Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Umbaglo

SimChamber v4 Banner Bounty

10 posts in this topic

So now that we've upgraded to Simchamber v4, we need to go and change most of our old banners so that they no longer say v3 on them. And since we're doing this, we might as well get a new pool of banners as well! This is where you all come in, because I'm putting up a bounty for new banners, to match the two banner styles we use for the SimChamber.

Animate

gallery_36_4_29085.jpg

For the Animate skin, we're looking for banners that are 980x140 pixels, but the width is variable due to the rotating nature of the banner on this skin. Just make sure that it can look good rotating along the top of the screen; infinite scroll design is not necessary.

Engraved/Carbon Blue/Infinite Dark

gallery_12_4_10853.jpg

For the remaining skins, we're looking for 500x70 pixel banners only, due to the space given by these skins for banners.

Other Requirements

While SimChamber or v4 branding is desired, it is not necessary for any banner for either skin format. Banners must be topical for the Simchamber, and must also be tasteful. I or any other moderator reserve the right to disallow any entry for any reason.

Reward

For each banner submitted and accepted, I will pay the submitter 500 credits, with the potential for more based on how I feel about the banner.

With that, let's see what you, the citizens of the Simchamber, can come up with to celebrate our new rules version!

I know it's already been four weeks since this has started and that I haven't contributed a single piece, yet, but I would like to ask if there are any rules or regulations to how we go about gathering images.

Does it have to be 'official' art, or can it be well-done fanart? In the case of the latter, should we always contact the original artist(s) and ask for their permission, first? I suppose that might be a weird question, but there seem to be plenty of artists who are defensive of their works (rightfully so in some cases), and the last thing I'd like to do is start upsetting anyone with any possible submissions.

Lastly, can the art depict original creations, or must it be restricted to established works?

Edited by Xemposacez

The art can be whatever you want, and not something that would get us in trouble. If you looked at the existing banners, you'd notice that there are plenty that are fanart or designed around original creations.

One last set of questions before I start going crazy and dumping a bunch of submissions of potentially emotionally scarring quality.

Are the submissions to be posted here, or sent via P.M., and what manner of image hosting would you recommend/prefer?

Posted here, and it doesn't matter. Again, if you look at our existing banners, they're all posted on the SC domain because of the script we use to rotate them.

Is... is it just me, or have attachments been disabled? I've been staring at the reply box for upwards of an hour, now, wondering why it is I don't see a "choose file" button, or if there's something I'm just not understanding.

Okay, then. I was a bit worried about flooding the Gallery with submissions, but I believe I've already been doing that what with the 200+ sprites I've uploaded to it. ^_^;

Anyway, I don't consider myself especially good when it comes to visual arts, but I'll see if anything I happen to submit turns out to be decent enough. I'm sorry if any of these are from images already used in the past, and I plan to submit more from a broader selection of series and artists as soon as I can. Included below are links to the original pictures, in the event that anyone wants to see them for themselves.

Animate (12345678)

Other (12345678)

Animate1

Animate2

Animate3

Animate4

Animate5

Animate6

Animate7

Animate8

Engraved1

Engraved2