Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rika

"Drumbeats of War"

6 posts in this topic

"Hello, and welcome to Drumbeats of War. I'm your host, Nazari Ktiona." An younger woman appears on screen. "We're broadcasting from the FNN headquarters here in Optikal with a special report."

"Recent fighting in the mountains of Dremar revealed the existance of a secret army, called the Fantasian Liberation Army, or FLA. Shortly after this fighting, a statement was released by Bernard Shepard, one of the two commanders of the Bernard-Maelhaus network of mercenaries."

The image on the screen goes to and image of an older man with a pudgy figure and receding hairline, wearing a professional, navy-blue business suit.

"People of Fantasia! We call on you today to join the Fantasian Liberation Army, and fight for our planet against the tyrannical invaders! They have taken over our planet, our way of life, and indeed, our freedoms. Show them that you will not live in fear! Show them that you shall stand tall against the dogs of foreign invaders! Resist!"

The image fads back to Nazari. "Shortly after this, Grenovian authorities started jamming his show within their conquered territories as the Chevalet Blanc forces have launched an investigation into offices of the network operating within their territories. Still, polling of the average citizen on the street has revealed a lot of support, with 35% of the respondants supporting the FLA in spirit. It's clear to see that that this army won't be fading away any time soon."

"This has been Drumbeats of War. Thanks for watching!"

"Hello, and welcome to Drumbeats of War. I'm your host, Nazari Ktiona." An younger woman appears on screen. "We're broadcasting from the FNN headquarters here in Optikal with the latest on the fighting on Fantasia."

"Fighting over the island of Kariona, in the Central Ocean is still ongoing between several regiments of the Chevalet Blanc and Grenovian forces. The Z-Braver forces recently warded off an attack on their forward base of Justicia on the island of Mortcia's Retreat, which is about 300km distant from the continent of Dremar. There are also the usual skirmishes between various naval fleets off all coasts, and all merchant skippers are well advised to hire mercenaries and go in convoy to stop them from being stopped by privateers or military forces." Nazari shuffles her papers, and the images of various fighting on the surface changes to the orbital ring

"Elements of the Chevalet Blanc space fleet were destroyed by the orbital ring today, causing proposed reinforcements and equipment to be delayed even further. Scientists contacted still were studying what data was available. However, the Gerry Girabaldi's Galactic Gladitorial Games HAVE been successfully set up and we understand various factions have invited mercaneries to fight flying their colors rather than fight. The Fantasian government has started various rebuilding programs to take advantage of the major lull in certain fields."

"However, some of the ongoing fighting has resulted in minor collateral damage near the Chevalet Blanc base on the edge of Milth's mountain region, and we hear several scientists have escaped back to Grenovia. The base commander, a Cmdr Kai Shi-yin released a statement today."

A image of an older man in a formal uniform with the flag of Chevalet Blanc behind him continues - the shot obviously just after a question "There was a major offensive against our normal forces. We called in mercenaries but they were unable to prevent all the transports from escaping and several were destroyed in the firefight against THEIR hired mercenaries. We don't know why they wanted them, but we expect a terrible attack later."

The screen fades back out to Nazari "In addition, a Grenovian mercenary patrol managed to penetrate a recon patrol near the Z-Braver's Large Hadron Particle Cannon and established a forward point. While neither could be reached by this broadcast, miltary advisor retired Gen. Kaioni has told us it's clear that both sides will rush to exploit it as soon as possible."

"An attack was made by Chevalet Blanc hired mercenaries against yet another power plant powering the Large Hadron Particle Cannon, however, according to reports from the scene, the Z-Braver hired mercenaries were more than sufficient to repulse the attack."

"This has been Drumbeats of War, and I'm Nazari Ktiona. Until next time!"

"Hello, and welcome to Drumbeats of War. I'm your host, Nazari Ktiona." An younger woman appears on screen. "We're broadcasting from the FNN headquarters here in Optikal with the latest on the fighting on Fantasia."

"While the arrival of the Gee's seemed to lower the stress of war, several events have occurred that shattered this illusion. A recent Z-Braver colony, traveling through Illumus was attacked last week. However, the protecting forces drove off what they say are Grenovian- sponsored marauders. No statement has yet been obtained from Grenovian forces."

"Additionally, there has been another clash between Z-Braver and Chevalet Blanc forces. It looks like advance patrols of both elements got into a fight near the Forest of Sorrow. However, only one unit out of the Chevalet Blanc forces escaped largely unscathed. This massive defeat is sure to lead to more combat in the area, and a travel advisory has been issued for the area."

"The last major event - just in - has been a reported attack on a Grenvoian Factory in heavy fog that failed. The attackers didn't identify themselves, and as such, the attacker is unknown."

"While there were no other conflicts going on during the last period, it seems that with the advent of summer, the war is also heating up again. Be careful, and stay safe!"

"Recent fighting has been ramping up around the Large Hadron Cannon in the mountains, with a Chev Blanc patrol being repulsed by the Z-Braver patrol near the cannon. There was also a pitched battle near a convoy with the Grenovian attackers repulsed - allowing the supplies to pass through."

"In more news, Grenovia preemptivaly flooded one of their factories in an attempt to prevent Z-Braver mercanieries from taking it. This has resulted in the sudden flooding throughout the area, and Grenovia is scrambling to take more active control of the area."

"Recent fighting erupted around the Large Hadron Collider, with several teams assualting it, and the Z-Braver HQ investigating the activities of Dr. Molisher. However, mysterious attackers appeared and attacked both the attacking team, AND took the collider, with Dr. Molisher saying he'd bring ruin and terror to Fantasia." Nazari pauses.

"Really, what is it about this planet? Do we have a Invade Us Sign?" She shakes her head. "I apologize, that was unprofessional of me. Regardless, with the colider taken, all authorities have placed a top priority on neutralizing his new allies. Please report any sightings to the authorities."

"This has been Drumbeats of War. Until next time, I'm your host, Nazari Ktiona."

"Fighting between the three major factions began again when mysterious attackers took on all three bases - but when footage was examined, each attacking force had an opposing faction's grunt. On this, the three factions jointly decided to attack each other." Nazari shakes her head.

"As such, combat is now an ongoing threat in and around supply lines, and travelers are well advises to take care in disputed regions."

"This has been Drumbeats of War. Until next time, I'm your host, Nazari Ktiona."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0