Umbaglo

Repeat Event: "Where it all Began"

19 posts in this topic

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but one of my intents is to have Where it all Began rerun at fairly regular intervals to allow for chances for the faction Strategic Bonuses to occasionally change hands. To help usher in Series Release 3, I'll run the intro event again. For those who missed it the first time, this is an excellent chance to get in on it and get the free unit. For those who already played it, this is yet another chance at a free unit, as well as more faction rep.

New Jagged Universe: "Where it all began"

It was a normal day in Optikal. The air was cold, the snow had just stopped, and the orbital drop pods were making beautiful blazes in the sky. Except that last one isn't normal at all!

The Galactic Empire of Grenovia has laid a claim over the planet of Fantasia, and they're not going to let any natives get in the way. With no way to defend themselves, the Fantasians gave up almost immediately, unable to fight back against the war machines used by the Grenovians. Soon, the former government was ousted, and a ruling council of Grenovian generals took over, in advance of the delegation from their homeworld.

However, not long after this, more drop pods began to fall over the planet. The galactic alliance of Chevalet Blanc was not about to let their mortal enemies plunder yet another planet, and began to fight back against the invaders.

In the midst of this, drop pods from the Super Alliance Z Bravers nations began to arrive, with the goal of protecting the people of Fantasia from the other factions.

And this is where you come in. A mercenary, hired by one of the factions fighting over ownership of Optikal, the capital of Fantasia. Whichever faction has control over the capital will be in the strongest position in the resulting war for the planet. Destroy all members of the opposing factions while doing as little damage to the capital as you can!

Victory Conditions:

Objective 1: Gain 10 Conquest Points. A Conquest Point is earned by having the majority of the units in a terrain.

Objective 2: (Optional) All Opposing Factions are destroyed.

Defeat Condition: All Allies are destroyed

Terrains: City (Small), Cold (Chevalet Blanc starting terrain) - City (Large), Cold (Grenovian starting terrain) - City (Small), Cold (Z Braver starting terrain)

Player Units:

Rank 5 and lower units only

Items:

Rank 2 and below only

Other Notes:

Players participating in this event must declare which faction they are joining. Each faction has a deploy limit of 10 players and 10 units.

Prizes:

Standard NJU Mission Reward setup, to include:

Credits: 800

PP: 500

In addition, all players earn a free unit based on the faction they joined (Oppressor or Oppressor Assassin for Grenovia, Liberator or Liberator Cannon for Z Bravers, Peacekeeper or Peacekeeper Epee for Chevalet Blanc)

Applications for this event will run until 5 March, and the event will open for deployments on 6 March, to begin on 7 March. The event will end on 2 April (or once a team wins, whichever comes first).

Signing up for Gren again, need faction points for them since I dipped under the 1000 mark getting Chev and have been having zero luck getting into Gren missions :|.

Iam for the Zs this time..they seem to be getting shafted in the missions.

Going in for Chevalet Blanc Z-Bravers.

Edited by Kazastankas

People need fightan in my group, so Grenovian it is!

Not to mention this gives me the opportunity to get all the grunt units with Ace Custom and paint them with black and white eight note motifs.

Edited by アイシア

...Oh right, forgot about this. Joining Grenovia because I want to get Oppressor Assassin the most from the new grunts

I'll work with the Chevs because I want that PP and the Sword Strike Rouge Peacemaker Epee is pretty cool.

I'll be joining Z Bravers.

Hey, people! Only one more day to apply, and plenty of spaces!