Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terence Sharpton

The Hakurei Shrine

159 posts in this topic

Alright. So I've got Terence and ShadowKnight, and Shinki when I see her next. I don't think Imban or Shingro need training fights, but the can certainly try to trash me. :D

Okay, just as a heads up, later on when most of us have trained our units a bit and have better-than-novice pilots, I wanna try organizing an inter-faction free-for-all. Think about it. It's like the contest to see who's best in Gensokyo...In SimChamber. It'll be ULTIMATE. So, just seeing if there are any people interested at the moment.

You mean PoFV Free-For-All?

...that'd be insane. Anyway, sure, I'd be interested. Just...give me a bit, it'll probably take me awhile to train my main pilot into something relatively good. :P

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Since we're all in the same faction, we all have semi-shared equipment. That is, we can ask to borrow items freely. I've linked to my AM in my sig, and while I may not have a good selection of units to choose from, feel free to borrow items as you need them. Just ask me first.

Okay, I've decided I'm bored with being a pirate and would like to get in on some fresh and yummy reimu clan action. Sign me up?

as for Training: I'm always up for a PA fight, just PM me in the channel or poke me on the boards, I'll match your pilot's UP total too if possible so you won't get stomped with super-SP people =P

Welcome Daki :D

speaking of training fights, I could use a bout to start training up my organoid. If anyone's got a 3-4 is unit I could borrow to do it, I'd be most grateful.

Of my units, I have Dunbine, Teradyne, Salan, Neuholt, Gundam mk.II, Buldy, and Baybull.

Hey guys, I'm going to be away for a bit. In the meantime, I'm giving the faction 30,000 in which to do faction-like stuff.

Go host an event, R&D some units, further your gains, and become something people will remember. It'll take a bit of work, but if you all work with each other, it'll become something grand.

Anyways, I'm going to leave it to Tythanin (Terence) to split the money up, since it's his faction.

Wow...Thanks a lot, Regris. Dunno what to say, except hope you come back? We'll be looking forward to your return. Yeah. Good luck with everything you do!

And I better set up the faction's CD. Any suggestions for our first event?

Nyooooo ;.; Every time I hit up a faction, the people I follow dissapear on me... and you already did that once, reggy! You gosta stay, or I get to put a collar on youse! ^.^ Hope ya come back soon

There is no activity and that saddens me slightly. Since we're new and stuff (at least in terms of new faction), we should try to do at least something awesome with the money Regris left us. Some obvious choices are a tourney (but we already have one), a interfaction free-for-all (that might be interesting to see), R & D something Touhouish (probably not that likely and MechDev isn't open yet), or grab a couple of mechs for the faction to be able to use at any time.

I'm personally going for the mech/item route. It'd always be nice knowing you have a reserve of units you could dip into sometime and since everyone in the faction can use them, I imagine getting EVO points for some mechs could be faster too.

Well, for starters, I think we could all use a pimped out ride like CAKEship. Perhaps we could mechdev a Touhou style bullet hell spaceship with the money we got? I've got some moral objections to mechdeving myself, but if anyone else thinks this is a good idea, I'd be more than happy to discuss it further. ^.^

Hehehe, that would be fun to make, so I'm interested. I don't see how we'd get anything Touhouish past the moderators, though...Unless we just make the weapons danmaku-style or something.

Yeah, we seem a tad dead right now...and I think the best we can do in terms of Mech Deving is making Touhou-like weapons. Not entirely sure, though, since I've never done any of that kind of stuff.

Right now, I think we should have a fight of some sort to start things off. Nothing too fancy, just a down and dirty fight with danmaku...or Hong Meiling-styled martial arts.

Oh, it's simple, lots of weak multi hits and crazy tdc modifiers, magic themed, and shaped like a chibi Reimu head! >=D

Sadly, I'm working 40 hours a week and going to school 25, so... um... I'm dead ^^' I'll post more on my thoughts later.

Any other ideas on T.O.U.H.O.U.'s first custom mech? Because I want to open up a MechDev thread for the whole faction (which anyone can post in if they have a good idea for a "This is our faction and we can kick ass!" mech). If anything, I can come up with something myself, but I'm pretty loaded for the rest of this week (and maybe next week too...), so that may be a little difficult. Anyway, if you have an idea for a faction mech, pelase post it here so we can all see it and chip in any extra ideas or anything. Since I want others to actually recognize this faction as a viable competitor (oh, and I want to kick people's asses with a giant battleship named Gensokyo).

Lawl, doublepost.

Anyway, since we still haven't done anything with the money Regris graciously gave us, I'm holding T.O.U.H.O.U.'s first funded tournament and trying to garner up some interest. In the style of "Hey, this hasn't happened yet.", the tourney is going to be a Rank 3 or lower tournament (you should have one, considering it's a freaking milestone for buying one mech). Anyway, I hope you all join in for the fun and support the faction!

Oh, and the MechDev thread has opened as well. I want to make something that'll be distinctive, so I thought the first thing we should make is a giant battleship named the Yin-Yang Orb. If anyone else has any other suggestions, then I'll be happy to listen to them. Also, any suggestions for weapons would also be useful, since I don't want to make this seem like I'm the only one designing these things. Remember, the MechDev thread is for all of us in the faction, so each of you can submit your own Touhou/danmaku themed mechs!

That's enough from me, so good luck in your battles and let's make T.O.U.H.O.U. the best faction EVAR.

A Touhou mech? We could try making that tank that one of the Touhou 1-5 characters use. Forgot her name at the moment, though. Anyway, I don't really have any idea what I want to do for a Touhou mech. And I don't have money anyway. :/ For weapons, snowballs, lasers, needles, and what else was there?

Maybe we can call the thread Eirin's Lab or something.

Seeing as I haven't really been able to check anything out this week(due to computer problems), I guess you already did it.

Edited by ShadowKnight

A Touhou mech? We could try making that tank that one of the Touhou 1-5 characters use. Forgot her name at the moment, though. Anyway, I don't really have any idea what I want to do for a Touhou mech. And I don't have money anyway. :/ For weapons, snowballs, lasers, needles, and what else was there?

It doesn't actually have to be a mech that's specifically geared towards Touhou (although that's the general idea). We can make any type of danmaku robot we want or just make something original using the danmaku type of fighting (AKA a lot of (S) and (X) attacks). Oh, and since the faction is paying for these (since it's a faction MechDev), you don't need to worry about paying for the things out of your own pocket.

EDIT: Turns out Factions can't have their own MechDev threads, which sucks. -=shrug=- Oh well, I'll just have to design it in mine and use the faction funds.

Edited by Terence Sharpton

Okay, quit my job... but then my boss got antsy over the 2 weeks thing and laid me off instead. So now, I've all sorts of time ^^'

I don't like the idea of a Yin Yang orb ship myself, and on further consideration, most of the attacks would be SV and SF, with the exception of a few like the little fox summon things on Yukari. I think we should have most of the mecha be built out of mecha that have dissapeared over time throughout the SRW series, prime on this list being things like the XN Geist and... well, shite, anything shadow mirror really, modified by Rinnouske for use by the maidens in the SRW timelines. Hell, with all the cross-dimensional stuff, the SRWD villans or even the Fury on the moon could be valid mecha for changes. La Giars stuff also might be an option we could explore, and Byston Well being a cross-dimension place could easily have a few AB's yoinked through the boarders.

For the ship, I like the idea of a super modified Nadesico martian battleship that went through a chulip and never made it out. Remade for Yukari to patrol the dimensional boarders in something she could make a fancy sleeping quarters for herself, it's apperance would look to be like normal with a rose and peach colour scheme, but with an unusual string of blue ribbon all about it. The blue ribbon would be the array for the magical weapons of the Touhou universe, with runes inscribed onto them and powered by Yukari's energy.

Alot of her weapons would be dimensional attacks, and she'd probably have the ship either use a warp barrier or a distortion field that's powered up a notch. As an unusual mothership quirk, however, it wouldn't have room for any pilots other than Yukari and Ran (or maybe Ran's shikikami thing too) since the ship would mostly be yet another way for her to distance herself from the Gensokyo group.

If y'all think that sounds like a good idea, lemme know and I'll make a serious go at it.

Heh...just thought of an interesting idea. Making a Getter or a Sentai unit based on the Prismriver Sisters. Admittedly, I usually died before getting to the bosses, and then getting raped by the sisters, so I don't exactly know how they fight as a result of it.

Daki, if I understood you right, we could make a Hong Meirin Mecha based on the Soulgain...just replace the moustache with a Chugoku hat or something. >_> Also, Ran's Shikigami is Chen, which we could blame on if we wanted the battleship to be really, really fast.