Suguri-SP

NJU General Thread

114 posts in this topic

Just in case you haven't noticed, missions like that already exist Largo..

For example, Gren had a mission where they disguise themselvs as Chevs and did an attack on a Z Braver civilian city

.....Better research before you ask :P

Iam thinking along more like leveling the city being a main objective for the Gren side.

Illusionary Assault main objective's is wiping out the other side with protecting the civilians as a optonal one.

Theyre here to conquer the world, not blow it up.

Not blow up the whole world, just the part with their enemy on it.besides, nothing says "evil empire" like wiping out a city full of innocent people, unless its a planet full of innocent people :) .

do we have a pawnshop thing for NJU? Guncastor if you are interested on a r5 unit, I can sell you my massgunst for 75% hangar price, moving on to the r8 stuff.

Yes, please make the Grens more Unoriginal Evil Empire ™

Blowing up a city = you sink more capital into making that city work again and rebuilding/repopulating, rather than just taking out the troops, tell the populace they're under new management, and earn money from a still productive city. Evil empires work because they're empires, and not just some jerk with broken infrastructure.

Edited by Jusuchin Panjirinanu

Man, and here I was honestly thinking I was putting TOO MUCH evilness in the Gren missions.

Now, mind, I was mostly writing them as CARTOON VILLAINY, but still. They've had...

Cycle 8 (next one): "Steal a world-destroying superweapon"

Cycle 7 (this one): "Kill a hospital".

Cycle 6: "Steal a prototype", "Kidnap an enemy commander FOR TORTURE STUDY".

Cycle 5: "Pretend to be Chev and attack a city", "Kill some wounded soldiers and take their mechs' remains"

Cycle 4: "Move kidnapped workers to another site", "Destroy enemy base with prototype"

Cycle 3: ... Well, not so villainy.

Cycle 2: ... Not so villainy.

Cycle 1: ... Not so villainy.

Also, Largo, Fantasia was a pretty peaceful world before all this began, so there isn't really "malcontents" and "terrorists"... except maybe against Grenovia (and Chev and Z Bravers)...

Edited by Umbaglo

Also, Gren have a HUGE EVIL PLOT coming in soon enough which will be fairly important over the next few cycles.

Grens seem fine to me right now. Currently, the Z-Bravers seem more like world destroying jerks, but that's probably a temporary thing.

Now, mind, I was mostly writing them as CARTOON VILLAINY

So they are more the "Wily E. Coyote, Supergenius" type of evil rather than "The crazy Nazis" kind of evil. Got it. I was thinking more of the latter.

More 'Skeletor' than 'Wile E. Coyote'.

Grens seem fine to me right now. Currently, the Z-Bravers seem more like world destroying jerks, but that's probably a temporary thing.

You'll see. Bwuahahahahaha

*ominous foreshadowing*

Edited by Code: OCD

D:

don't destroy my image of ZETTTT!!!!

Enough evil plot on ZETTTT!!!!!!! i don't want to change name of my zetkaiser into evilkaiser :<

*me do a strike*

anyway... Zet had enough evil mission to call them self Gorgom right now.

More 'Skeletor' than 'Wile E. Coyote'.

You'll see. Bwuahahahahaha

*ominous foreshadowing*

Can the Grens have more competent mooks and better equipment? Skeletor's plans never work due to low HR standards for his mook force.

The Opressors aren't that bad. Shotguns are fun and the Sniper Rifles on the Assassin model is fairly good.

Though frankly speaking I find the Liberator best overall.

I find the Oppressor the best balanced of the 3, due to greater flexibility of the ASF:3, the decent enough basic survival features (not-horrible AGi, inherent DR, and passable HP), and having a MAP, vs the Liberator's Pure tank approach coupled with mostly oriented to combat vs a single enemy, or the Peacekeeper being... well ok the Peacekeeper has a nice Beam cannon, but [+] Beams are the single most defended against attack in the entire system, which greatly reduces their inherent usefulness, but it's flight mode shuts down anything even marginally useful, making it pointless except for defence.

As for Gren's competence, well, the FABUULLOOOUUUSSS commander has been making great strides towards better stagehands to make sure his plays run smoothly.

Read the briefings. They're kept in character for a reason, and may help you piece together how the future missions will turn out.

.. You know, re above:

I have to say the entire Z-Braver particle cannon missions are just weird.

Oh Old, how about the new line of NJU grunts then? Oppressor Assassin, Peacekeeper Epee, and Liberator Cannon

What's wrong with the particle cannon? It's not like you've never seen a SR scientist make ridiculous weapons before...!

Also, OCD, the point of the flight mode is defense and travel. It's the same as various RR flight modes (especially since it's patterned a bit off of Zeta and Airmaster).

Case in point: Perfect Cannon, Goldion Crusher, and a Mazinger's Eyelasers that CUTS MOUNTAINS IN HALF exist.

It's kindof thematic for SRs to have massively destructive weapons.

Also, doesn't Peacekeeper's Flight Mode keep the beam cannon?

Edited by Alicia

Oh. that's not why I said they were weird..

If it's the Z-Exploder thing... this has already been mentioned.

I would, if I could actually dev for the faction with the things I actually like.

Also man, there's nothing wrong with the Z-braver superweapons. SR weapons are waaay more over the top than that.

Edited by Code: OCD