アイシア

Fallout SC Quest 1: Escape!

58 posts in this topic

This is for all those included in the Fallout SC Chronicles and already have characters up. If you haven't made a character yet *cough*YonBasuOldMan*cough* that's fine, I can have you guys either start in another vault altogether or from this same one. Anyway, let the scavenging begin!

The Great War between the Federation and Zeon. The war that changed everything.

Ever since Cain struck down his brother Abel, humans have always found ways to kill each other. Whether it be for God, for Country, or just plain psychotic rage, humans have always killed each other in some form or another, and it got easier with advancing technology. It would finally reach its peak in the final days of the Space Calendar 2080, when the last remaining forces of Zeon crashed all of their Colonies into Earth, effectively causing a catastrophic Nuclear Winter that destroyed almost all of civilization on both sides of the war.

Almost.

The Federation Forces had the foresight to see that this was a losing situation, and that the best way to preserve humanity and its culture was to bring as many survivors deep underground, safe from the nuclear fallout of the war on the surface.

Around a hundred or so years later, the first vaults would open, and those that finally left the underground would find a harsh wasteland waiting for them. And not only that, it would seem that against all hope, some of humanity that didn't get into the Vaults in time have survived. The world was now a proper wasteland, filled with all sorts of mutants, Raiders, and patches of civilization trying to make the best of things. It would seem that this new Era - After Nuking - was simply another chapter in the bloody history of humankind.

One such story in this chapter happens strangely enough in one particular vault... one vault that never opened. When Vault 101 closed its doors, they never opened again.

... Or did it?

Characters: Any and all characters who already started and want to start here

Location: Vault 101 Living Chambers. The first person who posts becomes the first person who interacts with the NPC, and gets to help wake everyone up if they're still asleep! You can also post waking up from the alarms if you want.

The sound of klaxons wailed across the Vault as a young girl with black hair and twintails ran into one of the living quarters. She wasn't here to escape from whatever it was that was attacking them and causing the alarm to sound, though... it was to wake up a particular person in this place.

sumo0003u.png

"Hey! Wake up! You have to wake up!" she cried, shaking the person awake. "You have to get out of here!"

This seemed oddly contradictory to the sound of a booming male voice that told all the Vault Residents to stay inside due to a RadDopp and CoRadfighter infestation, but whoever this person was had to wake up!

Edited by アイシア

Noah Caswell

There was something wrong with this picture. Very wrong. Instead of the nice, silent Vault he was used to with the mornings that came from hearing laughing children beat up a RadDopp with very, very big iron baseball bats, there instead were tons of sirens. And instead of the stark white and immensely boring ceiling of the living quarters, instead there was a twintailed black-haired loli shaking him awake. Now sometimes he had dreamed about this in stories that he would never tell his friends or his family, but he was pretty certain those dreams didn't involve warning klaxons.

"What the...Uuuurg my heeeaaad..." He groaned as he rolled out of his bed, rubbing his forehead tiredly. He had spent the last night at some enterprising young Vault dweller's birthday party. It had been...interesting to say the least and the afterparty was something to remember for the rest of his life. But there had to be something wrong. He was being shaken. No one shook the great Noah Caswell and got away with it. At least that's what he thought. He was still half asleep.

"What's the problem? Where's the fire? In the Overseer's pants?"

Lorenzo R. Schrodinger

"Nnhh...damnit Don, turn off those alarms."

The Marine turned on his bed, mumbling at people who were never truly there. He was dreaming again. Well, less 'again' but more 'oh-crap-he-managed-to-dream'. The Young man hadn't gotten much in the way of sleep, and now this. Goddamn Klaxons. Wait a dickeido. Lorenzo's eyes opened with a start, and he bolted out of bed. He was ready to drop kick any intruder but failed to realize a bottle of water was where he had stepped. So the moment both feet were on the ground, one actually stepped on the bottle.

"Whatthefu-" Lorenzo said, as he fell flat on his ass and saw some girl shake one of the other people in the room.

Edited by Jusuchin Panjirinanu

Roy Hiro

It's always been like this.... Roy already got used to being disturbed by alarms while sleeping peacefully, so as a result, he always wakes up with a calm and focused state of mind. Still with his eyes closed, he then said in his mind. "Hmm...the alarm sound is different, this day may be different than the other ones". With this, he then grabbed his custom-made shinai(bamboo sword), that he likes to use in swordsmanship training. Due to his enthusiasm, he went to sleep with it, like a samurai in the olden days. With this, he woke up and could sense a situation of panic from outside. "Hmm....what's wrong here?" Seeing as the people around him didnt woke up, he then took an initiative and hit a table with his Shinai to produce a loud noise.

Jessica Meridian

"Mmmm, what? Damn, this place got noisy all of a sudden..."

Jessica rolled around in her bed, barely awake, trying to figure out why everything was so noisy all of a sudden. Sounds sortof like Klaxons. Wait, Klaxons? That can't be good.

She gave out a big yawn, before heading out of bed, heading over towards the commotion.

"What's going on?"

She didn't panic. It would be nice to say that she was too professional to, but rather, she was still too sleepy to.

MYSTERIOUS GIRL A Amata Narumiya

[OOC: I guess I'll assume Jessica was in another room then]

The girl was almost about to whack Noah in the head for that last comment, but thought better of it and just forcibly pulled Noah up. "This isn't the time to joke around, Noah! It's me, Amata! My father is looking for you!" She also eyed the other two people in the room. "And by extension, he's looking for you two as well! Something terrible has happened, but it looks like you already know that, Roy. Anyway, I don't know how, but she... the Vault... it's been opened!"

Ah yes, that's right. This girl is Amata Narumiya, the daughter of the Overseer of Vault 101. She's generally a nice girl, but at the same time, the fact that she's the Overseer's daughter puts her in the spotlight, the kind that she doesn't seem to like from what you've known of her.

But that aside, there were more pressing matters to attend to. All things considered, the Vault has NEVER been opened. You were all born here in the Vault ever since the bombs fell, so something like that would count as a very serious matter. It might partially explain why the alarms were off.

"Anyway, Hinata's opened the Vault and escaped! I don't know how, I don't know why, but it sent my dad into a panic! He started sending the security staff after her and everyone she knows, including you guys! They got to Shiki first and... they killed him..."

The Hinata Kagura she spoke of was the Vault's main doctor and scientist, and ran the clinic downstairs. Shiki was her lab assistant, and both were very friendly with the rest of the Vault residents, particularly your clique of friends. She seemed like an upstanding Vault resident... so why would she open the Vault and escape?

"He's going to go question everyone who was at that birthday party last night, and that includes the others! We have to find them before my father's men do, because I don't trust the security force!"

Then again, Amata managed to get before they did and warn you about it. You need to make a decision, and fast. You'll also need some help too, and that means getting the others awake...

As for Jessica, she could decide to either obey the Overseer and stay inside, or let curiosity take the better of her and peek out to see what the Vault's hell is going on here.

Edited by アイシア

Character: Sigurd Reginson

Dreaming around about the Vault's doors opening, moving on his sleep... those were traits that Sigurd had since his childhood, and couldn't shrug them off because he didn't knew why they appeared, but he was already accustomed to that kind of behavior. But, while those two were somewhat pleasant traits, there was another one. One a bit too... unpleasant.

He acts on a weird way when he's annoyed when sleeping. Like, a berserk way. And the usual victim of his rampage is his alarm clock.

"What the hell!?"-He shouted, jumping out of the bed, ready to smash to pieces whatever-comes-across-him-"Who's making that much damn noise!?"

Roy Hiro

"The Vault.....has been opened? That's kinda bad for most of us but....Ah nevermind..." Roy once heard stories of birds and butterflies eventually grow old enough to get out of their shelters. Maybe this was the time? He doesnt really know for sure. For now, he could only follow the flow until something happens. He never saw the outside world....Some say it's pretty, others say its ugly. The history books couldnt tell him what had actually happened. With this, he then talked lightly... "Meh...all that just for the sake of one person? I dont wanna die here though....So I reckon we need to survive..." For him...he knows that his swordsmanship will be useful here....especially with the shinai that he brings. However, his shinai hides a weapon that he hasnt yet revealed....and is possibly illegal.

Edited by Kira Hiroyuki

Noah Caswell

"Oh. ...Shit man." He groaned and scratched his head, urgency slowly poking through the morning haze that permeated his mind. Admittedly, Amata's constant yelling and shaking was having some effect and he slowly wobbled to his feet with a groan. "Okay, okay. Got it. It's all good. I'm alive. And I need to escape. I knew that party was a bad idea. I shouldn't have puked on the Overseer. ...Wait someone opened the Vault? Hinata escaped? And they killed Shiki? Wow. That uh...that really sucks."

He was still a bit out of it. It's not like life-changing events like this happened on a daily basis. Hell, the last time something like this happened was...never! That was even better. Now he had nothing to refer to. No childhood memories to tell him what to do, just like how he learned that girls really hated it when you put bugs in their hair. He grinned a bit. Good times. "Anyway, I guess that means I have to. Damn security forces. Where are my donuts? Maybe I can distract them."

He rummaged around his bed to find a pack of old donuts and wrinkled his nose. "On second thought...uh, yeah let's just scoot."

He looked to see the others, some of which were already awake. "HEY DOUCHEBAGS, WE SHOULD LEAVE BEFORE WE'RE MURDERED IN A GRISLY DISPLAY OF VIOLENCE. Ahem. Now where are my weapons..."

"Ah right. Amata, do you know anyone else who could help? Also give us some sort of defense? The security forces might be dumb and weak, but they have weapons. And I hate it when other people have weapons I don't have."

Edited by Terence Sharpton

Character: Dio Miharu

BGM :[M]Dream of a Black Cat

A loud sound Resound to Dio room and make him wake up from his dream. A unpleasant dream..... It was same dream he keep had from long time ago.....

"Those dream again.... why i always had that dream....."

The loud sound keep resound. and start annoying Dio. He wonder what happen until the alarm goes on. He heading out of bed, heading over towards the commotion.

"Something is not right here... I must go now...."

Edited by Dio Minato

(I figured she'd be in the same area, at the very least. At least close enough to hear gongs and the like.)

Jessica Meridian

Jessica enterred the room, still a little sleepy, but waking up quickly... or at least, not too slowly.

"Wait, someone's lost outside? I'd love to just follow orders and stay here, but what if she's in trouble?"

Jessica rubbed her eyes, as if to finish waking up. The attacks thing hadn't quite registered yet, partly due to the lingering effects of sleepiness, and partly due to Jessica not quite believing it. Still, this was her chance to show the vault that she can live up to the family name, and she's not going to let it pass without reaching for it.

Segata Sanchiro

Segata stopped his usual training routine at the sounds of the alarms.

"Hm... What could have happened I wonder." He said to himself.

He was especially surprised that there were no instructions from the Overseer or any people of authority.

"Just as I expected. The higher ups really are useless." He said to himself as he prepared to go out to see what is happening.

Edited by Fighter Roar

Lorenzo R. Schrodinger

((If my recollection of Fallout 3 was, you get either a BB gun and a N99 Pistol...due to Lorenzo's listed as an actual Marine, albeit being a Wandering one, I say he's armed. GM can go and refute me, but I see people getting shinai already. @__@;; ))

Lorenzo got that bit. He reached under his bed, and grabbed the holster containing his standard issue N99 Pistol from the space between the frame and mattress. He put socks on and his boots, before placing the holster on his belt. Unlike the other security blokes, he kept his weapon. Unlike him though, they were always on duty, and were not only armed, but armored. He unholstered the weapon, pulled the slide to chamber a round, and holstered it again.

"Okay...I'm ready...I guess."

[OOC: Lol, you can have your shinais and guns, but that isn't going to really work in the context of battle - most if not all of your battles will involve mecha anyway.]

Amata Narumiya

Amata reached into her pocket and tossed a few keys at Noah. "Here... it's not much, but I managed to snag a few keys to the Ironman units nearby. It's not much, but you're all decent at Killball... so you should be able to make something out of it. I'm going to go out and distract my father's men and make sure that they don't try to find you. Try and gather the guys nearby, and give them some keys too, they're going to need it!"

With that, Amata ran back out of the room to intercept security. The others, Jessica, Dio, Segata and Sigurd, were in a nearby sector, roughly a few yards down the hallway and around the corner, while the door leading to the Ironman hangar was closer, but going the other way. There was a third route, but Amata was running that way, meaning that was where Security would eventually come through if she didn't stop them in time.

In a nearby sector of the vault, as soon as Jessica, Dio and Segata got out of their room, they would find that the corridor was empty, and that all the alarms were blaring and the lights were flashing red. What the heck could have happened to have caused the Vault to go haywire like this?

"Hold it right there!"

Around the corner, a female voice could be heard. It was one of the Vault's security officers!

bc61cdb106cc1e5ba12548e.jpg

She didn't seem to be armed with anything, though she did have handcuffs with her. There was nobody else in the corridor, so obviously she was referring to the three of them. But when a security officer tells you to halt, that's usually not a good sign, even if all you did was just leave your room. In the middle of an emergency when the Overseer is telling everyone via loudspeaker to stay indoors.

... And it's not helping that she's running towards them. Joy.

Sigurd for the moment was safe in the room, mostly because he was still too busy thrashing around in his sleep.

Edited by アイシア

(My bad never really tried free form of this stuff before. Guess I got to use to stuff like DnD xD.)

Segata Sanchiro

Location: Vault 101 (Just happens to be in the same hallway as the other guys when he exits his secret training room)

As Segata stepped out of his room he happened to see the female vault security officer running towards him. Little did he know that he was not the target but the three people behind him were. Unfortunately the moment she got close his Martial Artist instinct kicked in and he quickly grabbed the officer and attempted to do an efficient take down.

Edited by Fighter Roar

Roy Hiro

"Hmm....?", Roy said while looking. Then, he waited and followed Noah the minute he walks. Hearing the instructions and such, he then nodded and then said, "Alright we'll try to get to the Ironman unit". Seeing Amata leave, he then followed Noah towards the Ironman hangar. He sneaked across the place and try to not get detected. Well, in reality, he wanted to get to the Ironman first so that he can either divert attention or scare the security with the Ironman. He may also come across other people as well, so thats why he keeps his Shinai ready.

Edited by Kira Hiroyuki

(Oops, thought I'd be close enough to have some idea of what's happening in the other room.)

Jessica Meridian

Jessica stood in shock as a security officer approached, only to be taken down by Segata.

"Wait a moment! What's going on?! I don't understand any of this! What's all this about?"

At least she'd woken up...

Alexander Hughes

Alexander stepped wearily into the corridor dressed all in black, his black hair something of a mess still with several stray strands hanging infront of his eyes. He had been rudely awakened by the blaring alarms and warning announcements with little idea of what was happening, and now was faced with the image of a fellow vault dweller running at an officer. He grit his teeth before lunging forward at high speed giving a swift jab at Segata's abdomen to intercept him before he could hurt anyone "Stand down you ruffian."

Edited by Yuu Inohara

Jessica Meridian

Jessica watched, still confused as to exactly what was going on, though there was an easy way to find out.

"Umm... do you know what's going on? I heard the alarms, but... unless this guy is a criminal, I have no idea."

Edited by Alicia

Noah Caswell

"Thanks a lot, Amata! Stay safe, you hear?!" Noah said as he caught the keys in one hand. Even though he knew she wouldn't see him, he put a hand to his head in the shape of a phone, mouthing "Call me!" Smirking a bit, he pocketed the keys and wondered what his next move should be. He was a particularly good Killball player and it would have been great to just head over to the hangar immediately and yoink one of the units. Then he could stampede through the Vault going "NOAH WANT LOLI!" or something silly like that. Alas, the safety of his fellow...criminal? Were they criminals now? Well that wasn't the point. The thing was that he needed to help them.

And what better way to help them than storming through with a giant robot screaming "NOAH SMASH!"?! It was perfect! He'd give them the keys later. For now, it was KILLBALL TIME. The best part was that he was still sleepy. That was kind of like being drunk. So he got the Drunken Killball part down. And it was up to him to make it EXTREEEEME.

'This is going to be AWESOME.' He thought as he ran to the hangar. 'And remember...sneeeeaaaak.'

(OOC: Fixed it... :P)

Character: Dio Miharu

BGM :[M]

Dio just stand here silently only to watch sagara take down by a man in black

"I think today is not my day....." Dio Sighing

Dio then approach that man in black

"Hey you two... Calm down..... Were not in situation to fight each other now...."

Edited by Dio Minato

Lorenzo R. Schrodinger

((Um...Lorenzo was in the same room as Noah.))

Mecha would be great, escaping out into the wasteland would be bad without it. I mean, admit it,10mm Pistols are only good against other people. But the moment Noah had the keys, he bolted out the door,leaving Lorenzo in the room.

"Hey! Wait up!" He said, tearing after him, ignoring any security in the way. Or the fact he was waving around a pistol, yelling 'Hold up', made other security people merely move out of his way before realizing he wasn't security.

Character: Sigurd Reginson

Hearing a ruckus down on the corridors outside of the place where he was sleeping, Sigurd stood up, slowly walking towards the door, angry to be bothered during his sleep-time. Opening the dorm's door with incredible speed, he just got caught a sight of a guy, a security guard, trying to punch one of his friends. And that made him snap all over the place.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, EH!?"-He shouted, trying to punch the unsuspecting guy with sheer raw force and speed-"NOBODY TOUCHES MY FRIENDS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!"

After that, he spitted on the ground, with contempt and disappointment of the lack of sense the guard had. "What could have happened?", he questioned himself, for the guards to suddenly come here to... detain them?

Edited by Kashi the Orange-kun

Characters: Noah, Lorenzo, Roy

Given that the guards haven't really arrived at their rooms just yet, it would seem that Amata was able to redirect them somewhere else. Noah, Lorenzo and Roy managed to arrive at the hangar without much incident. However, since Lorenzo wasn't really sneaking around unlike the other two, well...

"HALT! IN THE NAME OF THE OVERSEER!"

It would seem that one of the security officers was able to get a fix on Lorenzo, and even worse, he was in one of the Vault Security Mechas! He started to stride towards him, and would soon reach out to grab him, but...

PEW PEW PEW!

A quartet of new enemies, namely two RadDopps and CoRadFighters appeared to assail the security unit!

The security unit decided that dealing with the infestation was more important, and decided to face them first. This would give the trio ample time to get in their mechas!

Well, that is, if Noah gave the other two their keys first. Otherwise, they'd have to try and hack them open.

OPEN DEPLOY! All escapees get priority and can deploy as soon as they break into their Ironmen units, but you have no sneak attack critical. Remember, you only have Ironmen units at your disposal!

Team 1

Vault 101 Security Detail x1

Max SP: 120

Attributes:

Melee: 0

Ranged: 2

Accuracy: 1

Defense: 0

Evasion: 3

Skill: 0

Skills:

Countercut: 7 AP

Countershoot: 6 AP

Critical: 10 AP

Spirit Commands:

1) Flash

2) Duty

Pilot Skills:

1) Recognition

2) Guts Lv1

Pilot Techniques:

1)

Will Gauge:

- Barrel Roll: Costs 2 Will. Gain Dodge Cost -10% and Target's Dodge Cost +20% for this turn.

- Volley: Costs 4 Will. Gain 1 additional attack phase this turn. During this attack phase you may only use [+] type attacks. You may only use this ability once per turn.

- Barrage: Costs 3 Will. One (X) or (F) type weapon on your unit has its limit increased by 25% this turn, rounded up.

- Flawless Shield: Costs 4 Will. Reduce damage by an additional -25% with shields this turn.

Vault 101 ACME™ Security Grunt

Statistics:

HP: 2000, EN: 80, Agi: 320

IS: 4, Move: G, Size: M, Rank: 1

Weapons:

[F] Melee (M)- 100 damage [+0%]

[+] Ineffectual Machine Gun- 400 damage, 10 rounds [+0%]

[+] Maybe Missile Launchers (PGSF:4)- 300 damage, 20 rounds [-25%]

[F] Delicate Iron Sword (M)- 500 damage [+0%]

Inherent Abilities:

1) ACME™ Brand

2) Countercut: Delicate Iron Sword

3) Countershoot: Ineffectual Machine Gun

4) Lightweight Armor: Damage Received +15%

IS1: First Aid Kit

IS2: First Aid Kit

IS3: Reloader

IS4: Reloader

Team 2

RadDopp x2

Statistics:

HP: 500, EN: 20, Agi: 300

IS: 4, Move: F, Size: S, Rank: 1

Weapons:

[+] Vulcan- 100 damage, 20 rounds [+40%]

[+] Missile Launcher (PG)- 500 damage, 6 rounds [+25%]

Inherent Abilities:

1) Aircraft

2) Countershoot: Vulcan

3) Dopp can't be used in space.

X) For purposes of the Fallout SC, these count as summoned units without any pilot or IS.

map-corefighter.gifFF-X7 CoRadFighter x2

Statistics:

HP: 1200, EN: 50, Agi: 200

IS: 4, Move: F, Size: S, Rank: 1

Weapons:

[+] 25mm Vulcan Gun- 200 damage, 20 rounds [+40%]

[+] Missile Launcher (PGF:6)- 300 damage, 30 rounds [+25%]

Inherent Abilities:

1) Aircraft

2) Countershoot: 30mm Vulcan Gun

3) Rapid Deployment

X) For purposes of the Fallout SC, these count as summoned units without any pilot or IS.

Edited by アイシア