Avitar

Syndicate

125 posts in this topic

There will be an image here

Greetings fellow Simchamber Members, and welcome to the Syndicate, formally known as the Gauntlet Syndicate. The Syndicate is a small faction, compared to the other major factions on this board, with a mission statement to bring about hardy and capable players to this forum. With that said, this faction is for you if you want to learn a bit more about this forum, and get the hang of the game we play. We offer several standard items and some hardy units for you to train in, before you set out on your own. We do not require that you are committed to the faction, since we like to see successful former members doing well in other factions. If you are interested in joining, post here, and PM our faction creator Umbaglo that you are interested. Again, welcome to the Syndicate!

Membership List

[CM] Umbaglo

[VC] -

[MB] Akita Niko

[MB] Dio Minato

[MB] Lowe Refalen

[MB] Icarus

[MB] Ken Amada

Status Unknown Member>

[MB] Kite Lanford

[MB] Raven Korellian

Retired Member>

-Avitar, former VC

Rule>

-have fun (unlike me, who at times manage to not have fun)

-respect other members, and other players

-when using items/units, please be punctual and return items

-please notify the unit owner (in this case, Akita), of any PP gained on units with Sidekicks.

Links Page:

-Syndicate Storage Facility/Hangar

Edited by Akita

is there any commitment I need to undertake to join?

Nope, if you wish to join you may!

Or we can put you through the Cave of Many Tortures if you want.

Nope, if you wish to join you may!

Or we can put you through the Cave of Many Tortures if you want.

is that supposed to be like a hazing?

meh, why not....

I have no where else to go

Welcome aboard, Akita!

Well, with that, we're still officially a faction, but roll call/recruitment is still open!

I'm still around. Err, rather inactive, but I've been distracted by other things. Also, I upgraded from Win2k to XP and lost my backups of all my SC stuff. Meh. Maybe I'll just start all that stuff over with the new board. I like reboots.

Starting over... tis a shame...

Ore Sanjou!

Justice awaits for the Dusk Zone! Kamen Rider Cure Den-O!

anyone willing to fight me?

Yeah i'll take you on. Have anything in mind?

the mechs I have in posession are

Cybuster

AltEisen (about to buy)

WeiBritter

ZAKU Phantom

Temjin

If I use Cybuster, it would be a sub character.

ok

I guess I can have my new pilot do the job...

Hmm, is it a bad idea to pick a unit who's sidekick isn't even listed in the Lexicon, trying to update the sidekicks, but... are the Senshins the same for them?

There should be like a newbie training mission...

not like base defense (b/c I view Base defense more like a way to obtain your first boost of cash and pilot point)

but more in terms of fighting....

I guess you can say with experience comes this training, but when I started out, I had to look at several different threads and ask everyone more than enough questions to some what understand it...

So my proposal is a Dojo type learning center....

Like tutorial based things...

Grant it, with a different character class, there are different tactics, strategy, and ideas

but in general

example:

Enemy has initiative (b/c it's the GM training the newbie)

phase 1:

Enemy: Vulcan Cannon #1 (objective block)

Player Phase: will block ((then explain to him some types of situations where taking damage might be useful))

phase 2:

Enemy: some type of massive attack with low accuracy (objective dodge)

Player Phase: Dodge ((explain that conservind DP will save lives, and can turn battles))

phase 3:

Enemy: beam rifle (objective block with shield)

Player phase: block with shield ((tell them the unique properties of shields, and the limitations of shields))

phase 4:

Enemy: Multiple attacks which can be countercut and countershoot (objective counter cut and countershoot respectively)

Player phase: Countercut and Countershoot

and so on...

and in the end, it will be like initiating attacks, to initiating spells, skills, how to calculate damage properly, and so on....

Although I noticed a down side to this while typing, this kills time.....

And can be mundane to the newbie...

thoughts?

The idea might be doable, but I wanna take care of some business first.

First of all, here is our new offical faction roster:

Membership List

[CM] Umbaglo

[VC] Avitar

[MB] Akita_Niko

[MB] Kite Lanford

[MB] Raven Korellian

I hope noone minds that I made myself Vice Commander. I just needed to have someone filling the spot for rules sake.

Second order of business. Inferno is cluttered with items of non-active/departed memebers and all that stuff I gve to Go. I think now would be a good time to reset Inferno, or at least clean it out.

I do hope the bring the training/fighting element back into the faction. Perhaps with at least one faction battle a month. Also, feel free to ask questions, schedule battles, or ask for teammates in here.

Edited by Avitar

what do you mean by reseting?

and no objection to the VC position

and I am open to a fight whenever

... okay, here's my status report. I'm buying (and replacing) most of my computer. Sadly, I've corrupted my harddrives apparently, and lost like half of everything on them. And I may end up reformatting them whenever the stuff I ordered gets here, so I won't be active quite yet.

On the plus side, I got my monitor, a 19 inch widescreen. I'm currently browsing the web at a very large 1440 x 900 resolution.

Well, at least the videos on your new machine will look awesome.

what do you mean by reseting?

A lot of people in theie have left the faction. All their stuff needs to be deleted. Plus, everything I no longer own needs to be deleted too. On top of that, a lot of you new guys need accounts anyway. It'd probably be easier to either ask Umb to reset it, or maybe he can go in and delete all the old stuff. I'll have to ask him.

Alright guys, Inferno's been cleaned out. You can feel free to ask Umb for an account, and start adding your items in there. He'll need you to PM him a password for your account.

Also, this time around, it might make things easier if you simply added the URL to the items description in the Aresnal/Hangar instead of/in addition to adding the full description.

Edited by Avitar

can you add the url for the website again

=P -I forgot to save it

once we have everyone's item, we should organize it a lil...

Inferno has automatic organizing options. Just click on the table headers (such as Name) to sort things that way. The default is to sort by the order things were entered.