Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kashi

Lost Seraph: Aeon of Strife

6 posts in this topic

Lost Seraph: Aeon of Strife

Alone... I feel so lonely, drifting on this infinite prison of eldritch perception, surrounded by an inpenetrable cage of antimatter, a destructive ooze bleeding from the core of this enclosed space...

It's been a long time since I fell into the clutches of this bleak, dark dimension, place where everything can happen, where everyone can be god, and where everytime one lives... and dies. All at the same time, all in the same place, all-in.one, one-in-all...

Once, I was a normal human just like you and the rest: Prideful, greedy, in search of more power than one could ever achieve. This place was known since a long time, a black zone where nobody dared to get close, and all sentient life in the universe avoided. Poor fools, they were cowards, they didn't have what it taked to be a brave pilot or, as they call my kind now, an Angel Runner. Yes, I was a pilot of those machines known as Seraphs once. but now, after an eternity of time and no-time in this... "void", my mind, my body and my spirit became that of the very same machine I piloted. i don't know if that was because of an inner secret desire even I didn't know about, or due to the distortions on this weird, brave new world.

At first, I hated this horrible transformation I suffered. At first, it was like that, always trying to end my life in every imaginable possible way, without being able to do so, due to the curse of immortality this place grants to whoever gets into it. Then, after of what seemed to be aeons, I came to better understand the implications and the benefits of such a transformation. I came to know every concept, every event, every variation in the dimensional flux of the universe. In short, I became the living library that stored all the knowledge in the universe. Past, present, future... nothing was beyond my grasp. And so, as the living embodiment of Knowledge, it was necessary for me to gain a new name, so they, the small beings known as "humankind" would be able to reference when speaking with me, their new god.

Yes, my name is Sophia, the Knowledge incarnate. And I hold the knowledge of everything...

That knowledge, of times of a great war, of a millenia-long conflict between to zealous fanatical groups, who fought for total dominance of the known universe. They were apart by hundreds of light-years of distance, but they were part of the same origin, both sharing the same forefathers. And after so long, that war was over, but quickly as the flames of hell, a new conflict arose. These were now times of great acts of heroism, of shows of the blackest evil and terrible deeds. A fight for freedom, for power, for a new destiny and the control of an untold power. Times of advance, of dark secrets and love. And, in the middle of all that, one lone woman stood there, waging a one-man war against the corruption that costed the life of her fiancee, an event she did not know about, but suspected as he didn't come back from the front-lines. With the help of a mysterious Seraph, she was willing to take on the world, just to know the ill fate of the man she loved so dearly. But by uncovering that truth would have unprecedent repercutions in the entire civilization, with the revelation of the lost past and the mystery behind the unknown origins of the machines used by humankind to stage their advance.

I am the template that holds the knowledge of everything. The Akasha, the Root of the beings known as Seraphs, for I have travelled in time and evolved beyond the norm, beyond what a human is capable of being, and became into a being one step closer to God. Yes, the Seraph, those machines... they are alive... they are organic... they feel... and they beseech me to punish their suffering at the hands of humankind.

Edited by Ryu-Kashi

Lexicon of Terms

General:

Seraph: A humanoid bipedal spacecraft used by several factions for combat or civilian tasks. The Seraphs are built by Askalion, an arms manufacturing company subsidiary of the Space Military Corps. Still, while their original use was as war machines, the Seraphs were quickly adapted as mining and construction units, due to their ability to mimic the movements of their pilots (Dubbed "Angel Runners" by the populace). Still, there is a secret behind of which is the origin of the Seraphs, and how could Askalion come across such a revolutionary technology. As an added note, all Seraph (no matter if they are prototypes, secret models, custom models or mass production models) come equipped with "Float Units", large pods that cover the unit's lower leg (From under the knee up to the foot), which are online each time the Seraph is activated, making the unit to hover over the ground. When the pilot deactivates the unit, the Float Units open up and fold over, allowing the deactivated Seraph to stand on ground.

The Millenium War: The almost millenia-long war battled by the then United Earth Space Military and the now almost extinct Holy Empire of Besismir. Reasons of the war, unknown to almost everybody, only those in the top positions of both parties know of the real issue, as most information of the conflict was erased and banned from public view.

Angel Runner: A pilot of Seraphs. An Angel Runner is actually a person who is adapted at piloting a Seraph, as the unit is custom-tuned to its intended pilot to ensure a complete merge between their capabilities. This, obviously, makes impossible for other people to pilot a Seraph belonging to another person.

------

"Geography":

Orbital Base "Varan Dou": An asteroid mining satellite turned into a military base during the closing century of the Milleinium War by the Besismir Empire, floating on a geostationary orbit over the planet Kenuo, a desert-type planet famous for its crystal mines, which are refined in order to make electronic circuitry. The orbital base Varan Dou was later used by the Space Military Corps as a secret test lab in conjunction with Askalion, as a free zone where to test the new conceptual Seraph designs without being enforced by law. After the Type-ZERO revolt, the scientific and R&D zones of the base were totally wiped out, and only the military quarters and the main hull remain intact.

Space Port "New Sazin": An old military base of the United Earth Space Military, used during the Millenium War as one of their main bases to coordinate the efforts of the army stationed on that zone of the galaxy. After the conflict's end, in 7/12/02 CA, it was turned into a space port, outfitted with a new tachyon catapult, used to launch all kind of ships into hyperspace. Also, as a relix of its military past, the space port's dual catapults still function, the same as the installed perimeter weapons and defense systems, allowing Neo Sazin to turn into a fortress the time should come.

Ruins of Eldorian: A planet located on the Orion Sector of the galaxy, once a powerful and quite important colony of the Besismir Empire, which was destroyed by the "Planet Buster" battlestation during the Millenium War. Most of the planet's mass was vaporized by the superweapon, and only a few traces of it remains. The "Ruins of Eldoran", as they were later known, became a symbol of the horrors of the war, and a monument for those who perished during it. This planet of the Orion Sector, due to its destruction, is not visited by any passing ship, and now hold beneath its remaining mass the base of the Forgotten, who chose this place out of respect and as a symbol of what the Millenium War brought to all of them.

The Void: An anomaly located near the center of the galaxy, consisting in what scientists denominate an extra-dimensional zone, surrounded by an antimatter stream that twirls and bursts around the n-dimensional space. This area, due to the presence of the antimatter stream, it's difficult to cross safely, as the stream acts like a maelstrom that sucks in everything on its vicinity. Those unlucky ones to be sucked by the stream are tossed inside of the n-dimensional space... that is, if they survive the travel on the antimatter-rich stream.

The Void is, without a doubt, one of the most mysterious zones on the entire universe, as several unexplained phenomena occur inside of it. The first one being the antimatter stream itself, as its origin relies INSIDE the Void itself. Other phenomena includes the time and space perception being altered, due to the n-dimension manifold reigning on the Void being out of reach for human understanding.

Still, it is documented that every few days, an opening in the antimatter stream is formed, which grant passage into and out of the Void, without the risk of staying stranded in that zone forever.

------

Timeline:

Notes: The present era of the "Aeon of Strife" universe is known as Cosmic Aeon (CA), dates before the establishment of the CA-type calendary (After the end of the Millenium War) are marked as XX BCA (Short of Before Cosmic Aeon). Most of the dates that are from before the end of the war are forgotten, and the data regarding the events that happened at that time are largely forgotten from the databanks of civilization.

Unknown date - Circa 996 BCA: The Millenium War began. The warring groups were the United Earth Space Military (The predecessor group of the now-established Space Military Corps) and the Besismir Empire, a race of space-faring warriors that were once part of a human group that colonized their planet thousands of years ago. Mainly, battlefleet-scale fights were fought, with little to none contact between infantry armies, except when there were skirmishes in different planets for strategic positions.

Unknown date - Circa 545 BCA: Askalion Heavy Weapons Enterprise was formed, and their first weapon design for military combat was the S00-SAF-0001 Seraph Type-PROTO, the prototype Seraph and theri first manned compact-size unit. Their first field test was 2 weeks after their announcement, but it was an utter failure, as the fission powerplant used on the Seraph Type-PROTO failed and nuked the entire test site, scoring around 25000 victims, among scientists, engineers, high-rank members of the military and civilians.

Unknown date - Circa 543 BCA: The second test of the S00-SAF-0001 Seraph Type-PROTO took place, and this time, no critical failure was detected, turning the unit's test flight into a total success. The United Earth Space Military was able to get the rights for the building of a new, more efficient Seraph, equipped with up-to-date weaponry and special equipment. Several months later, the second generation Seraph K02-SVA-0002 "Malkuth", which was used by elite pilots in special missions to desestabilize the forces of the Besismir Empire, was rolled out.

27 BCA: The Planet Buster battlestation made its first test, by destroying Eldoran, an important Besismirian colony near the Orion Sector. This act developed into a full-blown scandal and the fear for the recurrent use of planetary destruction devices began to seep into the population of both warring groups. The Protocol for the Abolishment of Mass Destruction Weapons was made, which banned the use of the Planet Buster or similar technology by both parties.

1 CA: The Millenium War ended, after a truce was formed by the now-dying Besismir Empire and the war-torn United Earth Space Military. The truce established that a coalition was to be formed by both parties, in order to ensure that another war like the one recently ended will not happen again. The fusion of both the Besismir Empire and the United Earth Space Military created what is now known as the Space Military Corps. The assessments of loss of civilian and military lives alike, the loss of infraestructure and materials was astronomical, ensuring the quick and peaceful settlement of the conflict.

4 CA: The Askalion Heavy Weapons Enterprise started the Brandisher Project, enlisting the help of several promising scientists and physicists. The B00-ASK-4865 Brandisher Type-ZERO escapes from the Orbital Base "Varan Dou". The story begins.

------

Organizations:

Universal Arms Manufacturing Company "Askalion": An arms manufacturing enterprise with a rather spectacular grow, with factories on many planets around the Milky Way, that deals with the development and construction of high-end technology. Their biggest and most prominent success was the development of the Seraph units, which are nowadays used in almost every aspect of normal interstellar life. They are also known because of their delving in several strange phenomena and their possible technological application, as a way to further tehri own growth as a monopoly.

Space Military Corps: A joint peace-keeping force created by the fusion of the United Earth Space Military and the Holy Empire of Besismir's Crusader Army, after the end of the Millenium War. While the Space Military Corps include also several other nations, those two are the most prominent members, and those who hold most of the power inside of the group. Their function is to ensure that galactic peace is kept and to avoid another "Millenium War" from happenning.

The Forgotten: A group of rebels discontent with the rapid growth of the Space Military Corps and their almost tyrannical hold on several planets of the galaxy. Created on 2 CA, the Forgotten is mostly comprised of exiled members of various planets, refugees from destroyed colonies during the last century of the Millenium War and various sectors of both the United Earth Space Military and the Besismir Empire who were against the formation of the Space Military Corps. While they rely on borderline terrorist methods to spread their message, they nontheless target known Space Military Corps' officers that are known because of their corruption but couldn't get punished due to their position.

------

Technology and Science:

High-Frequency Equipment: The first military technology who was to be applied in civilian modern life. The high-frequency technology works by making a metallic plate (Often with a sharp edge) resonate at very high frequencies by applying an electrical current on it, which generates a constant kinetic wave, boosting the cutting abilities of the metallic plate. At first, these weapons generated an almost ear-shattering ring, but modern equipments are silent, except when cutting through an object, producing a low humming noise as the blade goes through the target.

Harmonic Resonance: By combining two resonance waves of equal strenght but opposite polarization, a special vibration on a surface is achieved, with the ability to transmit that resonance effect to another object, slowly ripping it apart with the wave. This is used in military technology to build bladed weapons capable to cut through anything, as this technology makes use of cheaper materials when compared to the more expensive energy-coated weapons. As there are very few harmonic resonance-resistant materials that exist in great quantities, most of the time this technology is phased off by the more mundane but less durable high-frequency technology.

Vibro-Edge Technology and its Military Usage: The latest technology in melee combat and, incredibly enough, one of the cheapest ones. Vibro-edge technology is made by the fusion of both a solid blade and two energy emitters, which creates a magnetically coated plasma outer edge over the solid blade, boosting the cutting power and armor and barrier penetration of the weapon. Also, the weapon can be used on its "Solid Mode" only, as a way to conserve energy for later use.

Tachyon Technology: "A Tachyon is a hypothetical subatomic particle that moves faster than light. In the language of special relativity, a tachyon is a particle with space-like four-momentum and imaginary proper time. A tachyon is constrained to the space-like portion of the energy-momentum graph. Therefore, it cannot slow down to subluminal speeds." Extract from the Wikipedia Article about tachyons.

The use of tachyon-based military technology on units smaller than a battleship is banned, due to its role during the last three years of the Millenium War. Still, it's application in spacecrafts (Both Seraphs and battleships alike) makes possible for the increase in comercial exchange, as the tachyon boosters incresae the overall speed of a craft manyfold, greatly reducing the time that takes to travel to far places of the universe.

Even so, the potential usage of tachyons is still very high and promising, as several new applications of its use are developed every day, turning the particle into a gold mine of knowledge.

Antimatter and its Military Usage: Normally, the use of antimatter is restricted to very few technologies and scientific branches. This stems because of the already perceived lack of utility the antimatter has as a viable energy source for mundane, everyday technology. But, while it's use is limited, the applications it has in military, weapon development programs and defensive technologies is enormous. By harnessing the ability antimatter has to disrupt through normal barriers and alloy armors makes it a valuable asset in weapons, but this ability comes with a cost: First, the weapon requires high amounts of energy to generate and direct the antimatter stream towards an enemy, and second, the antimatter stream limits the useful life of the weapon, because it slowly breaks apart the molecular bonds on the weapon's own structure.

n-Dimensional Space (Extra-Dimensional Zone): "In mathematics, an n-dimensional space is a topological space whose dimension is n (where n is a fixed natural number). The archetypical example is n-dimensional Euclidean space (En), which describes Euclidean geometry in n dimensions. n-dimensional spaces with large values of n are sometimes called high-dimensional spaces." Extract from the Wikipedia Article about n-dimensional spaces.

Simply put, an n-dimensional space is a zone of our four-dimension universe (The three space dimensions and the time dimension) where the number of dimensions is higher or lower than 4 (n =/= 4). In these zones (Specially those with a higher n), the laws of physics known by man are, to put it in a simple and understandable way, pretty much screwed and distorted, allowing for incredible feats of god-like level, such as bypassing the second thermodynamic law and many other principles known by man. The abstract concepts closest to the things one can do in an n-dimensional space are "magic" and "miracles".

Edited by Ryu-Kashi

Characters:

General Data:

Name: Tessa Lancaster

Other Data:

Physical Appearance: Long, fiery-red hair, tied in two ponytails. Her eyes are amber gold, gleaming with a strange, but endearing, light. She's 1,65 meters tall and weights 52 kg.

Personality: Calm and composed, Tessa prefers to analyze the environment and the situation before taking a decision of what to do. She's, by turn, incapable of getting angry, unless the events are beyond her grasp and comprehension. Ironically, she developed a good relationship with Nikolai, the AI of her Seraph, due to the similarities between it and her lost fiancee Nikolai Morgan.

Seraph: Brandisher Type-ZERO, Brandisher Type-NEO

Edited by Ryu-Kashi

Brandisher Type-ZERO

Background: Unit B00-ASK-4865 of the "Brandisher Project", created by Askalion in cooperation with the Space Military Corps as a way to build a next-generation all-purpose Seraph, that could be used either for civilian tasks or military operations. Several secrets exist behind the development of the Brandisher series, especially when it comes to their high-profile AIs, each with different personality traits and all of them having the same ability to manipulate the Seraph's frame with an universal tuning process, which grants any Angel Runner the ability to pilot the Brandisher. Still, the Brandisher Type-ZERO was the first of its kind, with its building process ending the 2/7/0004 AW, so no other unit posses the capabilities the Brandisher Type-ZERO has.

While it can perform very well on civilian tasks, the Brandisher Type-ZERO was specifically built to be used as a fighter unit, and so it was outfitted with top-class military equipment, such as tachyon-using technologies as the versatile Tachyon Engine and weapon systems that make use of harmonic resonance to efficiently destroy an opponent. Also, it's light and slender frame makes it able to perform nimble and fluid movements, helping with the task to avoid any kind of damage with the use of a tachyon booster on its back, which grants to the Brandisher Type-ZERO a sub-light propulsion speed.

Two days after it was built, the unit (Still unmanned) activated itself and escaped from the "Varan Dou" Orbital Base, after destroying the entire Askalion's R&D sector. It's path: the planet Kenuo, where a person by the name of Tessa Lancaster was living. After landing on her backyard, and with the Space Military Corps on its track, the Brandisher's AI called the girl, ordering her to jump into the cockpit or she would die on the skirmish that would ensue there.

The demise of the Brandisher Type-ZERO would come after two months of struggle when, during an hyperspace battle against the whole Brandisher Series that was still under the control of Askalion, it was shot down with its pilot Tessa over the Ruins of Eldoran. At that time, it was recovered by the Forgotten, a group of rebels fighting against Askalion, and rebuilt as the Brandisher Type-NEO.

Technical Data:

-Type: Seraph

-Height: 15.7 meters

-Weight: 5.1 metric tons

-Pilot: Tessa Lancaster

-Pilot Accomodation: Full-view cockpit on chest area, over engine.

-Developer: Universal Arms Manufacturing Company Askalion

-Propulsion: Tachyon Boosters. Back-Mounted.

-Powerplant: Tachyon Engine, on chest area.

Weapons:

-Missile Pods: On the Brandisher's shoulders, a set of eight-tubed missile launchers were installed, loaded with 32 warheads each. These missiles lack a guiding system, which makes them travel on a linear pattern.

-High-Frequency Claws: The retractable claws of the Brandisher Type-ZERO are capable of resonating at incredible speeds, allowing them to cut through most materials with ease.

-Harmonic Gunblade [Gun]: A combination between a metallic sword and a gun, which makes use of the harmonic resonance process to fire an armor piercing bullet at high speeds. Despite the outlandish feel it gives, the process used is quite simple, as the harmonic resonance detonates the propellant, which pushes the bullet out of the barrel.

-Shock Cannons: A pair of wrist-mounted energy cannons, which fire a stream of electric-charged particles at high speeds towards an enemy. These streams are, due to their electric nature, capable of paralyzing an enemy on contact.

-Harmonic Gunblade [Melee]: The secondary mode of the Harmonic Gunblade, in which the Gunblade is used as a cutting melee weapon. The very same harmonic resonance that is used to fire the "gun mode" is also used to power the blade, granting to it an incredible cutting edge that basically disrupts the molecular makeshift of the intended target. This could be translated in that the gunblade has the ability to cut through literally every single material in the whole universe, except those that are naturally resistant to harmonic resonance.

-Motion Spur Cannon: The backbone weapon of the Brandisher Type-ZERO, consisting on powering a wave cannon with several consecutive harmonic resonances, which are used to fire a powerful sonic blast shaped as a beam. The Motion Spur Cannon is, nonetheless, a double-edged weapon, as while the multiple harmonic resonances grant it a great power, it also destroys the weapon's barrel, limiting its use at three consecutive attacks before needing maintenance.

Systems:

-Nikolai: The AI of the Brandisher Type-ZERO and, later, the Neo Brandisher. Nikolai (The name imposed to it by Tessa, because it reminds her of her deceased boyfriend Nikolai Morgan) is a neural AI programmed with highly advanced routines, similar to those possesed by a human brain. This turns Nikolai into a highly adaptive AI, capable of adjusting the Brandisher to its curent pilot all by itself, which is the reason it's so pursued by the Askalion secret forces and the Space Military Corps. The military searches for it due to its unique ability to tune with any Angel Runner, while the motives for which Askalion searches for Nikolai and the Brandisher are more obscure, relating to the origins of the Brandisher Program.

-Tachyon Jump: By generating an hyperspace bubble completely made of tachyon particles, the Brandisher can move at speeds higher than those of light, allowing for travels to distant places in a short time. This is mainly used as a defensive system, to evade incoming attacks by teleporting to a different location instantly.

-Tachyon Field: A barrier field made entirely of tachyon particles, which accelerate any kind of attacks past the Brandisher, without causing damage to the unit. The amount of damage negated this way is theoretically infinite, only limited by the amount of energy the Brandisher can use on the Tachyon Field.

-Tachyon Absorber Over-System: A failproof system used to ensure that the Brandisher doesn't tun out of energy. The Tachyon Absorber Over-System is automatically activated each time the Brandisher makes a Tachyon Jump, in order to absorb the free-floating tachyon particles to replenish the Tachyon Engine and boosting the damage capabilities of all the unit's weapons. While this technology isn't unheard of, it's the first time it was applicated on a small-size unit (Smaller than a battleship, of course).

Edited by Ryu-Kashi

Brandisher Type-NEO

Background: The logical step beyond the schematics stored on the AI computer banks of the Brandisher Type-ZERO, and designed by Nikolai itself, as a way to boost the areas which are the strong points of Tessa's combat style. The Forgotten, those who rebelled against Askalion and the Space Military Corps, were the ones who started the salvage and reconstruction process of the Brandisher Type-ZERO, after it was turned into a mangled pile of trash by the Brandisher Type-MP series.

The Brandisher Type-NEO, as a concept, relies in the strategic use of guerrilla warfare, of dealing fast and precise strikes to the enemy, retiring after each attack in order to confuse the enemies on the battlefield. This, ergo, is done by making use of a refined version of the Tachyon Jumper technology of the former unit, now reconstructed and boosted to enhance its performance as a way to make a more efficient use of the capabilities of the Seraph. But, not only the Brandisher Type-NEO depends on the tachyon jumps, as it's booster units were also reverse-engineered and modified in accordance to the plans of Nikolai, rising the propulsion speed of the unit and also its movement abilities, making it a nimbler and faster unit that moves like a blur around the battlezone.

Just like its frame schematics, the weapons of the Brandisher Type-NEO were also heavily improved. No longer sporting the limits of the solid weapons breaking apart due to the harmonic waves, the new gunblade of the Seraph makes use of the breakthrough technology of Vibro-Edge equipment, not only enlarging the lifespan of the weapon, but also increasing its attack power tenfold. Also, the rest of the weapons were updated, and new additions were made. One of those is the non-traditional use of the tachyon Wing System to fire bolts of high-speed energy towards all the enemies, raining down destruction around the entire zone.

While the Brandisher Type-NEO was still being built, Askalion got hold of the information of the place where this was happening, so it sent once again the Brandisher Type-MP series, so to finish the incomplete mission. But, while they were able to destroy the original Brandisher due to their sheer numbers, the Brandisher Type-NEO even at 87% of its construction (complete Main Frame with only the Vibro-Edge Gunblade as a weapon) was able to utterly annihilate them in a few minutes. This bolstered the confidence of both the pilot and the rebels, as they had in their hands a weapon that oculd overthrow the corrupt top echelon of Askalion, residing in a space fortress located in the Void. This was, of course, the new destination of Tessa and Nikolai.

When they got there, delving inside of the distorted anomaly, they were received with an army of thousands of MP Brandishers, which were this time harder to fight due ot the perceived inability of Tessa to adapt in time to the rules of the Void's n-Dimensional Space. After a time of no-time (Nobody is sure if several seconds, several minutes or several hours passed since the start of the battle), the heavily battered Brandisher Type-NEO was able to overcome the enormous army, and now ready for its last challenge: The fight against the Lost Seraph, Sophia.

Technical Data:

-Height: 14.8 meters

-Weight: 3.74 metric tons

-Pilot: Tessa Lancaster

-Pilot Accomodation: Full-view cockpit on chest area, over engine.

-Developer: The Forgotten

-Propulsion: Tachyon Boosters. Back-Mounted. Tachyon Wing System, installed on shoulders.

-Powerplant: Tachyon Engine, on chest area.

Weapons:

-Dual Autogun: On the chest of the Neo Brandisher, two machineguns were installed, which are used to shoot down solid projectiles.

-Spark Bombs: two grenade-like spheres stored on the hips of the Neo Brandisher. These bombs, when detonated, create a strong electrical shockwave, which fries the circuitry of an enemy.

-Cluster Missiles: An upgrade to the old missile pods of the Type-ZERO, which increase the amount of payload loaded on the shoulder racks up to ten, and also replacing the old warheads with micromissile-bearing cluster rockets, which fire their own load against an enemy.

-High-Frequency Energy Claws: As a way to ensure that the claws of the Brandisher will last during combat (So as they don't break apart due to increased strain), the Forgotten configured them to be made of energy particles tightly dispersed in a small area. This structure also gives them a crystal-like appearance which can be used to further rise their cutting power by generating high-frequency waves that make them vibrate at high speeds.

-Vibro-Edge Gunblade [solid]: Because the use of harmonic resonance technology on a weapon reduces its life expectancy time, the Harmonic Gunblade of the Type-ZERO was replaced with a newer dual-barreled gunblade, which uses both a solid blade with vibro-edge technology and two beam emitters. The Solid Long-Range Mode of the gunblade, in this case, is used to fire an explosive bullet towards an enemy, using a magnetic wave to rapidly propel the bullet.

-Vibro-Edge Gunblade [Melee]: The Solid Melee Mode of the Vibro-Edge Gunblade. This mode makes use of the solid blade of the weapon, to cut through enemies and objects alike. While the Vibro-Edge technology is weaker than the harmonic resonance, this is, in turn, inocuous to the weapon's molecular structure, allowing it to sport a higher life expectancy.

-Vibro-Edge Gunblade [Energy]: The Energy Long-Range Mode of the Vibro-Edge Gunblade, which fires a beam made of superheated plasma from one of the barrels of the weapon. This mode, obviously, has a higher strenght than the Solid Long-Range Mode, due to not relying on the use of solid ammo.

-Tachyon Blaster: The replacement of the Shock Cannons of the Brandisher Type-ZERO. These palm-mounted spheres are connected directly to the Tachyon Engine of the Brandisher Type-NEO, boosting their power and range, while still working on a similar basis to the Shock Cannons.

-Brandisher Warp Combo: A "simple" skill shown by Tessa during her combats, consisting in doing random warps around an enemy, attacking it with the gunblade before jumping to another place to repeat the process. While simple, it can be quite devastating if all the damage is piled up.

-Vibro-Edge Gunblade [Over-Edge]: The final and strongest mode of the Vibro-Edge Gunblade, consisting in opening the beam emitters, generating a giant blade of plasma that has enough power to cut through a battleship and cleave it in half without trouble. This weapon, while it drains a lot of energy, compensates it with its power and its surprisingly high accuracy.

-Wave Motion Cannon: The strongest weapon of the Brandisher Type-NEO, which is a handheld cannon that fires a continuous beam of harmonic waves-powered plasma, capable of penetrating any kind of armor or barrier without problem. This weapon's drawback is that it completely drains the Seraph's engine, limiting its use to only one shot before needing a recharge.

MAP Weapons:

-Destructo-Rain: A non-standard use to the Tachyon Wing System, consisting in overloading it with energy, producing far more tachyons that the system would be able to support. The excess particles, as a result, are fired as several hundreds bolts of energy, piercing at very high speeds all the units located in the zone in front of the Brandisher Type-NEO.

Systems:

-Nikolai: The AI of the Brandisher Type-ZERO and, later, the Neo Brandisher. Nikolai (The name imposed to it by Tessa, because it reminds her of her deceased boyfriend Nikolai Morgan) is a neural AI programmed with highly advanced routines, similar to those possesed by a human brain. This turns Nikolai into a highly adaptive AI, capable of adjusting the Brandisher to its curent pilot all by itself, which is the reason it's so pursued by the Askalion secret forces and the Space Military Corps. The military searches for it due to its unique ability to tune with any Angel Runner, while the motives for which Askalion searches for Nikolai and the Brandisher are more obscure, relating to the origins of the Brandisher Program.

-Tachyon Jump: By generating an hyperspace bubble completely made of tachyon particles, the Brandisher can move at speeds higher than those of light, allowing for travels to distant places in a short time. This is mainly used as a defensive system, to evade incoming attacks by teleporting to a different location instantly.

-Tachyon Field: A barrier field made entirely of tachyon particles, which accelerate any kind of attacks past the Brandisher, without causing damage to the unit. The amount of damage negated this way is theoretically infinite, only limited by the amount of energy the Brandisher can use on the Tachyon Field.

-Tachyon Absorber Over-System: A failproof system used to ensure that the Brandisher doesn't tun out of energy. The Tachyon Absorber Over-System is automatically activated each time the Brandisher makes a Tachyon Jump, in order to absorb the free-floating tachyon particles to replenish the Tachyon Engine and boosting the damage capabilities of all the unit's weapons. While this technology isn't unheard of, it's the first time it was applicated on a small-size unit (Smaller than a battleship, of course).

-Tachyon Wing System: The new addition to the Tachyon Boosters, which enhance the already impressive speed of the Brandisher-Type NEO to new and untold levels. The Tachyon Wing System works, as it name would imply, by creating a thin layer of tachyons in the shape of angelic wings, which are used to exponentially increase the movement and reaction speed of the Seraph equipped with this system.

Edited by Ryu-Kashi

Brandisher Type-MP

Background: After the utter failure with the Brandisher Type-ZERO and its escape from the Askalion's scioentific facilities, the company scraped their original designs for the mass-produced variants of the Seraph, as they believed that the AI had something to do with the machine's revolt. Thereby, Askalion built 99 Seraphs using a different approach to the matter, erasing any trace of memory from the Seraphs' AIs, and outfitting them with lower quality equipment, as compared to the original plans.

Still, while having a poor performance when compared to the data of the Type-ZERO, the 99 Brandisher Type-MP are elite machines used for special military operations, with great versatility (A characteristic the original Brandisher didn't have, as it was ocnsidered unimportant) and ability to use many different weapons, all due to their adaptive hardpoints, a series of 6 hardpoints in different parts of the Seraphs' bodies, with the ability to graft weapons in them.

The 99 machines, while grossly underpowered in one-on-one fights against the Type-ZERO, were able to bring down the powerful Seraph, due to their high numbers and strategical advantage. This, while could be considered as a victory for Askalion, as the Brandisher Type-ZERO ceased to exist, was actually the foreshadowing of their demise, as the Forgotten got ahold of the remains of the unit, rescuing its pilot and rebuilding the Type-ZERO into the new and even more powerful Neo Brandisher.

Technical Data:

-Height: 12.81 meters

-Weight: 3.75 metric tons

-Pilot: ---

-Pilot Accomodation: Cockpit on chest area, over engine.

-Developer: Universal Arms Manufacturing Company Askalion

-Propulsion: Sub-light Thrusters. Back-Mounted.

-Powerplant: Hybrid Reaction Engine, on chest area.

Weapons:

-Missile Pods: The same missile system used by the Brandisher Type-ZERO was installed on the MP series of the Brandisher Project. Their functionality is exactly the same, with no added or removed characteristics. Each missile pod comes loaded with eight missiles per hardpoint.

-Cracker Grenades: Two Seraph-use fragmentation grenades, that explode after a few seconds have passed since they were activated. When they explode, the Cracker Grenades launch several titanium beads around the place, puncturing everything on its path. Two Cracker Grenades can be equipped per hardpoint.

-High-Frequency Sword: A compound blade, created by combining an inner hollow frame core made of diamond covered with layers of reinforced steel, this weapon is able to operate at modular speeds to variably enhance its cutting power. At the lowerst output, it act as a common solid blade, but if the high-frequency is at the maximum, then it's more akin as a vibrating chainsaw.

-Positron Rifle: By redirecting an array of positrons with the use of a strong magnetic field, a long-range weapon can be made, having it enough strenght to pierce through barriers, as the positrons disintegrate the particles that form a barrier. A Positron Rifle can be equipped per hardpoint.

-Positron Blaster: A stronger version of the Positron Rifle, which acts more as a heavy-duty demolition weapon. The damage caused by this weapon is roughly three times higher than that of the Positron Rifle, but its energy cost is raised likewise. A Positron Blaster can be equipped per hardpoint.

-Antimatter Wave Cannon: Due to the Brandisher Type-ZERO revolt, the plans for the construction of several Motion Spur Cannons for Bransisher Type-MP use were delayed, as the blueprints for every weapon used on the Type-ZERO were mysteriously deleted. Due to that, a heavy-power self-fed Antimatter Wave Cannon was issued for each of the 99 Type-MP units. The Antimatter Wave Cannon, as its name implies, can fire a wave of antimatter, used to penetrate the defenses of the target, causing great damage on its structure. Due to the instability of antimatter particles, great amounts of energy are required, besides from the fact that the barrel needs to cool down after each shot. The Antimatter Wave Cannon use a hardpoint when equipped.

Systems:

-Adaptive Hardpoints: The Brandisher Type-MP are, opposite of the Brandisher Type-ZERO, a type of unit built specifically with versatility in mind, as a way to ensure that its capable of doing any kind of task and mission flawlessly. In order to do it, the Type-MP has six hardpoints in different parts of its body, which are used to graft the required equipment for each mission.

Edited by Ryu-Kashi