Umbaglo

Bazaar Giveaway And Input Thread

11 posts in this topic

So, it turns out that not many people made use of the Bazaar in Season 1. That's probably our fault, though. As an interim measure, we've decided to double the BS prizes, but for a more long-term solution we'd like to know what you people, the players, think about the Bazaar! What do you like, or not like, about what it offers, or the prices of things in it. What would you like to see more of from the Bazaar, or maybe less of? How do you feel about the rate of earning Blue Stones? Please, let us know!

As a reward for your opinions, and compensation for the difficulty in earning Blue Stones over Season 1, all players who post here can claim a one-time reward of 300 Blue Stones, to be used however you wish.

Edited by Umbaglo

Rather like the idea behind the bazaar, though blue stones were a bit slow to get. I mostly like the idea of weird units that have nonstandard abilities or weapon lists (Doan's Zaku comes to mind). I'm actually kinda sad that, due to various real life issues, I didn't get a chance to try out my RX-78-2 (Hardpoint ver.) before the season ended since it had a pretty neat gimmick going.

I only ended up buying one Bazaar unit last season, but that was primarily because there was only one unit that I desperately wanted; I didn't have any burning must-have desire to pick up any of the rest. After that I was basically stockpiling Blue Stones in case anything else would strike my fancy.

As mentioned in the mod channel, though, the entire idea of purchasing those reward boosting coupons were completely removed from consideration; the prices were pretty exorbitant for what was a one-battle-use expendable item. Then again, admittedly I was never really in need of Credits or unit EXP all season, and if I ever wanted pilot EXP a trip to the Duel Arenas solved that problem easily.

I guess I'm the odd one out, here, as I made a total of four purchases from the Bazaar during the previous Season. Reasons for my choices included a mixture of necessity, functionality, and novelty. I'm also in agreement with Yuu and Tilus in respects to what they both mentioned.

The idea behind the Bazaar seemed pretty fun to me, and the opportunity to play around with Units that possessed gimmicks and abilities unique to them appeals to me, as well. I didn't think much about the rate that Blue Stones were awarded, then, but that was likely because of how much activity I was undergoing. It was only after the Season ended that I really noticed how it would take roughly three SimChamber Missions to get enough of them for a Rank 4 or 5 Unit as opposed to the two for a Unit of similar Rank from the Hangar, but I had probably also been thinking that only needing eight for a Rank 13 was a reasonable trade-off for me for some reason or another.

The prices of the one-time use reward boosters were also too steep for me to want to purchase. Sacrificing two-missions' worth of Blue Stones for an additional one or one-half mission's worth of another reward just wasn't a good enough of an exchange for me to consider making. I'm not sure how I'll feel about them with the doubling of Blue Stone rewards since I'll be doing my best to stock up on those, but I know I'll give them some more thought, at least.

Edited by Xemposacez

The main reason I didn't buy any Bazaar Units in Season 1 is that by the time I had the Blue Stones needed to buy the Black Knight Zero the Season was almost over and I rather save it for next Batch of Units. Another reason is that most Units were just slight Variations of already existing ones and considering the work it takes to get enough Blue Stones to buy one I just didn't feel like it was worth it , also no Ozma Durandal.

I personally would've liked more unique Units like the Orguss Valkyrie or Black Knight Zero, but that aside I really like the Idea behind it and look forward to the next batch of Units.

Edited by Isaac

I like the idea of the Bazaar and being able to find unique units the vary from the standard ones. There were some units i thought about getting but I rather save my blue stones for this season's bazaar units since I like the current line up and looking forward to seeing what the alternate units will be. I probably wouldn't get the reward increasing items because what they increase can be done using spirit commands or skills but nothing increases the the amount of blue stones you earn aside from destroying as many of your opponent mecha as you can during a match. I think the increase in blue stone rewards will increase the amount of unit bought since just completing 2-3 matches will give you enough to buy a unit rather than 4 or 5.

Another possible idea could be installables "unique to the season" that aren't normally available arsenal items. Installable weapons that come from units in the current season, possibly even ones that might allow a unit to participate in combo attacks they normally couldn't but with a copy of the exact weapon installed they can now or a gravity wave beam you can install on any unit with the battleship type for a couple examples. But this is just idea something else you guys could add if you liked the idea.

Edited by CyberLegion

I can't comment on the rate of acquiring blue stones, due to how I messed up my first fight and am otherwise still rebuilding my pilot listing, but I agree on the one-use-item thing. I would never have bought one, because I'd have been trading a valuable resource (blue stones) for a much less valuable one (credits or XP, which are much easier to get). Had there been a purchasable (with credits) voucher to increase the amount of blue stones you get from a fight, I might've gone for that, though.

In any case, yes, increase the blue stones rewards, and you'll increase the bazaar usage. There were quite a number of Season 1 units I wanted to get (and probably will if I get 300 blue stones for this response!).

the bad: it's the pricing structure, more on the scarcity of blue gems vs the usability of the unit. at about 50 gems per rank, which is the base reward of 1 fight, its relatively expensive for low rank mook unit (like the Zaku with the boulder attack) and too cheap for high end ones, like the Devil Gundam and Black Knight. compared the pricing for units that can be bought for credits.

the good: i like the idea of "mecha bazaar of the bizarre".

the ugly: the season 1 bazaar units are pretty slim pickings. need more "franken-mecha", less on "same mecha with a different paint job" for being unique. Orguss Valkyrie, Doan's Zaku, RX Gundam with the hardpoints, these are the ones that show a good unique unit. the rest just aren't worth a second glance.

my suggestion: there were some ideas in the NJU, like the MS that has a Valk as core block, the Getter Zaku, even my poorly written attempt to stuff a Valk with the kind of missiles that Super Robots use. we need more of things like this for the Bazaar. Also, why should it be just season specific mecha? why not dressups purchasable by blue gems, or a v4 version of some kind of faction unique tech/item/unit/pilot..remember NJU faction units and the Ace Pilot Customization?

Edited by Largo

I'm going to disagree with Largo on the "paint job" thing, but some of the mecha were minor variations on existing units.

I like Missile Guncannon, but I can see how "replace cannons with missile launchers" isn't enough for him.

Speaking of Frankenmecha, can I suggest making some of the MS Saga units bazaar units?

(Maybe I should've submitted Zaku Sandrock for Season 1)

Also, I'd love the Ace Customs back, but I understand the balancing problems.

I like Missile Guncannon, but I can see how "replace cannons with missile launchers" isn't enough for him.

If it was for Credits, I would have gotten it, but not for gems. Too rare for a unit like this.