Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Umbaglo

Let's Play Hybrid Heaven!

20 posts in this topic

So, I got myself a TV tuner card, and decided to record myself replaying one of my favourite RPGs of all time.

Hybrid Heaven is an interesting game, based on a somewhat unconventional battle system. However it's also one of the most linear games I've played. It's so linear it makes FF10 look like Oblivion. It gives you a minimap as you go through the zones, but it's basically a straight line.

But even with all that, I still love it, because the battle system is great. It's kind of a wrestling system, where you learn a variety of melee attacks (punches, kicks, throws,

grapple holds, etc) by having them performed on you. A more detailed description of the fighting system should be given in the second video.

Comments and questions can be posted here and I'll try to answer them.

Videos

Edited by Umbaglo

All the videos for the first "zone" of the game have now been uploaded.

so that's what Umb sounds like...

You know, it's funny. I know that recordings and stuff modulate someone's voice differently, but it really sounds to me like anything digital modulates my voice a lot more then most people I know.

Anyway, the first video of the second area is now up as well.

The end of Dr. Bross' Lab is now up, as well as the first video for the third area.

More videos of the third area are now up.

I'm saddened by how little commentary I'm getting. You all hate me!

* Umbaglo runs off and cries

I certainly don't hate you for posting this sweet, sweet LP. I have to admit that I expected you to sound different, though.

Edited by Alicia

I think I'm about halfway or so through area 3 now. I'm going to stop recording level grinding sessions because not only is fast forwarding them not saving me any filesize at all, it's just not really all that interesting. I'll do them all off-camera, which will likely start resulting in some section updates being slightly shorter then normal, such as part 12 which I uploaded earlier.

I posted the last video for area 3. There's one more sector in the area before area 4, however it's basically all cutscenes, so I'll probably be able to have the next update be that and the start of the next area.

As an interesting note, I've now gotten more playtime then my last attempted playthrough, and I'm close to the same level. Yet that playthrough is much further ahead then I am now. Must be all the level grinding.

My favorite part of this LP is seriously how often Diaz just completely disregards your intended action and does something else instead. It's just a bit of schadenfreude while knowing it's not actually hindering you a great deal, just being mildly annoying.

The second video of area 4 is now up as well. These both ended up being some fairly large sections.

The third video for area 4 is now up. Once again, it's a bit long, but it does include Johnny suffering bullet hell.

In the newest video, Johnny has reached the very bottom of the complex, and can only go up from here!

In the latest video, Johnny literally does go to the very bottom of the complex, and starts climbing back up to the top.

Edited by Umbaglo

The first video of area 6 has now been uploaded.

I had some issues with recording for a while, so as compensation I've put up 2 videos for this update.

gallery_2_2_57998.jpg

Ok, well, I'm really not getting ANYONE watching anymore, so clearly I suck at this.

But I'm not actually giving up on this LP. I'm going to finish recording it (I've got a few updates already done and uploaded), but I'm going to restart this in a few months over at Talking Time, which is a forum that a few friends of mine use for their stuff. In the meantime, all the previous links will be deactivated, as I'll be making the videos private again in preparation. If anyone happens to actually be interested in the slightest, you can check it out there when I post it up. In the meantime, check out some of the other LPs there!

Edited by Umbaglo

So, like I had said, I restarted this LP over at Talking Time. The new thread is here.