Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saito Ryujin

Rei Facility Campaign

185 posts in this topic

Description:

The Rei Facility was originally the Federation base attacked by the Zeon during their attempt to destroy the Federation's Gundam prototype. After the end of the War against Zeon the Federation rebuilt Side 7 as a Titan Stronghold but left the base, now called "Rei Facility" after the famous Gundam designer, in the hands of a secret military force. Currently these forces operate out of Side 7 and are deeply involved in the development of new more powerful weapons and mecha.

Season 1 Summary:

Early in SC 116 the commander of the reasearch facility, Marcus Arno, suddenly vanished. In the time span of several days he returns back with a mysterious new machine he calls "Shin." This powerful robot housed a vast data storage capacity holding information from various alternate universes.

Recognizing the potential of this data, the Faciliy's reasearch was shifted into producing new mechanoids using this "Extra-Dimensional Technology" EDT. The first units were a highly advanced line of Gundams code named "GX-91XX", the Destiny series.

However, the troubles on Earth continued as war with the Plant Colonies became hot again. Across the Earth, people that rebelled against the alliance were crushed by a top secret special force called "Shadow Mirror." The Rei Facility's focus was drawn to Earth; they secretly sent a force commander by Kim Johnson under the guise of transporting the GX-9103 to Heaven's Base to investigate this.

The force was drawn into the battle soon to happen at the Alliance base, forcing them to betray the Alliance and fight alonside ZAFT against the threat from Shadow Mirror. The betrayal of the forces on Earth brought a swift revenge against Marcus and those remaining in space.

On Earth, the Heaven's Base group was forced to stop and ask for assistance at the Personal Trooper Academy. Luckly, a former comrade during the Aerogator War of Kim Johnson was the Headmaster of the Academy. He was more then happy to help and sent the force along with a PT Squad for packup into space.

With their newly strengthened forces, a bit of strategy and luck. The Earth party and those being held in space were able to meet again and defeat the Alliance forces. The group made their escape in the still incomplete Battle-14, New Macross Class veseel to the dark side of the moon to escape further probes by the Earth Alliance.

Season 2 Summary

As the new crew attempts to get settled into the new ship, they must deal with an inspection force from Zeon, which controls their currect section of space. Meanwhile, a lunar party made up of advanced mecha they wished to hide discovers a strange cavern in the Moon's underground that could not have been made naturally...

Timeline Information

Characters: Marcus, Harry, Dei

If Restoria's dectector is capable of sensing them, there is an abnormal about of elementary subatomic particles in the area which is quickly dissipating.

Harry fields the first question. As soon as it is asked he says with some excitement “Those two are Gunbreaks, as you can tell they are a drastic departure from the previous mechanical designs that the SDF has fielded.” He walks towards the two units “They are still in the testing phase; we’ve only got five of them onboard. You probably saw these two outside earlier trying out their weapons on some sensor ghosts.”

Harry himself doesn’t know the full extent of the Gunbreak’s background. The unit plans were drawn up in the Rei Facility based on the Extra-Dimensional Technology (EDT) found inside the Shin. He can only give the cover story he was told for their existence; they were created by a research group in Side 7 specifically for combat against alien invasion and the design is being test fielded by the SDF for this reason.

He finishes with “I’m personally very excited about them because they make use of gravity based energy weapons and barrier technology, which is superior to what we currently field with the VF-11s.”

As Harry continues his explanation Marcus stands next to Mika and whispers “see I told you there was nothing to worry about."

Ten Minutes Earlier

Of course, this wasn’t the scene only a few minutes. Marcus hurriedly gathered Ryu, Aisha, Miyuki, Titus and Lorna in the hangar. “Alright, Ryu and Aisha you two take your units. Titus take Kim’s Destiny, Miyuki you take yours, Lorna you take the unit you were with Mika, and Nia you take Ryu's Huckebein. I need to get these things out of here now!”

His subordinate pilots don’t question him and head for their respective units. Aisha however remains behind and asks “how do you expect to get these things past that ship outside.”

“Easy, you teleport them to the surface of the moon and stay there ‘till we call you back” says Marcus.

“That’s absurd, with this kind of combat power you should be able to easily get them to leave you alone. Besides, the System XN is not a plaything, it is a very complicated...hey what are you doing, put me down this instant!”

Marcus picked Aisha up and ran with her towards the Soulblaze “no time to argue, you can complain with you get back.” He places her on the lift that leads up to the unit “I need a favor though, please make sure no one enters Shin’s cockpit.”

Once Aisha’s unit had completed the calculations and locked onto a safe reemergence spot on the lunar surface bellow them. One by one, the strange mecha in the hangar vanish from sight, the last two being Shin and the Soulblaze itself. After the area was cleared, several elevators activated and the Thunderbolt units were moved up from the hangar section bellow them.

Characters: --

On the lunar surface, the pilots and their units wait for the signal to return back to the ship. Ryu Ikade, restless inside his Mobile Trace like cockpit begins punching thin air. The Geishalt, matching his every move but with more power behind them, his motions kicking up dust in the area.

In the Destiny-3, Titus leans back in his seat and says "Ryu, stop messing around. It's hard to relax with you doing that."

"Oh sorry, I forget sometimes this thing is thing is hooked up to me."

The Geishalt walks voer towrads the Soulblaze. Ryu stares at it for a few seconds before saying "so Aisha, how much older are you thenn me now?"

"I came here from 5 years after you disappeared from our timeline. so that makes me 24 but I don't know to what exact time you exited so the difference is impossible to tell without that missing data."

Disappointed, Ryu says "You're so literal" as he walks away from the party of robots. He doesn't get very far though "cant you even play along..." as he takes a step and the ground collapses under him. On Earth this would be a pretty close call but since he's on the moon he starts to fall down gently.

"...What the hell is going here?" A large hole appears around him as the Geishalt continues slowly falling down into it.

"The lunar surface has been hit with many meteorites. It's no surprise that the surface is unstable, fire your boosters and watch your step. Even if you are weightless the force of your robot moving is not lost. You remember that much don't you?”

Ryu reaches the bottom of the hole, the impact causes dust to shake from around him. "Guys...you gotta see this."

The area that he fell through appears to be a metallic shell covered in moon dust, it has probably been there for a long time. From the outside, it appears that a strange green yellow glow rises from the hole Ryu made.

Looking inside, the Geishalt appears to have walked into an artificial chamber, its walls are lined with a crystalline substance. Ryu has a much different view from his perspective. He looks down a large chamber that continues down into the surface of the moon, as far as his eyes can see.

New Location: Underground Chamber

Characters: Sakura Akahana, Midori Katase, Forcelle Psiona, Restoria Halionne, Seleena Fae, Kayle Amreed

Restoria once again signals to the captain, Sakura, to come over for a private discussion after investigating the area around where the Variable Fighters were stored. This time, she also signals over the systems officer, Forcelle, to join in the discussion. While none of the others can hear it clearly, you can tell just by looking at them that the discussion is quite heated, with quite a bit of pointing toward the Thunderbolts. This discussion rages on for a few minutes, before they break up and meet up with the rest of the Zeon inspection team.

"Okay, I think it's time to begin the inspection of the rest of the ship. Restoria will stay here and do some more monitoring of the hangar bay area and storage facilities."

"Y.. yes, Miss Captain!"

"Midori and Forcelle, you take the internals of the ship.. the engine room, the fold drives, weapon systems.. Be sure to tell me what works and what doesn't!"

"Understood." "Got it."

"Seleena and Kayle, you head out to the residential areas. And please, this time, don't try to spend too much time shopping!"

"Argh, you gotta be KIDDING me!"

"Alright.. alright.. Could I at least pick up the new Fire Bomber album?"

"Them again.. Okay, but don't take too long."

"Yay~! Thanks, Captain!"

"And I'll be heading to the ship's bridge. All of you, make sure to keep me posted on anything you find!"

Everyone nods, and the members of the Zeon inspection team all begin to spread out toward their assigned areas of the ship to begin their inspection..

---

Characters: Chris Artemson, Aurelia Halegoode

"Miniaturized fold technology? That's new to me.. and I don't like it. Imagine what would happen if the Federation started making mini fold drives standard on their mass production units..", Chris says, keeping an eye out on the large New Macross-class ship.

"It's only a guess.. and even if they did have it, that kind of technology's got to be incredibly expensive. Besides, we can't act on it yet.. not unless we want to be blasted into space dust by that thing's Macross Cannon.", Aurelia says, having shifted toward the radar screen again, furiously punching in numbers to attempt to locate any area where a mecha sized defold occurred.

"Right, right.. I just hope those reinforcements you called in don't take forever to get here, I can't stand this tension.."

For most of the inspection trip everything in uneventful and rather boring. As it was with the outside, the inside of the ship is also being completed. The ship also does not have residential areas in the style of the original Macross.

Harry explains to the probably disappointed Fire Bomber fan “Unlike with the SDF-1 where they were forced to accommodate internal space to civilians, the New Macross Class ships are attached to the actual city structure when in exploration mode.” He pulls up an image of the Macross 7 on his touch pad palm and shows it to them “See here’s an image we’re that thing that’s sticking out of the front. This prevents civilians from getting in the crossfire if we’re ever forced to deal with an aggressor in our space travels.”

In another part of the ship Marcus walks with another part of the inspection team into an area labled “Hazardous Materials” with the typical large bold print letters and the skull and crossbones. He jokes “don’t worry, if the containment fields we have on this thing were to fail, exposure would be the least of yours worries.”

The area is a large room with individual containment rooms inside, each probably big enough to hold several super robots. Most of them are empty except for one. Marcus walks up to the key pad and inputs the code to open the large doors.

As the door opens, a ray of light first cracks through the opening, followed by a stronger flash of light as the door completely opens. Marcus walks in and turns around to face the others, probably to show them that it’s safe “This is a Black Hole Engine, probably the 3rd or so built by humans.” The object looks like a pulsating, rotating light source almost to bright to stare at directly. The actual structure around it, resembles a clear cylinder with metal ribbing along its length.

“Right now, it’s operating at 5% of its normal capacity. This prevents the BHE from reaching a point where the ships reactor can’t generate enough energy to contain it.” He purposely adds in “which is good because if they were to fail, I think this entire area from the moon to Side 3 will feel it.”

The Argama-class does not detect the regular signs of a pace found in the area. None of the standard signal signatures are present around them.

Characters: Ryu, Miyuki, Aisha and Nia

Miyuki follows Ryu in her GUndam and looks around curiously. She frowns as she tries to use her sesnors to examin the energy type "This is an unknown, but interesting type of energy."

The cavern is light in a low green hue due to the masses of crystals. It goes in for quite a distance and even deeper into the moons surface. The strange green crystal formations are located as far as the eye can see.

Ryu looks up at Miyuki as her Gundam comes down. He brings up the limited scanners he has on the Geishalt "damn it, this thing isn't built to explore. I can’t make heads or tails of this stuff."

Nia follows Miyuki and frowns "I know of this, but... it's from archeological studies. It shouldn't exist anymore."

Ryu walks down into the cavern "What do you mean Nia?"

Aisha's Soulblaze follows behind them. "It clearly exists."

"I was reading a report on something called the Fury. An ancient civilization that was said to exist" Nia trails off "I believe we never found it." Miyuki follows her closely.

"Fury?" asks Ryu "They sound like badguys."

"This substance probably is similar to Specimen B-65789" says Aisha.

Ryu takes the Geishalt's hand and rips of a piece of the Crystal, the shattering causes a very powerful bright light that subsides in a second "Was that the material we used for Geishalt's power source Aisha?"

"No, it’s a sample we recovered from a meteorite after your disappearance. We were able to replicate some of its functions into the Soulblazes armor system to give regenerative properties. This crystal seems similar. Although the color is different. "

Nia frowns. "The energy type matches, human reproductive energy." She frowns "Confirming it."

Ryu continues walking down until he reaches a structure that looks like a massive door made of of a material that looks like it's combined from the crystal and some unknown metal.

Sounds of beeps can be heard as she pulls out her portable sensors

"Wow, guys check this out. I found a door" says Ryu.

"Nia, is this material explosive?" asks Aisha.

"It's not refined" Nia frowns. "Miyuki, can you dampen your systems so I can confirm?"

Miyuki nods "Roger." She taps a few buttons.

"...Yeah, low energy. I'd try to cut or shatter it" says Nia.

"Then Ryu's energy attacks would probably act as a catalyst to release the energy."

"My sword is to big to use in here" says Ryu as he puts his hand to the door.

"You can probably punch it." Nia's dry.

"In that case" the soulblazes drills slide down and one clicks over the units arm. "Attack Pattern 4, Drill Boost Knuckle. Please" the units voice activated system causes the rocket propelled drill arm to fly at the wall. The two drills hit the door on both sides of Ryu, surprising him quite a bit. The initial impact, along with the powerful drilling motion causes the crystal door to break away from the two strike points and eventually shatter apart.

"You say please?" says Ryu "What kind of command uses please?"

"This girl protected me since I came. She deserves me asking her in a respectfull way."

"Girl?" Miyuki curiously asks.

"Soulblaze is a girl. Thats what i decided. Is there a problem with that?"

The room that the door openned to is much different the the cavern. The walls are completely metallic and it's completely dark, it seems that the lights are out.

From what little light actuall seems in it appears to be occupied by several large figures, though with the current light levels they can’t be distinguished very well.

"Guys come check this out" says Ryu "also someone bring a light."

Miyuki and Nia switch on their external lights as she walks in

The lights from the PT and the Gundam are enough to reveal the strange figures. Click here The machines are humanoid, about the size of the Huckebein. Upon closer inspect, the room appears to be a large hangar with crates and structures around the mecha. Only there are no people in the area and the poor seems to be out.

"... W..." Nia is busy doing studies

Even the walls are designated in a strange writing, something that no one here is able to read.

"Is this supposed to be here?" asks Ryu looking at Miyuki.

Miyuki shrugs. "My race knows of nothing like this, and nothing Kioni told me about would match something like this."

Ryu tries to look around the area further. Going on further only leads to a collapsed room where it appears as if the moon's surface had caved into the area.

He looks back at Aisha and says "What do you think we should do?"

Aisha responds "How about we excavate a litlle? These drills should have no problem with normal rock"

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Characters: Sakura Akahana

"Thanks for the report.. head back to the shuttle. I'll be returning there shortly."

After the other members of the inspection team finish up their report, Sakura notes down some things on a notepad she's been carrying around ever since she arrived in the bridge room. Now knowing that the ship carries a Black Hole Engine, has an incomplete and currently non-functional Macross Cannon, and possibly also contains mecha which are capable of folding on their own, this particular New Macross-class ship is definitely suspicious. All that's left is to check back with the crew back on the Yubikiri Yakusoku...

---

Characters: Chris Artemson, Aurelia Halegoode

"You guys just heard the situation.. If you still haven't found them yet, that's fine, I've probably got enough evidence to incriminate them. I'm about to leave, get yourselves ready for when the reinforcements show up.", Sakura says, currently appearing on the ship's main screen.

"Actually, we just finished broadening the search to a long range energy signature search of any type.. and Aurelia just found something you might want to look at, before you pull that itchy trigger finger of yours.."

Aurelia quickly begins tapping buttons on her console, and within a few seconds, there is displayed on both the main screen and on Sakura's communication device's monitor is an image of the units which folded onto the Moon's surface, performing some sort of burrowing operation, one of which Sakura recognizes immediately..

"Wait, isn't that..?"

"Yes, it's one of the Gundam prototypes that fought alongside us when we went to raid Heaven's Base. Restoria, didn't you get a pretty good look at it during the battle?"

"Yes.. that does look like the same unit you just mentioned..", Restoria also adds in, also speaking over the communicator.

"So this unit fought alongside us on Heaven's Base.. And if this is one of the units that folded away from this ship once we got here, then..", Sakura says to herself, realizing that the giant heaping pile of evidence she had just collected has now come into question.

"Oh, it gets even better."

"Huh?!?"

"I've also been doing a bit of research on the side. That New Macross-class ship? Did a bit of digging around the logs of previous destinations while you guys were busy inspecting it. It definitely is heading in the direction of Mao Industries, like they said, but wanna know where it came from? It was just at Side-7 a few days ago."

"Doesn't sound very unusual. So why's that important?"

"It's been pretty well covered up from the public record, but there seems to have been something going on around Side-7 almost exactly coinciding with the arrival of that battleship. Most everything I'm finding points to some sort of accident occuring there, but I've been finding traces and rumors of a battle that took place there.. and that the attackers were Federation mecha. I think you can figure out what went on from there."

"Sounds exactly like something those disgusting Feddie scum would try to pull.. Alright, I'll bring the crew back up to where you are right after I give the guys on board this ship the news. Oh, and call off the backup, they won't be necessary."

---

Sakura turns off her communication device and pockets it, before turning toward the captain of the Battle-14.

"I definitely can't say your ship isn't suspicious. It's pretty loaded, even for a New Macross-class. But, one of my crewmembers has been doing a bit of research, and found out a little bit about your real circumstances.. Anyone hated by the Federation is a friend of mine. We'll let you pass on through to Mao Industries, but the Yubikiri Yakusoku will escort you through Zeon territory."

Edited by Tilus

Characters: Captain Hitasumi Mika, Lt. Megumi Hayashi

Mika would have fallen over if the captains chair wasn't bolted down to the ground and instead manages to slide halfway down in it in surprise.

"I understand. I'll tell you everything. Most of this crew as of right now consists of U.N. Spacy recruits and are not involved in anyway. Another portion of the crew is represented by Staffofficers, Scientist and Testpilots formerly stationed at the Federations Side 7 Mobile Weapons Research Facility. As you may be aware Side 7 first served as a test location for project V and has since been an important location to the Federation even if only a symbolic one. The current Installation was crewed mostly by people who's lives have been effected by actions of the former Titans and people like me who lost relatives to attacks by blue cosmos. Everyone there did not fight for the federation sake and we did not create weapons of war. We create weapons to have the power to enforce peace. After ZAFT revealed the existance of Logos some of our members fought at Heavens base and as a direct result of that the federation forcefully took over the colony. To prevent civillian casualties we surrendered and waited for a chance to escape. The taskforce from heavens base returning to the colony provided that chance for us. A chance that we eagerly used to escape the base bringing along virtually all of the new prototypes we developed. We and our material escaped aboard this macross vessel... The way i became captain is complicated at best and I'm not completly sure how to explain it myself, but please rest assured that we are not spies for the Federation or whatever you may be thinking right now captain. At this point with the exception of myself and the valkyrie pilots stationed on this ship the entire crew consists of civillians attached to the U.N. Spacy new macross project. I will take full responsibility for anything you may want to charge me with but my crew is not involved captain."

Edited by Mai Kobayashi

Sakura blinks at the Battle-14 captain's extremely lengthy response.. she must truly be frightened out of her wits to blurt out the entire circumstances to her crew's current situation so freely. Sakura can somewhat sympathize with her situation as well. as parts of her explanation sound eerily familiar to a certain terrible tragedy that happened long ago..

"You don't need to be so nervous.. We're not the Feddies. I'm not going to charge you with anything."

Sakura turns around and begins walking toward the door. "I'm going to return to my shuttle. You're free to take off once I've made it back to my ship. If the Federation attacks you again while you're on your way to Mao Industries, I've got a couple high powered mecha on board my ship that can assist."

Just as Sakura walks out the door, however, she turns back around toward the captain one last time. "Oh, one last thing, you don't need to hide things from us on the lunar surface anymore."

With the situation difused Mika issues a recall order for the forces on the Lunar surface. The message is recieved by Lorna aboard the Prototype 101 and relayed to the others underground "hey guys, we're getting an ok to return. It looks like everything got settled up there anyways."

Titus, Miyuki, and Nia are te first to take off. Their small real robots have no throuble breaking the hold of the moon's gravity and easily head upwards. They are followed by the much larger Prototype 101, piloted by Lorna.

"Aisha, need help?" says Ryu as he notices the Soulblaze grabbing hold of the unpiloted Shin unit.

"Soulblaze wasn't tumed for space travel, I'll meet you guys there with Marcus' unit and the samples we collected."

After a few minutes, they return to the ship and the crew Yubikiri Yakusoku get a close up view of the mecha. Closer if some still remain aboard Battle-14's hangar.

[[OOC: Unit's Returning, Since I dont have good images alot of them, I'm providing visual descriptions here

GX Destiny Unit 1 - Small sized Gundam ~15 Meters, it has two large cannons on it's back ala Gundam Double X

GX Destiny Unit 3 - Same as unit 1, only the cannon system is replaced with Fin Funnels similar to Hi-Nu Gundam

Prototype 101 - Larger MS looking Mech, twice the size of the Gundams. Carrying an arsenal of powerful heavy weapons.

Ryu's Huckebein - A modified MkIIIR, main visual difference from a regular Huck MkIII is a darker black and blue color scheme.

Soulblaze - A super robot ~40 meters tall with large drills on it's back

Geishalt - a Similar looking unit to Soulblaze, only with extra external armor parts and a large (As in almost as big as itself) sword instead of drills.

Shin - MS looking machine, slightly larger then the Prototype 101 and similar looking in design.]]

The seven units occupy the main hangar where the small force of Thunderbolts was moved to. The ground is littered with the strange cyrstal samples ranging from small hand sized shards to almost people sized chucks. The hangar crew is not amused having to clean up this mess, but soon enough the green yellowing glowing crystals are gathered up and taken to the hazardous materials storage section of the ship.

On the bridge Marcus sits at the operator's seat looking up at Mika in the Captain's chair "See? It went off without a hitch."

The two ships continue on their orbit aound the moon towards Cerervis City, one of the largest cities on the moon and the location of Mao Industries' head branch. When Battle-14 reaches communications range it transmitts a greeting towards the city asking for permission to land and for maintenance assistance but there is no responce. The city is not yet in visual range, but something strange is going on.

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Characters: Lt. Megumi Hayashi, Com. Marcus Arno, Capt. Hitasumi Mika

Mika takes a quick look over at megumi and straightens out her colar a litle nervously. "You still cannot contact cerevis city?" Megumi turns around in her chair and looks over at the Captain "No ma'am, no responce from anyone." Mika puts the side of her thumb between her lps as she thinks for a moment before turning back to megumi. "Please contact the escorts."

Megumi sends a transmission to the Yubikiri Yakusoku "Hello, Yubikiri Yakusoku, we are unable to make contact with Cerevis City, Yet our transmitters appear to be working fine, are you in the same situation?"

Mika meanwhile calls Marcus over and dicusses something in hushed voice with him. "Do you think we should send out a few units to scout around? Marcus thinks it over for a moment then leans next to her and says "We probalby should. Do you want me to take a few of the Gunbreaks out to check it out? I dont think sending anything bigger will let us stay under cover." Mika taps her right hand on the armrest of the captains chair and then shakes her head. "No, take the valkyries. I want to get some test data on those while were at it."

"Alright, I'll take Kim and Deisuke with me, they've got the most experience with Valkyries" says Marcus before standing up "it's probably nothing, but if it's trouble, get ready."

Mika turns to look at megumi again nd asks her to put the transmission on the screen. She then adresses Sakura directly. "Captain Akahana, I assume that you have found cerevis city as unresponsive as we have. It might simply be a communications failure but to be on the safe side i have dispatched a squad of 3 valkyries to do a low altitude recon flight around the area. I tought you might want to send out one of your own recon mobile suits to accompany them."

Edited by Mai Kobayashi

Characters: Kayle Amreed

Kayle, the Yubikiri Yakusoku's medical officer was elected out of the inspection team to stay on board the Battle-14 to ensure that it wouldn't go anywhere unexpected, and that the Yubikiri Yakusoku's crew would know where it would go if it were to veer off its' expected course. She also takes a few pictures of the mecha and sends them back, but they're not very detailed pictures - only enough so that one could get a good estimation of their combat abilities.

---

Characters: Sakura Akahana, Chris Artemson, Midori Katase, Forcelle Psiona, Aurelia Halegoode, Seleena Fae

"No, we've been unable to contact Cerevis City either. You're right, it is a little worrisome..", Forcelle says to the crew of the Battle-14.

"We probably should deploy a recon MS as well.."

Sakura thinks for a couple of seconds, before picking up the commlink phone. "Restoria! Can you get the recon unit and the Blaze Wizard equipped to the ZAKU Phantom quickly?

"I.. probably can by the time you get the pilot down here!"

"Get to it then!"

Sakura puts down the commlink, before turning toward Seleena, who out of the entire bridge crew of the Yubikiri Yakusoku, is one of the few who hasn't had the opportunity to pilot for the Bloody Rose team. "Seleena, you wanted to finally get a chance to pilot something, right? Well, here's your chance! You're gonna be our recon."

"Y..y..yes!!" Seleena immediately gets up out of her seat, clearly excited, and runs out the door to the rest of the ship, heading toward the hangar bay.

"Aurie, Midori, Forcelle, you head down to the hangar bay and get yourselves ready too, in case we do find something. You all know what you're going in."

"Okay!" "Understood, captain." "I'm on my way!"

Sakura turns back to the communication to the Battle-14. "We've got recon heading down there as well, she'll be joining your recon team in a few minutes."

Characters: Marcus, Deisuke, Kim

Marcus, Kim and Deisuke are in the secondary hangar where the Thunderbolts are being held. Marcus is especially excited with the prospect of piloting again, he's been behind a destk for a few years now. "It's probably nothing, but cities don't just fall out of contact. Right now we're just going to investigate what's going on."

Their units, 3 Thunderbolts, are being outfitted with FAST Packs as the three pilots get ready.

Kim nods, putting on the outfit as she asks "Has the Zeon ship sent recon with us?"

"Yeah, we'll see it when we launch" says Marcus as he jumps into the Thuderbolts cockpit "They said it was a Zaku."

Deisuke doesn't look to pleased with the new robot. He sits in the cockpit making preflight checks while waiting for the others.K

Kim snorts. "Zaku! I remember fighting those things.. is it a new model?" Kim is performing preflight checks as well.

"We'll see, remember we dont have much information on Zeon Development lines in" says Marcus. He puts on his helmet and gives a thumbs up to the crew "Everything is ok here, how about you guys?"

Kim nods, putting on her helmet and closing the canopy "Everything's green here."

Deisuke responds "All Clear here."

"Ok!" says Marcus in an excited tone "Get ready. Hasshin Rei Squadron IKE!!!" Marcus' yells out as his Valkyrie speeds out of the hangar.

Kim sighs and follows. "He needs to get out more.. Kim Johnson.. IKERU!" as she speeds out of the hangar as well

"Since when does Marcus even talk in japanese..." thinks Deisuke as he launches last.

The three Valkyries speed off out of Battle-14's hangar. They look like miniscule specs of light lauching from the large structure. The three fly down in formation towards the lunar surface where they meet up with the Yubikiri Yakusoku's ZAKU Phantom.

Marucs utters over the comm in surprise "Hey that's a ZAFT one!" Suprised by the apperance of the unit. He says "Ok guys, we'll fly in low and fast since the moon doesn't have any real geological structures to hinder us. This way if there is trouble we wont be expected."

New Location: Lunar Surface, Cerevis City

At Cerevis City, a lack of communcation is the least of their worries. A detachment of what EA Ships, 1 Ra Cailum Class and 3 Ark Classes, ship designs that had been retired last year in the war against ZAFT, had appeared over the horizon a few hours ago and launched a small army of PTs against the city. Since then the area around and above Cerevis City has been a battlefield as Mao Industries PTs have been in combat against advanced versions of their own PTs.

The enemy forces have focused their primary assault on the Moon's Cradle Site. Though they have not stated a goal, it is obvious that they seek to gain control of this factory site.

Characters: Seleena Fae, Restoria Halionne

Seleena runs into the Hangar bay area of the Yubikiri Yakusoku, and immediately sees Restoria directing the heavy lifting crew, putting the finishing touches on the attachment of the Blaze Wizard and an EWAC recon module to the back of a ZAKU Phantom.

"Restoria, is everything ready yet?"

"The preparations are almost complete.. Miss Seleena, you're piloting this time? Just.. be careful out there, and good luck!"

"Thanks, Restoria.. but I've spent countless hours in the training sims. I'm as ready as I'll ever be! Besides, it's just recon, with the guys from the Battle-14.. I'll make sure to back out at the first sign of trouble."

"Just.. remember that piloting a real Mobile Suit isn't the same as in the training simulator."

"I will!"

Seleena waves to Restoria as she enters the cockpit of the ZAKU Phantom, closes the hatch, and begins the startup process, as the mecha's OS initializes and the viewscreens surrounding her flicker on. As soon as she has control, Seleena maneuvers the ZAKU toward the launching area, taking a short bit of time adjusting to the fact that she's piloting a real unit.

"You're doing great, just keep it up!", Restoria says into the unit's commlink.

"It's.. a bit different than the types of mecha I'm used to piloting, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.", she replies.

It isn't long before Seleena has managed to position herself for launch, and after being moved to the outside launch pad, she is cleared for deployment. "Seleena Fae, Blaze ZAKU Phantom with Recon Equipment.. Launch!"

And with that, the ZAKU rapidly accelerates off the launch pad and into space!

---

Characters: Seleena Fae

It isn't long before the Blaze ZAKU Phantom meets with the scouting crew from the Battle-14, flying in a tight formation close to the lunar surface.

"Hello, this is the Bloody Rose team's recon unit. I will be accompanying you on your scouting mission.", she says, over the commlink to the three Valkyries, as she drops into position close behind them and follows them toward Cerevis City..

Characters: Marcus, Deisuke, Kim

Marcus transmits a responce back "good to have you onboard. Just stay low and try to keep up, it could just be they have a fault transmittor but it could also be worse. Lets stay in radio silence, at our current speed we should get there in 5 minutes."

New Location: Cerevis City

Back at Cerevis the battle around Moon's Cradle starts to heat up. The Mao Industries AI Gespensts are have started to show their age against the apparently advanced attackers. In a short time their line is broken and a squad of three the enemy Gespensts near the entrance to Moon's Cradle.

The lead unit transmits "Break through, and come about to gwaaaaaack"

Before he finishes a powerful pincer like weapon grabs around his unit and breaks it in half infront of the other two units flanking him. The two gespensts are left motionless as they wait for the smoke of the explosion to clear.

"You've got some real guts to try and make it this far in!" says the pilot. The debris clears away to reveal a small, blue armored PT infront of them. The right arm has a large claw like weapon, in the other has a 3 barrelled autocannon.

Characters: Rahda, Ryoto, Alexis

Inside Moon's Crade, final preperations are being made to Kyoshokan's and Devlin's PTs. The alterations that Devlin had asked for earlier on his Huckebein MkII-M had been completed and the techs were just about to load up the final weapons. Kyosho was temporarly moved to a Huckebein MkII for testing with the T-Link System but with the battle it was decided to have her deploy and defend the base with it.

"It may seem old but it's performance is higher overall then the MP Units" says Rahda, Mao's resident yoga expert, from the hanagar control room to Kyosho's screen "Since we weren't expecting a battle, the G-Impact Cannon still hasn't been activated but we'll boost it out when it's final checks are completed. "All you have right now are the Autocannons, Chakram Shooter, Photon Rifle and the Shishioh Blade. Good Luck!" A tech near the Huckebein MkII signals ready for launch and the unit is moved into the catapult.

Ryoto comes rushing into the control room "The Tausendf

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Character: Devlin Agian

As Devlin looks around, he hears the alarms ringing.

''Incoming attack!'' He hears a mechanic scream before a flash of light and explosions occurs.

'' I remember those flashes, it are the same guy's from the PTA!'' Devlin quikly runs towards the hangar seeing his mass produced huckie already prepped for launch.

''Did you guy's manage to create the Hi Twin Launchers?'' Devlin asks as he gets in the PT. ''Not really, these are a copy of a G-impact cannon. The firepower of each barrel are about half from the original G impact cannon.

''Well lets dock this bombarment equipment, and let me bring those guy's some hell.''

As the Hi Twin launcher are connected, Devlin already has booted up the OS rushing trough the final checks. ''Everything is set, Devlin Agian launching!''

The mass produced huckbein launches out of the hangar, seeing the AI programmed gesphent getting slaughtered.

As Devlin locked on the leader unit, a blue mech appears ripping the Gesphent in 2 with its sciccors of some kind.

''What the, i remember that mech from the PTA, they were trying to steal that!''

As the Huckie lands next to the blue mech, it has already locked on to the remaining two Gesphents from the group, firing its Hi Twin launcher, hitting both the gessies hard, since the confussion that the blue mech had caused gave him the time to get a 98% correct lock-on.

''Let's show these guy's what team power can do.'' Devlin speaks with a calm voice. He kept his emotions under control knowing that these guy's will be giving them a hard time ahead.

Characters: Kyoshokan Tsuchikan

Kyoshokan acknolwedges this, performign final checks "Okay! I'll do my best! Kyoshokan Tsuchikan, Huckebien Mk II, Launching!" She launches out of Mao, her photon rifle at the ready, and immeditaly starts using it, firing at a Shadow Mirror Gespent, and lands near Danny and the blue PT, firing another shot to explode an enemy Gespent attempting to exploit the weakness, then runs towards the weakspot, slashing through another Gespent with the Shishioh blade

"I'll see if I can't help plug up the weakness." Kyoshokan radios back to Danny and the blue PT

New Location: In the battle zone

Devlin's charged gravity blast tears through the two remaining Gespensts. The powerful gravity attack crushes both both units and continues down range, scattering the units directly ahead of them. Arad rushes fowards following Kyosho's exaple "Attack! Attack! Attack!" and firing with his machine cannons on of the the hapless units. As it is riddeled with holes, he wraps the powerful pincer around it and rams the unit into the ground "Stag Beetle" before crushing it in half "CRUSHER!!"

Arad and Kyosho have definatelly gotten the attention of the attacking Gespenst squads as they change their focus away from Earth's Cradle. Devlin's long range and fire power gives him an opportune chance to strike at them as they are trying to reform and attack the two units.

Characters: Marcus, Deisuke

The three Valkyries and the solitary ZAKU come in sight of the city in no time. The first indication that something is wrong is the lack of traffic around the city. Any major lunar city would have trasports comming in and out constantly but this is not the case as the space around the city is devoid. Furthermore, there are large flashes of lights off in the distance in the direction of Earth's Cradle, anyone that has been in combat can recognize the sight of beam weapon fire.

"Well this doesn't look good, not good at all" says Marcus in responce. "Lets move in faster guys, there could be some serious trouble up ahead" he says as he brings the power of the Thunderbolt's engines and accelerates towards Earth's Cradle.

Character: Devlin Agian

As Arad and Kyoshokan attack the gesphents from closeby, Devlin's huckbein lands on the ground stationaring himself, and aims at the incoming gesphent forces.

''Incoming volley!'' Devlin speaks trough the comm system to Arad and Kyosho.

He fires several smaller blasts from his Hi Twin Launcher making sure that the Gesphent don't have a chance of regrouping. After the shots the huckbein moves away from where he was and stations itself in a flanking position, with wich he will make sure that no gesphent is capable of escaping.

The huckbein lowers down, and gets on one knee, with raised arms and Hi Twin Launcher locked on the groups, he fires another volley of energy blasts and also unloads his wrist gattling guns at the groups in front of him.

Characters: Rahda, Ryoto

Inside Moon Cradle, Rahda, says to Alexis “Well, I guess if you don’t want to use the 008L, there is another you could use."

Outside, Devlin’s Hi-Twin Launcher fire makes quick work of the attacking Gespensts. However the rapid fire blasts take their toll on both the launchers and his power supplies. In no time his reserves go to zero and he’s left on with his hand carried ammo weapons.

Kyosho and Arad now have a straight line ahead of them. The Moon’s Cradle suddenly comes to life. The large door opens and and from deep within the the large transport, Tausendf

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Characters: Alexis

"All systems green, Tesla Drive Online, weapons... weapons... Ohh, this is great Radha, Ryoto." The Wildfalken L boosts into the sky infront of the Tausendfu

Characters: Kyoshokan Tsuchikan

Kyoshokan aims her photon rifle at a Gespent , hitting it square in the chest and exploding it as she runs along side the Tassuenfauser. She swings the Shishio Blade at another,then jumps up and fires two shots of the Rifle at two new targets, taking out the sensors as she keeps running alongside

New Location: ...

Characters: Rahda, Ryoto, Rio

The Tausendfüßler rocks a bit from the nearby explosions, but no major damage is sustained. On the bridge Rahda keeps a close look on the battlefield ahead of the ship. Back in the hold of the ship, Ryoto clicks in his helmet in and raises the visor too look over at Rio “It’s been a while since I’ve been in this.”

Rio locks in her suit as well “You better not have gotten soft, or else we’re going to extra training until you’re back to form!”

Ryoto sweat drops “I didn’t mean it hat way.”

Characters: Arad

Outside, Kyosho’s and Alexis’ actions seem to cause a change in the attack patterns of the enemy Gespensts. They pause for a moment before beginning their charge once more, this time however they forgo their long range weapons and try to get into close range to both the Personal Troopers.

Arad doesn’t notice the difference and rushes in ahead of his two partner PTs, firing his arm autocannons ahead at a group of units. Two of the Gespensts ahead of him suddenly dodge the autocannon shots and rush him at close range with their plasma cutters “What?! Since when do you guys dodge?”

Characters: Seleena Fae, Aurelia Halegoode, Forcelle Psiona, Midori Katase

"So there is a battle going on here..", Seleena says to herself, as she sees the massive battle that's taking place above the Mao Industries HQ. Now, she DID promise to fall back once she confirmed that there was a battle going on, and now would be that time, but once she sees the three Variable Fighters she was accompanying run off toward the scene of the battle, she wondered if she should chase after them.

When suddenly, she hears a voice over her commlink.. "Nice work, Seleena! We'll take over from here."

Seleena looks up to see the Qubeley, funnels already deployed and following close behind, zoom right past her! A Zssa and a Dovenwolf flanking it on both sides pass by shortly afterwards.

"But.. how'd you get here so fast? I could barely even see the battle over the horizon just now.."

"That's why we attached the EWAC module to your ZAKU. We had confirmation of the battle before you even got halfway there."

"We can still use the enhanced recon capabilities, so stay low until Sakura shows up. She'll recover you then."

"Right. Go get 'em, then!"

Seleena does so, and descends to the lunar surface, hiding behind some lunar rubble, keeping a very close eye on the radar screen for any sort of enemy units to approach her position, as Aurelia and the others zoom forwards the battlefield..

Characters: Marcus

Marcus notices the zeon arrivals and heads for their location, thinking 'well, that's a Qubeley. That's gotta be their boss.' The Thunderbolt approaches the newly arrived group in fighter mode then turns into it's robot mode just infront of the bee like unit "These guys, they're PTs but using Alliance IFFs. It's got to be the Shadow Mirrors."

He looks down at his sensors but doesn't see anything out of the ordinary "I suggest we split into two forces. One to help out Moon Cradle the other to take down the ships that brought them here. Your EWAC guy is probably better able to find them then I can."

Edited by Saito Ryujin

Characters: Kyoshokan Tsuchikan, Kim Johnson

Locations: Moon Cradle

Kyoshokan murmurs to herself as she stabs a gespent in the chest, then kicks it at another, smoothly cutting through the second as it's distracted.

"I wish I still had that equipment I left on Earth.." Kyoshokan frowns. "I think I have an idea, but it doesn't work out." She smoothly draws an opponent off a stance, then cleaves the Gespent. A Gepsent is about to lunge into her back before it draws back from a sudden burst of gunpod fire as Kim arrives, transforming to Gerwalk and joining the battle

"You really should work on your melee skills, Kyoshokan." She smiles, bracketing her and slicing through another.

"We've got another force coming in soon." Kim smiles, as she hails the ship. "It appears they have a learning AI, as no communication is sent from the mech to another."

New Location: Unchanged

Edited by Rika

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0