Mechalomaniac

Secret Santa 2013

12 posts in this topic

So it's like...a month until Christmas, and we're doing the secret Santa thing again. The idea is that everyone gets 1000 credits with which to buy gifts for a particular person (through the glorious process of randomization). Similarly someone will be your Secret Santa and get you a gift.

The 1000 Credits can only be used to buy your designated giftee a gift. And no, you can't be lazy and just give them the 1000 credits. You have to at least make it a gift card, just like those of us in real life, even if we actually wouldn't mind real money but everyone thinks that it's tacky.

Anyway the purpose of this thread is to acquire a list of people who want to participate and get their names randomized. If you're interested, sign here. Also feel free to leave a wish list to give your secret santa ideas. I'll leave this open until December 21st, 11:59 PM my time (that'd be Pacific Standard Time), and try to get the names out on that night or maybe the night after. I'll make another thread after that for posting the gifts (so they don't get cluttered or anything).

...and yes I did largely just copy the post I made last year.

.......and yes I did largely copy the post I made last year again. Which is why that last part is there.

...............and I once again copied this from last year. It's as traditional as...some...tradition...thing.

.............................look I'm just going to keep copying this. I don't care if the gag is getting old.

By the way, self. For when you copy this post next year....have them post ideas for things they might want here too, to help people out.

...Hey that's a good idea self from a year ago! When you post your interest throw out some ideas so that people don't give lots and lots of gift cards.

.......Wow I've been doing this for like eight years now. I'm old. By the way, next year self, let me know if the Mayans were right or not.

..................Nope, the Mayans were full of shit. Also we got v4 done. Isn't that awesome?

Count me in, as well.

... Seeing Mecha's exchange with himself over the years tempted me to go back and find old notes and ramblings I had written in my own past. But then I remembered I was one angry, self-righteous little twerp, so it's probably for the best that I don't remember those moments too vividly, anyway.

Once again yaou can count me in.

I'm in, though I'm more in this to give than to receive. Kinda weird, right?

Okay, I always love me a good secret santa!

....I sure hope it doesnt turn up like last year for me >_>

i'ma generous squid, so however gets me... they're gonna get squidded

Sorry I was late closing this. I had a bad cold and basically felt like doing nothing but sleeping after work yesterday.

PMs will be sent out notifying you of your giftee soon.