Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terence Sharpton

The Hakurei Shrine

159 posts in this topic

SK, you catch on quick. =D

Did I mention commie china gal is my favorite character? ^.^ If I were to soulgain her out though... bleh, damn ban on mechdevs. I'm still itching to get my hands on some dressups for my custom robo needs. And I was giving it a little more thought, and perhaps it should be an SAMW 1 slot mothership with two options or an x attack with the shikigami. It'd be more fitting since as I recall, Yukari never hands out with them really, just send them to do their little tasks while she naps.

Well, we'd have to put up a VERY convincing argument if the MechDev mods are EVER going to stat it. In fact, I'm pretty certain Kait said he'd stab me in the face if I ever tried to make something pure Touhou. We could probably rig something using the standard danmaku style with plenty of Touhou references (thus the name of the battleship I want to make, the Spirit of Gensokyo), but getting actual characters as mecha is going to be VERY hard. I mean, Regris did it once, but he got lucky. I doubt they're going to give a break to us if we try something pure Touhou. So...Yeah, it'd have to be pretty convincing in the summary.

EDIT: Gave it a shot. Here's my MechDev submission, Spirit of Gensokyo. If you have any objections, speak them now before the MechDev mods scream out in anguish and ban my ass from MechDev. Hopefully they won't do that...

Edited by Terence Sharpton

If by some stroke of luck... Nay, if by some sheer coincidence that unit actually gets passed, I do have some ideas for a generic "Enemy alien front" kind of thing. You guys will probably like it.

Yah, that doesnae much supprise me, what with Kait and all... But we can always wait out for dressups! I'll build a whole fleet of Touhou stuff m'self ^.^ That's about all I can say on the subject. If anyone else wants to give it a try though, gimme a pm and I'll see if I can at least make it look extra pretty and appealing so that it doesnae get rejected.

Also, Reggy, if it's moonbunnies finally pissed off at earth's expansion to the stars and over their territory, I'm all for it. :wub:

You failed at keeping our board alive, we had a strong almost twice a day posting rythem going! ;.;

*kicks the thread*

Surely, there's something someone can say in here...even though we are running that tournament, anyone wanna do something T.O.U.H.O.U. specific?

Edited by ShadowKnight

Sorry! I was just busy with some stuff.

Anyway, for the moment, read Avi's Faction Wars topic. All our fights will matter a lot more and if we somehow manage to take the top, then the prizes are totally worth it for us, especially since a lot of us are new. So stay smart, pick fights you know you'll probably be able to win, and make sure no one tries to wrangle you into a one-sided battle! Good luck, stay strong, and let's get T.O.U.H.O.U. out there!

As for faction-related activities, we can have a faction fight and you can retheme your mechs in order to represent Touhou characters and have the attacks be spellcards or attacks. Winner will get a part of the faction funds and also the honor of deciding T.O.U.H.O.U.'s next event! Probably there'll be some limits to make sure it's fair, but I'll be looking forward to that!

Anyway, that's my report! Touhou forever!

Oy, oy, come on people! We've gotta look alive! First of all, I need to see if any of your are willing to participate in the faction wars (cause if you're not interested, you have to say Friendly Match or else your results will get added to our score). Come on, we have to show everyone that we can do something besides hold an event.

Also, our faction funds are still full of cash, considering we haven't actually spent any of it yet. So, as a way to increase activity AND perhaps get more people to join, I'm going to hold a small contest that's faction only. MechDev something, anything, that could be featured in a danmaku game or basically any type of top-down shooter. It doesn't have to be all X attacks or S or anything like that. I just want to see something that has a good storyline, plot background, and nice weapon list. If you make it and get it approved, the faction will foot the bill. You can do it however you want. I won't put a limit on how many people do this, since there's like...only five members in this faction, but it's something to increase activity. Good luck and remember to graze! It gives you more points.

EDIT: Since this has never been touched on before, I'm going to make this post show whatever items are available to everyone else. AKA, a guild AM within this tiny little post. All the items will be in my AM, but they're part of the faction and thus you can use them whenever you wish.

1 Supplemental GS Ride (Being Used by Terence Sharpton)

If you have any suggestions as to what else we need, post and tell me so I can use the faction funds to buy it.

How about a Mechdev collaboration? As in, all of us work on a Mechdev? Unfortunately, I haven't tried developing my own unit yet, so I don't really think I'll be doing all that well. (Actually, I'm making one, but that's for the Amalgam contest. It's probably going to suck, but I think the concept is funny, so I'm going ahead with it anyway.)

Also, do we know if we have any access to anyone else's items? I don't have very many mechs or items, but if you need a specific item to use, run it across me.

We can borrow items and mechs from anyone else.

I just made that faction item list to show that these items belong to the faction itself and thus are definitely free to use if no one is using them.

OKAY! With our dying will, we shall ressurect this faction from the ashes! Just kidding. Not really.

Anyway, with the addition of Master Kruz into the faction, I have now been motivated enough to try to get more people to join and to change the faction goals around a little bit. So...without further ado...I present!

The Hakurei Shrine's Master Plan!

1) Promote the use of danmaku-type weapons! While we can't have actual danmaku (the MechDev mods are paranoid about Touhou related stuff), some mechanics in the SimChamber mimic it quite well. First is the use of X and F-type weapons, which...well, they're basically spam. X is better spam than F though, so use more X. X attacks are awesome. Second is the use of S-type weapons, which can spread to multiple targets...just like a danmaku shower! And third is MAP attacks cause....uh, they hit many people....and it's MAP...Come on, you can see why a MAP attack is totally danmaku. Anyway, this faction is here to promote their use because 1) They're hell for dodgers! and 2) Danmaku hell is fun!

2) Recruit more people to enjoy the love of danmaku! Also, while this isn't going to be a fully Touhou-related faction anymore (I thought it made the conditions for joining a little too restricted, so basically anyone who likes danmaku or has the danmaku spirit can join), we're still going to be keeping the name of The Hakurei Shrine because...well, I'm too lazy to change it. And I <3 Touhou.

3) ???

4) PROFIT!

---

With that complete, I now present the Hakurei Shrine's item list! The items/mechs in this list can be used by ANYONE in the faction, unless they're currently in use for a SC match. All you need to do is ask me, the faction leader, if you can borrow it and I'll check to see if it's open. If it is, bam, you get to use it for the match you need it for! Also, don't forget you can borrow items from fellow faction members as well.

Hakurei Shrine Items -

1 Supplemental GS Ride (Being used by Terence Sharpton)

1 Solar Sail

1 Tesla Drive

1 Emblem of Darkness

1 Hitomi's Pendant

1 Angel Haro (Being used by Terence Sharpton)

1 Hyper Jammer (Being used by Terence Sharpton)

1 Rare Medal

(Note: Since chips are useable and can't be returned once used, PLEASE tell me when you need them so I can edit this list.)

Hakurei Shrine Mechs -

1 Tekkaman Evil

1 LED Mirage

1 Hell Tallgeese (When statted)

1 Ryouhki

1 Kouohki

1 Ryukouoh

1 DyGenGuard

1 Aussensitter

1 Cybuster

1 R-1

1 R-2

1 R-3

1 R-GUN

1 Kurogane

1 Great Mazinger

1 Encephalon (Factory Mode)

1 Infiltrator

---

Yeah, that's a pretty pathetic list for now, but we have 22000 Credits just waiting to be used, so fellow faction members I call upon you to suggest any items or mechs that the faction might find useful for fights in the future! Pop a suggestion to me in the IRC Channel, a PM, or in this topic and I'll get it ready for use. Which means I'll buy it.

Unfortunately, now we come to some groundrules about the faction.

1) While I want to help the members as much as possible, remember that the faction money is needed for the FACTION ONLY. Meaning that I can't use the faction money to pay for your MechDevs unless you desperately need the money. However, if your MechDev is faction-related (as in it makes a storyline for this faction as well as giant robot for it), I would be glad to use the faction's money to pay for its addition to the Custom Deployment Bay.

2) If you have some spare cash lying around and have no need for it, PLEASE donate to the faction. We do not get an allowance (at least the faction doesn't) so the money we have in it right now is the money we'll have five months from now if we don't spend a Credit. So basically, if you have the money and feel like it, donate to the faction so we can buff up our arsenal! Who knows, maybe this will come back to you and give you some sort of bonus/benefit if you donate enough.

3) Please treat other faction members as well as the rest of the SC with respect. I'm generally really laid-back, but I don't tolerate extremely rude behavior. Do it too many times and you're out.

4) Feel free to ask anything about the faction or SimChamber in general. I will try my best to answer your questions here or in the IRC Channel. Also, if you have any suggestions for what the faction should do, feel free to suggest them in here.

Anyway, that's enough for the revival! Danmaku spray, GO! Have fun out there and show people the fun of danmaku!

Can I join? I'm bored being a lone fighter and I want to help with faction battling.

Nice to see this place is still kicking. Maybe after I'm done balancing the school/work situation, I'll drop by should the place come back to life. Of course, I'm sure that's not all that nice sounding, and I've got stuff lying in storage, soooo...

GIFTS TO THE FACTION!

1 LED Mirage

1 Tekkaman Evil

1 Tesla Drive

1 Emblem of Darkness

1 Hell Tallgeese (whenever he's statted)

And finally...

3 HP Upgrade chips, 4 Armor Upgrade Chips, and 3 Any Upgrade Chips

Not exactly a treasure cache, but as usual my AM is open for you guys to use anything you like. Fully chipped super vandred has to be at least kinda fun, no? Anywho, if you need me particularly for faction battles or anything, lemme know. While not exactly active, I keep my account alive by checking in every few days.

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be part of the faction and hopefully I will help win battles in the name of danmaku!

1) While I want to help the members as much as possible, remember that the faction money is needed for the FACTION ONLY. Meaning that I can't use the faction money to pay for your MechDevs unless you desperately need the money. However, if your MechDev is faction-related (as in it makes a storyline for this faction as well as giant robot for it), I would be glad to use the faction's money to pay for its addition to the Custom Deployment Bay.

What a coincidence! I lately have been brewing a floating mechdev idea that may suit with the SC's mechdev rules and still give a background story for this faction! I will give you more details when the Original SRT contest is over. ;)

It is my pleasure to introduce the newest member to our faction, the fellow Touhoufag Mystia Lorelei (as if the name didn't give it away). So everyone, give him a great big danmaku weapon and enjoy your stay in T.O.U.H.O.U.! All the rules have been posted before so yeah. Have fun here and don't forget, he's new so teach him the ropes of fighting!

Welcome.

Finally, I will have a faction partner with which I will be able to have some FAIR training!

Okay, since it seems Mystia has no SC or PA challenge thread, I must say six obligatory words...

MYSTIA, F("·$G START CHALLENGING PEOPLE PUBLICLY!!!

You don't show any lifesigns in the IRC, and I see no challenge thread where I can put a formal challenge towards you! I consider that unacceptable as I really wanted to fight against a faction member so I could keep training, like... The only pilot I have right now.

So, come on! Show me your moves!

You don't show any lifesigns in the IRC, and I see no challenge thread where I can put a formal challenge towards you! I consider that unacceptable as I really wanted to fight against a faction member so I could keep training, like... The only pilot I have right now.

*GLARES*

What am I, swiss cheese?

XD

Seriously, I was talking exclusively to Mystia.

I'll fight you! With my weak pilot or my normal one.

(I bet you'll kill me anyway)

Edited by Fireblitz