Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angry123

Hangar v4?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a fellow that has been lurking around for sometime, with a passing interest in what you've got going on here.

I made an account because I assumed that that their were some features that only members could see, like the v4 hangar.

Well, I'm looking around, and I cannot find it. Is it not finished, or is it on a different board or something?

Hi, welcome to the Simchamber!

The Hangar is indeed located off-board - it's on a wiki called the Simulation Chamber Shops located here. If ever you need to find it again, just look for "Simulation Chamber Shops" in the Operations Manual section of the board - it's just below the Rules forum.

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks, I had been looking for it for sometime now. 

It's a pretty interesting read, and even when it's done, it'll serve as a pretty decent mecha database.

If I were to dare suggest anything though, perhaps cut down on a bit of the snark? I know there aren't a lot of people who aren't fond of the series, but maybe you shouldn't let the dislike of the series mar the information.

I personally like the snarkiness. I don't think any of it is done out of actual hate or spite; just a little something to make the descriptions a little more fun and colorful, give them character. It also appears to make its way into the mechanics of the game, such as the fact that the Trombe Override is actually a thing and all that. I'm not even a big fan of it in the source games ("Darn it, Ratsel, you're killing the mood!"), and I still get a snicker knowing it can be used tactically, here.

I actually don't dislike any of the stuff we've done so far (except one thing coming up in the Season 2 Bazaar). Most of the snarkiness is just me poking fun at things I find amusing, like SEED's completely random naming habits or how older shows are hilariously anachronistic.

Whenever we do get to something I actively dislike I plan on consciously avoid making fun of it, though in most cases I would get someone who likes the show to do it.

Because with the release of a new version, we've moved over to it.

I apologize for the slowness of the updates, but the mod staff has been busy with other matters lately.