masterpieces were the Seraphs and Deus itself, creatures made almost completely of nanomachines.

The Nanomachine Arm is just a partial implementation of this technology, in witch by just making one arm into it, it makes this technology combinable with almost any Mech out there, without sacrificing their own systems and technologies. Though the trade off is that only the offensive capabilities of the nanomachines are transfered, because it is needed a full frame of nanomachines to take advantage of the defensive ones.

Nanomachine Arm [Claws]: The nanomachines in the hand change shape to form a series of claws in it. It can be in various shapes and quantities, but the end result if the same, a series of long sharp nails, capable of both piercing and cuting the target. It is intended for dealing the most damage to an umprotected target

Nanomachine Arm [sword]: The whole arm changes into a big sword, witch shape can be a broadsword, and katana, or any way the pilot desires. Though the maximun potential damage is not as much as the claw's, the main purpose of this form is to damage targets with strong defenses, in witch the Claws are not effective enough. This Nanomachine Sword is sharped at the molecular level, making it ignore both Shields and Armors. Only Energy barriers can block this kind of edge.

Nanomachine Arm [shield]: Not really a weapon, the Arm can take the form of a Shield, witch can be used to cover most of the Unit. This however, result in the destruction of a portion of the nanomachines, making the prolonged use of this Shield unadvisable, as eventually, the whole nanomachine arm could be lost.

Nanomachine Arm [Needle]: The Arm takes the form of a long and sharp Needle, using the whole arm. But it is with this form, that the true power of the nanomachines is revealed. They dont need to be in contact with each other, or with the unit. Each one can fly independently, as they are almost as light as the air. This big Spike detachs from the mech, to ram at the target. Then, regardless of the outcome of the attack, the Spike flies back at this deploying mech, passing again by the spot the enemy unit is standing, hiting an unaware target twice.

The deadlies form of the nanomachines, the whole arm dissolves in the air, at the sight of the astonished target. Then a few seconds later, the target will witness how his unit is slowly being consumed by this cloud, breaking it at the molecular level. Eventually, nothing of the target will remain, but a dust cloud in the ground.

When this cloud if formed, it covers a big part of the terrain, that, added to the fact it is barely visible, makes the avoiding of this attack a really hard feat.

Edited by Krelian

SFS: Suggestion goes like this...

1st unnamed attack: Nizanjin no Jutsu (Twin Slash Blade technique)

2nd unnamed attack: Bakuen Bunshin Geki no Jutsu (Explosive Fire After image attack technique)

Note: You can remove the 'jutsu'-part, 'cause I only placed them to make them as if it was a ninja's moves.

Another weapon:

RAMEN (Rapid Assault Mobile Engaging Noodles): See explantion for wire-guided Newtype weapons or Incom.

Hey wassup everybody? Its been awhile. Just thought Id pop in and say hello to everyone. How goes it?