Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yuu Inohara

Heroes of Etheria

16 posts in this topic

Stromvale, a small town resting on the border between Imperial Dragunov and the Republic of Stromgrade. While small, the town is by no means quiet, resting on one of the few places in which all of the major aether flows meet without causing a deadzone, but rather creating a spiraling pillar, at the base of which the town was founded. At the very top rests is a powerful font, around which a large gathering hall was built, and the font, due to the wide array of raw materials available draws wouldbe adventures in hopes of making use of it.

Within the village, each year a select few youths are chosen to partake in a right of passage in which they are bestowed a stone. Those who can make the climb to the top and form an Aether Frame are given traveling fair and sent off to make a name for themselves in the world.

This is where our story begins, a tale with the potential to transcend ages.

Character: Lucrecia Nero

Lucrecia quietly waited for the ceremony, the frail, quiet girl doing as she usually did. While it, in itself, did not interest her, the gift at the end did, for she had strong intent to acquire her own Aether Frame, and was patient enough to wait just a short while longer, rather than rock the boat, as it were.

While she remained suffiiciently alert to notice when the ceremony began, her mind drifted slightly towards the construction of her Aether Frame, her route to future power. Her physical weakness shouldn't matter with an Aether Frame, and if it can be made to fully channel her psyche, all the better.

Edited by Alicia

Character: Ken Kaze

It wasn't still the time for the ceremony, Ken though. He waited for this moment his entire life, the time to fulfill the destiny his father engraved on his mind since he started his training as a warrior. The task of finding the last remnants of the lost arts of swordsmanship, several techniques done with a blade that could ensure an utter victory over the opponent. Heck, it was said that one lone swordsman with that knowledge could fight against an entire army and still win.

While there was still a little time, for Ken it was like an eternity, due to his increased adrenaline and his restless nature. Taking a glance at the front of the chosen people for the ritual, he saw a girl. She was quite a cutie, and he knew she was called Lucrecia, but he didn't have time before to speak with her.

Name: Vincent Rois

Vincent pushed up his glasses as he continued to read in his rented out room. He traveled a long ways from home to get to Stormvale just a chance to witness the Right of Passage. Sitting and reading by the table taking this trip as a unwanted break from work.

"Got so much to do when I get back...But I could get a..." his thought trailing off to the idea of being able to get lucky and get himself his very own Aether machine. Again he slightly laughed at the idea and finished up the page he was on. As he stood up to stretch his legs he looked at the time on his watch realizing...the event could of started already. "CRAP!" He said shoving his book into his bag throwing it over his shoulder and running out the door.

(Yeah took a while, and its not that big of a post, but I had to think of a post that I could make that would still buy some time for Harven :/)

As Lucrecia and Ken stood at the summit of the great tower, a set of lifts began to arrive opposite from the two delivering groups of towns people who took their seats in the stands overlooking the center of the spire, a large ornate stone plate adorning the rock depicting a spiral featuring different environs and features along each arm, representing the different elements that made up the font. As the crowds cycled through a final lift rose between the two that had delivered the audience, an old balding man in robes wielding a large cane stepping forward, the town elder, his face hardened by age. He stared at the two who would be participating in the ceremony with somewhat dulled eyes before speaking in a raspy voice "Hmph... Is this all? It seems the candidate pools have been growing smaller and smaller each year..."

(I'll make this as short as possible so the story can continue)

"Crap crap crap" Vincent thought to himself as he was running fulls speed up the trail. "Can't believe I'm going to be late to something this important." As the trail continued up the mountain he wiped the sweat off his face as the trail slowly came to an end. Breathing hard as he came to the end of the trail, looking down at his shoes to catch his breath. He cleaned his glasses with a cloth , put them back on and looked at the tower to see three people standing at the base. "Hopefully I'm not late yet." He said rushing to the base of the tower.

"It seems most of them just can't handle it."

Lucrecia seemed quite confident here. She'd been waiting for this for some time, and soon, she would have her own Aether Frame, to do with as she pleased.

"Well, if they can't, they can't."

Ken didn't care at all about those who didn't wanted to have an Aether Frame (And with so, leaving the safety of the town). All he wanted to do now was to pass the test, and recieve his very own Aether Frame. With it, he could put an end to the destiny his father took when he was young.

-Boring... Let's stop waiting for some ghosts.-He said, annoyed by the long wait.

The elder sneered at Ken before steping forward, his cane held firmly over an indentation in the ornate stone carving his voice loosing a bit of its shakeyness as his spoke, irritated by the boy's impatience "Have patience and show some respect! Scaling this mountain only shows that you are physically fit enough to survive beyond the borders of this town. If you don't take this seriously I cannot guarantee you will even survive the second half of the test." He slammed the cane down as hard as his old bones would allow, a loud click resounding as he turned it within the indentation, the large stone plate shaking as it began to seperate at the edges of each design, retracting into the spire, a bright like leaking through the gaps before finaly erupting into a widening pillar of energy. The old man stepped back a neutral expression on his face, in stark contrast to the audience who were in awe at the display, he had lived long enough that this was a normal thing for him. He stared through the pillar before pointing towards Ken, a slight smirk forming before he quickly turned his finger towards Lucrecia "You shall go first, the boy will wait."

"Very well. I'm sure the hardest part is over."

Lucrecia started inwards. It had been a tough climb, but she'd made it. Now just for the second part...

"Crap"-Ken mussed on his mind-"Now I have to wait"

Because of his impatience, now he was appointed by the elder to wait until his turn was to come. Either way, the physical part was over, and he was redy to pass the second part of the test.

(Sorry bout being indescriptive guys >< )

Vincent rushed up to the group of people, as he tried to make himself look presentable. "Ah, Excuse me." He said looking to the three people. "Am I too late for the ceremony?"

Edited by Harven

The elder smirked at Ken's reaction before turning to Lucrecia "Just step into the light and try envision your Aether Frame... If you succeed you should walk out with your seal item, if not... Well, better luck next time I suppose." He gave a dry, and somewhat shaky, chuckle. He turned his gaze to the late Arrival, before giving a slight grin "No no, you can go after the girl."

Edited by Yuu Inohara

"R-really?!" Vincent said surprised and confused about this ceremony. "Thank you so much for this opportunity!" he reminded himself that sometimes no matter how much research you do, even he could be wrong about things involving Aether frames.

Lucrecia stepped into the light, the glow surrounding and concealing her, vanishing for a moment, before returning with a small black creature upon her shoulder. The little reptile glanced lazily at the group as she went to sit down, a collar visible upon it.

"That went well."

Now, he should wait until one man, who came late to the ceremony, has to get an Aether Frame before he could do.

"Awww, man... This sucks!"-He though, showing no emotion on his face

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0