kyled

Hello

6 posts in this topic

Just a new member and mecha anime fan saying 'Hi everyone'. I must admit, as interesting as this place looks, it's a little complicated for me. I hope that my distinct lack of any math skills won't deter me from really giving this a shot. 

I'm curious to know where a newbie should start when it comes to fighting? I'll be spending some time learning the rules and hopefully setting up a unit or two within the next few weeks and I'd like to know where to show up once I'm ready to have a simple fight, sos I can learn the ropes and whatnot. 

I wouldn't stress too much about the math; the calculator function on your computer should be able to keep up with pretty much all of your needs, there. : P

As for where to start fighting-wise, I would suggest the Virtual Stadium, particularly the events Base Defense Duty and Base Assault Duty. These should help get you started with getting used to the current system.

Oh, and you might find this thread to be of some additional assistance in getting you further started. I haven't been around too long, myself, but I believe I can safely say that the community, here, is awesome.

Great, thanks for the tips, I'll show up there when I'm ready for a fight. Also appreciate the link to that thread, would be a pretty big help to get some extra credits right off the bat. 

So I guess we're both pretty new, perhaps we will see each other around and have a fight sometime. :) 

Heh, we most likely will, and, thanks to the rules for leveling down pilots, you're just as able to play against members who have been around for far longer, and them vice versa. I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself if that hadn't been introduced. ^_^;

@kyled, don't know if its still allowed, (ask around if its still allowed), but if it is, you can go for a couple of duels using test builds. Open Arsenal/Hangar, create a couple of level 20 pilot builds, throw them in a match. see how it goes. you don't keep the unit/pilot/xp, but i think they still allow you to keep the credits, plus it'll help you determine which build is for you and help you learn the ropes.

Edited by Largo

Actually, from what I understand, Exhibition Matches let you keep Pilot XP rather than Credits, so they're probably best left for once you've got some pilots to give the XP to. It won't help financially, but, since nothing's locked in an Exhibition Match, you can do all the playtesting of your builds on the side.